I Might do a video series on rimworld biomes iRL. Interested?

Started by Tanelorn, March 31, 2017, 10:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanelorn

https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/62jqn8/desert_biome_im_here_every_day/?st=J0XW7CR2&sh=f90f751d

Like many of you, I love rim world and think about what a rim world scenario would be like in places I go. I live in the Sonoran desert, and I got a wild idea to go to as many in game biomes that  I can, and  make a video talking about rim world focused considerations in each.

I can easily get to the desert, arid shrubland, temperate forest, and boreal forest.  Tropical forest is not a far stretch, and neither is ocean.

Is there any community interest in doing something like this? If so, let me know. Also please share ideas for the subjects to be covered. Things like edible plants, construction materials, Etc.

b0rsuk

I remember you, you're the person who lives in the Sonoran arid shrubland. I'm very much interested. I've been thinking a lot how to make various biomes more unique, and if it would require a water system.

The biome I'm most familiar with is temperate forest. Tynan lives in boreal forest (or Canada, anyway).

Construction materials are interesting, they could diversify biomes. I think snow/ice for ice sheet (for at least exterior walls, perimeter, outdoor sculptures with 0$ selling price). For rainforest I would choose bamboo, but I'm not sure how to make it unique in gameplay terms. Another resource I would very much like to see is bone, mostly for tribals and various crafts, weapons.

Try to make general notes how do animals and plants compare.

Temperature amplitude during day, night, in full sun, in shade.