RimWorld Mod Database - Find and add mods here!

Started by CutiesDeathCab, March 30, 2017, 12:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CutiesDeathCab

Hello everyone!  8)

I got a little bored today, So I made a Mod Database spreadsheet.

Using these things, there is now a Database for mods which is capable to be community driven.
They are quite self-explanatory. This may not contain many mods at the start, However if we can push this out to other major mods developers then we can have one centralised mod list, for easy access to all!

[PLEASE NOTE THAT CATEGORIES ARE UNDER CONSTRUCTION. IF ADDING A MOD PLEASE SELECT OTHER AND TYPE 'Under Construction' WITHOUT THE ' '. THANK YOU.]

View Mods Here
Add Mods Here

I will monitor progress for a while. If it all goes good then thats great for us all.  ;D

~CutiesDeathCab  ;)

CutiesDeathCab

Quote from: RawCode on March 30, 2017, 02:00:49 AM
https://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
Yes, however anyone that chooses to not use steam's mod management can use this instead.
I've heard alot of complaints about broken saves because of mod auto-updating.
And people that play the game in a more portable manner, don't then need steam on every computer I play on.

~DeathCab

XeoNovaDan

Is it permitted to add other peoples' mods or do they have to add it themselves?

CutiesDeathCab

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on March 30, 2017, 02:32:33 AM
Is it permitted to add other peoples' mods or do they have to add it themselves?
Personally, I wouldn't mind if people put my mods on there, and the people's that are currently on there were added by me.
I'd say yes, But if the mod author contacts me asking me to remove it, I will without hesitation. (However I don't see anyone saying I don't want my mod publicised)
Feel free to. :)

XeoNovaDan

Fluffy (l2032)

I like the concept, but please, for the love of god, change that colour scheme.

CutiesDeathCab

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on March 30, 2017, 03:36:06 AM
Ohh Its Fluffy! You make awesome mods, What color scheme do you suggest? :)
If you know how to do conditional formatting on google docs, pm me your email address and i'll give you access to edit it.

BlackSmokeDMax

Yes! That first column especially! Maybe it's different if you are logged into google docs, but with just clicking the link and looking at the mod list, the first column is a bright lime green that you can barely read on a light-ish blue background. Even if you just made that column into standard black like the next 4 or 5 columns it would be much better.

Besides that, love the project!

Canute

I got a similar idea abit got, but was to lazy to start it.

Maybe you should create some subcategories like :
Tweaks : Better pathfinding, smarter food selection
UI : WorkTab
Weapon:
Armor:
Storyteller:
Races/Faction:
Modpack/total conv.: Hardcore-SK,Mars

and maybe some more.

CutiesDeathCab

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on March 30, 2017, 10:38:22 AM

Yes! That first column especially! Maybe it's different if you are logged into google docs, but with just clicking the link and looking at the mod list, the first column is a bright lime green that you can barely read on a light-ish blue background. Even if you just made that column into standard black like the next 4 or 5 columns it would be much better.

Besides that, love the project!

Thanks smoke,

However I did just realise that I tweaked my monitor so it damages my eyes less. It's been like this for so long that It looks normal to me, I'll fix up the color scheme and make it a darker scheme. :)
Quote from: Canute on March 30, 2017, 05:28:22 PM
I got a similar idea abit got, but was to lazy to start it.

Maybe you should create some subcategories like :
Tweaks : Better pathfinding, smarter food selection
UI : WorkTab
Weapon:
Armor:
Storyteller:
Races/Faction:
Modpack/total conv.: Hardcore-SK,Mars

and maybe some more.

That is also something I was planning on, I am going to modify it today. That is a good set of categories, However there could be a chance that not all will fit into the categories, so I will add an other option.

I'm also looking to see if anyone would like to help me maintain it, and keep it clean. Its not too necessary yet however I wouldn't mind having someone to help anyways.

GideonHidolka

faltonico

I applaud your initiative,
But I find it kind of sad that you have to resort to do this though, because, If all modders knew/used/updated this thread, your efforts wouldn't be necessary, and it would be easier for DRM free users to discover their mods.

CutiesDeathCab

Quote from: CutiesDeathCab on March 30, 2017, 12:33:49 AM
Special thanks to MarvinKosh for taking so much time and energy adding all his mods. :) he's been adding for atleast half an hour as at this message and it seems he's still going strong.
Quote from: faltonico on March 31, 2017, 12:42:45 PM
And yes. It would have been better, however mine seems to be quite effective in the short time it's been live. And I dont mind keeping it active as long as it continues being used.

~CutiesDeathCab