[1.3] [KV] Impassable Map Maker [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, March 28, 2017, 02:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

1.0 Update:
Updated to work with the newest unstable version

Kiame

Update:
Changed the settings to allow an Edge Buffer of 0. This will make the map truely impassable.
The game may not like this and will probably through some errors along the way.

rawrfisher

Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Kiame

With Edge Buffer set to 0 for square impassable maps there is an opening in each corner that's about 6x6 cells. All the wild animals will be sharing that space with you so be prepared to fight for your food and space... I'm honestly not sure if it's possible to survive this start.

For round impassable maps each corner is open and the radius of the mountain is big enough to cut off the other corners of the map.

rawrfisher

Want me to test :P

I can easily do it once I have some free time
Professional jerk

Canute

Dwarf's one the mark,ready, DIG!
Who find first the Shangri-La in the middle ? :-)

Btw. does it would be possible to made the mountain full of caves (with or without hives). Since only the edge's are free there shouldn't be an opening to see at arrival.
But possible once you discover the caves which add an entry point for raiders/traveller too.

rawrfisher

Try the caveworld mods for that.  Otherwise just look for one that's got caves as a special feature.
They are too darn common if you ask me.
Professional jerk

Kiame

Update:
Added an option to set round impassable mountain's outer-radius.

Setting it too low will cause no mountain at all and setting it too high will cause only the corners to be available. This is to support x-large map sizes.

Kiame

Update:
-Added a setting "True Random" which will cause the map to be random every time even if the world's name + selected tile is the same
-Increased the Min/Max for the inner open area's sizes for both square and circle. Realize if the inner area is larger than the mountain itself, there will be no mountain
-Fixed an issue where some settings could be cut off at the bottom (now the settings page will scroll to nothing under the options, this is just to make sure nothing gets cut off

Updated the settings description on the first post of this thread.

ssateneth

is there a way to make the mountain only be open from 1 side? the steam workshop screenshot is misleading. it only shows 1 open side but the default settings make the "mountain" open from all sides. it also shows a section at the bottom right fogged over because it looks like more mountain. we just need the mountain and the map being an entire mountain except a small chunk on the side that is open.

Kiame

Screenshot doesn't show the whole map ;)

The game does not operated correctly if a side is fully closed. IIRC there is a choice to have just a 1 square buffer

Snowpig

Despite of the disclaimer/warning I set up a tribal game on an impassable temperate tile at the center of the map and had much fun.

Some experiences from yesterdays play:
- the available open space is not that big, so I build my buildings over tiles, which do not support growth (mud, lake) - this leads to food/wood shortages as well
- if you do not wall off the entrance, most of the animals will come over - which can be dangerous, if its Megasloths, Boomalopes and Thrumbos - in addition they start eating up your fields
- Asteroids and Ship chunks drop almost always on your colonists heads

Kiame

If you want a larger middle area or modify the size of the mountain check out this mod's options. Any/all changes to the options will take effect when a new impassable map is generated.