Childhood Backstories

Started by TaryTrayTwins412, March 28, 2017, 04:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaryTrayTwins412

Hello!
I tried googling and creeping this forum to find an answer to my question, but could not find anything specific, so i thought I'd just ask here!

I noticed on a few older forum posts (like dated March 6, 2016 or older), people mentioned a "Youth Hooligan" backstory for children, but I'm using Prepare Carefully, and do not see this backstory. Was it removed in an update before I started playing?

Let me know if this was the right place to mention this!

grrizo

I think it was renamed. I can't remember it in A15 either, though.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

milon

This is a good place to ask.  I can't recall it offhand.  I assume you want to use it because of the starting stats.  Any idea what those were (roughly)?

alsoandanswer

I think it was changed to Urbworld Hooligan

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

AngleWyrm

Quote from: TaryTrayTwins412 on March 28, 2017, 04:45:32 PM
I noticed on a few older forum posts (like dated March 6, 2016 or older), people mentioned a "Youth Hooligan" backstory for children, but I'm using Prepare Carefully, and do not see this backstory.

What properties would you like your Youth Hooligan to have?

The image on the right shows the list of all possible things. Not necessary or even desirable to have them all in one story; they're just there to give the painter a palette to work with.

(click to enlarge)
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Lys

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 30, 2017, 12:16:07 PM
The image on the right shows the list of all possible things.
Thats not how screenshots work. All we can see is a pic of Internet Explorer and 1 1/2 back stories.

Also, how is that "Daddys lil monster"-image relevant to the thread?

Greep

Yeah I thnk it was renamed to something like "X Punk", mentions something about selling cigarettes to kids as a teenager.  I remember getting a tynan sylvester pawn with this background and laughed.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Lys on March 30, 2017, 01:47:07 PM
All we can see is a pic of Internet Explorer and 1 1/2 back stories.
Also, how is that "Daddys lil monster"-image relevant to the thread?
Speak for yourself.
I can see the full list of properties in that screen shot.
And as far as the image on the left goes, I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

TaryTrayTwins412

Thanks y'all for your help! I just wanted a complete and up-to-date list of backstories so that I could just look and compare them to choose the ones I thought were either A)interesting stories regardless of stats or B)had the list of skills, traits, yada yada that I really wanted for the optimal pawn(cheating huehue). 

It takes too much time and is terribly inconvenient to try and compare backstories in prepare carefully. In the end, I just went though each childhood backstory and recorded the skills from each entry, but the problem is, I don't know what stories force which traits or if theyre shufflable or simply tied to certain pawn, etc.

cultist

Quote from: Greep on March 30, 2017, 01:55:38 PM
Yeah I thnk it was renamed to something like "X Punk", mentions something about selling cigarettes to kids as a teenager.  I remember getting a tynan sylvester pawn with this background and laughed.

My Tynan pawn was an old guy who hated women. He was beaten to death by some woman's lover. I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere.