Protection and Tribute - Warlord or Vassal

Started by BeastNips, March 29, 2017, 05:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeastNips

TLDR; Tribute and protection system allowing you to bribe raider/tribal factions to not attack, a long with a 'intimidation' factor for your colony allowing you to demand tribute.

Full version: This would be a system similar to the system found in Gnomoria in which you can send tribute to enemy factions to not raid you. This tribute may increase or decrease depending on your colony's wealth (just as raids can increase in size). If you have a well armed colony (worked out by amount of colonists, number of weapons, power of weapons etc) your colony gets an intimidation factor which makes smaller factions less likely to attack you, a long with giving you the option to demand tribute from other colonies.

If you demand tribute then the colony will pay if they are sufficiently intimidated. If they aren't, you can attack which will significantly increase your intimidation factor depending on the damage you do (don't destroy them; dead people can't pay a penny!) If you demand tribute and it isn't paid but you don't attack, this will lower your intimidation factor as you'll look weak and other factions won't take you seriously. Raiding in general will make you more feared, raising your general intimidation factor which all colonies in the area.

Tribute can be paid in silver, but if they don't have enough you can demand items, animals and slaves in place of silver. This could be done in a trade-style screen.

What do you think? 

Icarus

I for one would like to see a minor RTS/grand strat element where you essentially vassalize settlements, allying them to you, getting them to produce something and essentially taking over the planet in a sense. I think settlements should be also less spread around the planet and more be naturally gathered near eachother from each faction, forming borders.

The game talks about "midworlds" or "urbworlds" but it would be nice to turn the planet from a rimworld into a midworld via conquest or diplomacy or something.

BeastNips

Quote from: Icarus on March 29, 2017, 06:43:35 AM
I for one would like to see a minor RTS/grand strat element where you essentially vassalize settlements, allying them to you, getting them to produce something and essentially taking over the planet in a sense. I think settlements should be also less spread around the planet and more be naturally gathered near eachother from each faction, forming borders.

The game talks about "midworlds" or "urbworlds" but it would be nice to turn the planet from a rimworld into a midworld via conquest or diplomacy or something.

I like the sound of that!

wafflep90

Am I the only one thinking of Negan out of the walking dead, taking over peoples stuff and knocking heads in