So... what's next?

Started by webkilla, April 15, 2018, 09:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webkilla

The last devblog update was from back in january. The last facebook update is even older

Are the devs still working on the game, or are they working on something new? If so, what?

ReZpawner

You didn't hear this from me, but Ty (that's what we really really close friends call him) is working on version 1.0 of Rimworld, which will have a number of changes:
Firstly, to appeal to a wider audience, weapons have been removed. A lot of parents complained about the violence in the game, so something had to be done about that.
Secondly, the graphics of the game just aren't bright and cheerful enough as it is, so he's currently working with the makers of My Little Pony and Nyan-Cat in order to brighten things up a little.
Lastly, drugs obviously had to go - this was just a reference to the drugs Ty started doing when he realised that he got a SHITTON of cash to make the game (I mean what did you expect that he would use that money for? He was the only employee at one point).

You should probably know that since Ty is now a millionaire, he will no longer talk to scum (ordinary people) so don't expect to hear from him.
Also, he now refers to himself only in third person, and wears a pink tutu around the office. He's really reinventing himself.

Jaxxa

1.0 is being worked on, I dont know about those specific changes though :P

https://rimworlddevtracker.com/

Dashthechinchilla

As long as Rimworld's 1.0 release is better than Jalopy's. Not that Tynan has ever given me reason to doubt, I am just salty about Jalopy.

Call me Arty

Quote from: ReZpawner on April 15, 2018, 10:51:07 AM
You should probably know that since Ty is now a millionaire, he will no longer talk to scum (ordinary people) so don't expect to hear from him.
Also, he now refers to himself only in third person, and wears a pink tutu around the office. He's really reinventing himself.

Well, I mean, yeah. He stated that he sold one million copies of the game. At $30 a copy, he's made a total of exactly $30 million dollars, which means he could have funded about one third of Sea Biscuit (a movie which has a horse, unlike Rimworld, which has neither horses nor movies).
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Tynan

You didn't hear this from me, but Ty (that's what we really really close friends call him) is working on version 1.0 of Rimworld, which will have a number of changes:
Firstly, to appeal to a wider audience, weapons have been removed. A lot of parents complained about the violence in the game, so something had to be done about that.
Secondly, the graphics of the game just aren't bright and cheerful enough as it is, so he's currently working with the makers of My Little Pony and Nyan-Cat in order to brighten things up a little.
Lastly, drugs obviously had to go - this was just a reference to the drugs Ty started doing when he realised that he got a SHITTON of cash to make the game (I mean what did you expect that he would use that money for? He was the only employee at one point).

How did you learn all this??  Who is spying for you? Tynan is becoming very unhappy.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Listen1

Considering the new wave of laws in Canada... quite possible.