Round robin game (succession game)

Started by minimurgle, March 31, 2017, 08:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minimurgle

We will very soon be launching a modded round robin to accompany the vanilla one
https://discord.gg/ukqPr9x
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.

Greep

Apparently unfazed is a lazy bum, so here's my reportings on his turn:

Season 2

<Charred remains of the tattered, smoldering journal entries left by "Greg" leave only clues of early fall.  GraniteCosmos survives a plague and valiantly fights against a raid but is caught and sold into slavery.  There's scattered mentioning of beaver hordes, milk raining from the sky, and raiders punching ibexes.  I can only assume the colonists were being driven mad with grief at Granite's loss.  Hereafter the journal becomes fully clear...>

Day 10

"THOSE RAIDERS WILL PAY FOR WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO GRANITE", Rimkel screamed holding a butcher knife.  Slowly, meticulously, he carved the meat and skin from the bones of the frozen corpses.  The colony eats the half frozen human flesh on the floor, apparently they shared the sentiment.

Hat factory would have a "special" brand of hat today.

Lucero continues attempts at taming the bear to raise an army of bears.  Unfortunately...  she brought along some of that human meat to tame it with.  And the bear... was still hungry.  FOR MANFLESH.

Lucero tries to run, but just isn't fast enough.  The bear rips its teeth into her legs, leaving lucero passed out and at it's mercy.

Greg and Rimkus rush out the save her, but the bear is too strong, and a stray bullet pisses off a local timber wolf!

Rimkus is down!  Emmo has bled out!  TO THE TURRET!

Whew!  The bear bleeds out, leaving only the wolf

We hide where we can until the wolf wanders off and sleeps.  Justice is administered swiftly.

Or not...

Greg snaps unfazed out of it.  And his spine.  Greg tries patching Unfazed's sorry ass ass but his heart just isn't in it.  Unfazed passes away, leaving greg all alone.

Day 11.

Greg the minstrel counts the things he CAN do with two hands and fails.  He doesn't know how to cook, and hauling.. oooh, he's got... a bad back.. or something... he had a doctor's note here somewhere but can't quite find it... 

There's a little food left, but with no alternatives left to get food for himself, he realizes there's only raw corpses to eat in the freezer, unbutchered, uncooked, just sinking his teeth into the flesh.

At times like this... there's only one thing you can do.  Play Chess!

Day 12.

The hours pass.  Greg can't quite figure out WHY he keeps losing to himself.  He knew he shouldnt't lead with his queen in the opening but just couldn't help himself..

Day 13.

THERE's hope!

YOU BET!

ummm.. SHIT! molotovs!

The flames surge in the fort.  We try to beat out the flames and hope they go away, but the raider just keeps burning down the fort.  Greg valiantly take on the raiders and pushes them back.  The cat scratches out the eyes of a raider, bores into its head, and rips out it's brain.  Fucking Metal.

Previous raiders contact us saying they still have granite and are willing to give him back for only 250 silver!  We beg and plead, saying we have the money, but they apparently only want delivery and not carryout.

Day 14.

Greg relates to the new guy how all this is basically just an average day at the hat factory, and Kouhei just snaps.

<The journal ends here>

Day 15

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31588.0
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Spdskatr

1st: Rise and shine! We need to get this power issue sorted. As soon as we finish our bedrooms. I'm in charge of the hospital.

Oh look, some pigs! I'll gladly take some. Just don't get the floor dirty.

2nd: Hey, look. It's those tribals. I thought they hated us. I guess they're not that aggressive...

He only has a pila to sell. Pass...

An escape pod crashed right down on our base. Now... strip their clothes first, then talk. Maybe I can use it as leverage.

Some pemmican crashed down as well. Maybe from the same ship?

And here we go again. A fresh ship chunk. We've got the whole lot, haven't we?

3rd: Kord, the woman we rescued, has joined our cause. A wise choice. Now let's get you dressed back.

*cutscene*
(whisper) Hey! Allessia! Over here! I have an idea for you. It seems that some of the colony have started to get a bit grumpy. I want you to hunt that little rat over there while I build a sarcophagus. Don't tell anyone...

Allessia: Here it is!
Ok. Hey everyone! I found a poor rat over here. He seems to have been bitten by some wolf. We need to give this rat a safe burial!

Cubith: Why bury a rat? And are those bullet holes? Spd, don't tell me you're lying.

Bah! My plan failed! At least Allessia and Greg are happy. They're planning on getting married.

*end cutscene*
At last, the bedrooms are finished. Now let's focus on the perimeter.

So, I had a chat with this Kord person. Turns out she's experienced with skilled labor. Let's see what you can do, Kord!

4th: Let's get our 5th bedroom up. We'll leave the rest of the space as an outdoor area.

This wind turbine is a disgrace. Let's clear out this area before we do anything.

Success! Greg got the 5th room built. Go rest Greg, you deserve it. This day has been rather peaceful actually. Hope I don't jinx it though...

5th: Oh! It's you, Charlon! What took you so long? So where is this ship hidden?

Oh... Ok, I might pass on that one.

Back to business. We need to get this wind turbine up and running.

Cubith, go and get some more steel from the vein over there.

Cubith: How much do we need?
I don't know how much we need, get as much as you can.
Allessia: Raid! Raid! Quickly, get into position!

Yup... I jinxed it. Oh well...
Greg: Oh my lord, he's got a heavy SMG! This is serious everyone, not like the last. I feel exposed.
Relax, Greg, you're behind a wall.

See? He's down. That wasn't so hard.

Greg: Easy for you to say.
Kord, you take the Heavy SMG, and put him in bed. We're gonna interrogate this guy.
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

XeoNovaDan

Part 1/2 of my first turn on the RimWorld Round Robin

The Bad + Good News
Between Spdskatr's turn and my turn, The Hat Factory 2.0 unfortunately perished (123nick's footage) due to mechanoids gone wrong - but fear not, for I shall resurrect The Hat Factory in its 3rd incarnation!

Most images (all with more than 540-pixel height) shall be shrunk so that they don't take up large portions of the page, but you can click on shrunk images to expand them.

Generating The World
Seed: rimworldsquarerobin
Size: 30% (default)
Map Size: 250x250 (default)

I randomly selected a tile (as is RRR convention), and this is where the third iteration of The Hat Factory shall be located! This is going to be an interesting run...

So there's no growing period (or at least not long enough to sustain crop growth without a homoeostasis environment), very little rainfall, temperatures are pretty much on par with that of an ice sheet, we're talking flat terrain, and we're working with sandstone and marble as our natural rock types. Let's meet the three randomly generated pawns upon clicking 'Next'!

Meeting the Hats Pawns!
As we've now got our world and the tile that we shall be working with under my season-long reign, it's time to see our glorious bunch of fantastic people that RNGesus cooked up for us! Let's go!

Quote from: rimworldgame.comA motley crew
In RimWorld, your colonists are not professional settlers

As you can see, we've been gifted a terrible fantastic trio of people - and it's hard to get much more motley than this - considering that we have an ex-married couple, and a pretty, young girl thrown into the mix, I think this is going to be interesting from a social standpoint.

We have Lilith the pretty baroness who isn't very capable at combat, but she sure can do social stuff (this synergises well with Pretty), she's passionate (but pretty terrible) about cooking, and interested in artistic stuff. She also has no injuries which is always a good thing. She's biologically a peachy 17 years old, and chronologically 108 years old.

Second in line is Malone the pessimistic sheriff who also happens to be a pyromaniac (double the !!FUN!! TIME). As is standard of a sheriff, she's near enough damn useless apart from being decent at combat, and will probably end up godlike at research because of how damn long she'll be doing it. She'd probably end up being an instant organ harvest and 'hat-ifying' in most peoples' books, but she's going to be my RimWorldian counterpart for the purpose of this third take on RRR! She's biologically 48 years old, and chronologically weighs in at a hefty 553 years old.

And last but not least, we have Dichter the cadet who grew up to become the leader of a pretty badass rimworld-delving fleet of ships. He too is decent at combat, he's got a thing for drugs, he's neurotic, and he also gets euphoric over the sight of death and getting his hands bloody. He certainly comes across as the most colourful character of the three! Although biologically 28 years old, he weighs in at a staggering 2,636 years of age chronologically.

Malone and Dichter must've gone through a messy divorce if Dichter went as far as to bite Malone on the leg - for her to retaliate with stabbing Dichter in the torso... oh well, so's life.  :o

Day 1 - Touchdown! (2nd of Summer, 5500)
Circa 5410 - Code Delta 30... evacuating Voyager XXVIII, we hope you have a safe trip and eventually land in some sort of hospitable environment...

5500 - Earth-like planet detected... Entering atmosphere... Initiating touchdown sequence... Initiating de-cryptostasis... 5000 feet above surface... 2500... 1000... 500... 250... 100... 50... 25... *THUD!!!*

6 AM - Landing successful, we wish you the best of luck on your survival... initiating pod-opening sequence... welcome to your new home.

Group picture of our beautiful pawns and Dixie the Red Fox (unusual pet), who is bonded with Lilith. Along with that, the work priorities that I've set for each starting pawn... you know times are fun when you've only got one person capable of firefighting with a pyro on the loose, that same person is the only one that can do dumb labour, and your only miner is level 0. Feels strange seeing the red cross on medicines after having put plenty of time into A17, and the somewhat brighter work tab.

These are the initial plans of the temporary shelter. Considering how bad our constructors are, I'd be surprised if we get all of this done as well as beds - but hopefully Dichter will be up for the challenge, with possible failing contributions from Lilith. As this area has the potential to plummet beyond -45°C (-49°F) - or even -65°C (-85°F) if there's a cold snap - heating's going to be pretty damn important for survival through the harsh winters to come. As you can see, the large room in the centre is going to be more or less a general purpose room for everything bar storage - until we get the manpower and resources to expand and start building dedicated workshops, dining halls, and proper bedrooms. I hope that whoever succeeds this will go for bigger than 3x3 bedrooms in the long run - I personally prefer 4x4 because you can still get impressive out of them - but 3x3 will suffice for now.

4 PM - We have a basic building, some power generation provided by a single wind turbine, ample (for now) heating provided by 2 heaters, and a table to eat at! We've also unfortunately trapped a Birch Tree, but I'll leave Dichter to brutally murder it sooner or later... I'm just being your average lazy-ass sheriff idling near the awful quality table, while I recently hurled an insult at my ex-husband Dichter too. Oh, and we also have a roofed stockpile area so Dichter can do all of the hauling work as me and Lilith are too lazy for that crap.

10 PM - Thanks to Dichter (and sometimes Lilith) did such an amazing job of building the initial room, we all get to sleep in beds for the first night, woo-hoo! Lilith finally gets some time by herself as she can take a break from the incessant rabbling between myself and Dichter, as she consumes her MRE in the still silence, in the warmth... which poor Dixie doesn't get to enjoy because I forgot to designate an animal sleeping spot... oops. Additionally, Dichter had to lug some of the stuff under the roof so that it doesn't eventually decay from environmental conditions.

The tension is so high that myself and Dichter are facing away from eachother... oh, and I also just blew off in his direction, take that Dichter! Sorry Lilith if you can smell it a little... my last MRE didn't taste too good.

Also, here are some near-future plans on what we plan to do: Stonecutting so that we can reclaim some steel to use in other applications, and a solar panel to supplement the already plentiful wind power.

Day 2 - Back To The Stone Age (3rd of Summer, 5500)

5 AM - It's the second beautiful summer's day in this soon-to-be-frozen hell, I'm the first person to awake from a deep slumber on my shoddy quality bed - Lilith also has a shoddy bed, and Dichter thankfully has an awful bed to reflect what an awful person he is - and I dreamt of 'accidentally' doing to Dichter what Dwarven communities tend to do to their newly-appointed monarchs and other useless nobles.

5 PM - 12 hours later, we finally gathered up enough steel to construct the stonecutting shack - and Dichter the neanderthal is already on the case of stonecutting because that's all he's useful for in my eyes. Lil' Lilith is casually chipping away at some strange ruins fused into the hill in the hope of obtaining some usable steel, and she appears to be doing a remarkably good job at that despite her hardly ever swinging a pickaxe before in her life. It appears that Dichter has done some strange editing to the following image because between when I woke up and when the stonecutting shack was erected; I found the poor, innocent birch tree dead - brutally murdered by the likes of Dichter (as he's the only person who's evil enough to do such hideous things to plants).

10 PM - It's the end of yet another tiresome day, and we've been quite productive on the stonecutting front - and slightly less productive in other areas as stonecutting was the primary focus of this day. Dichter's managed to cut out 120 stone blocks in the space of 5 hours, and we've also finally marked an area for Lil's Dixie to sleep, so she no longer has to endure the (currently not-so) cold conditions outside... only downside is that she's now in the monster's presence at night time. Lilith seems to pretty much be the one holding everybody together with her good looks and upbeat personality - Dichter more than likes her as he even (vainly) flirted with her... oh well, negative moodlet for him.

Day 3 - The Romantic Drama Unfolds! (4th of Summer, 5500)

11 AM - Yet another pleasant day in the RimWorldian tundras, Dichter's continuing to make moves on Lilith - while she's having a deep conversation with him... I think they have a mutual liking, but Lilith's currently too shy to admit it... good luck to Lilith if she actually gets involved with him on that level, and he'll probably end up screwing her over like he... did to... *cough* me. It's Lilith's turn to do stonecutting, and Dichter's just tearing down a nearby ancient wall to get sandstone that way.

2 PM - Dichter's starting work on the walls for the bedroom block. His failed attempts at romance are getting to him as he teeters on the Major Break threshold, and he somehow ate without a table even though it's only a few steps away... lazy bum. Glad to know that I'm hurting his feelings too... he... deserves it.

9 PM - Lilith's decided to offer Dichter a helping hand with getting the bedroom block going and... what's this? Dichter and Lilith have come together and are now lovers?! No!!! Meanwhile, I'm just a lonely middle-aged sheriff who just lurks around where I usually lurk.

10 PM - Between now and then, Dichter hastily de-constructed his bed to make way for a crappily-built (still awful) double bed... I'm sorry, but the thought of Dichter having a happy life really disturbs me. In terms of progress, a considerable amount of work was done on the bedroom block, but we're not quite finished yet... I can't wait for the day I can finally stop sharing a room with that abomination known as 'Dichter'.

Day 4 - Half A Paste (5th of Summer, 5500)

6 AM - Lilith had a dream... a dream where this colony shall be known as 'The Mad Hatting Factory 3.0', and this particular settlement shall be known as 'Diclilith's Kingdom' - paying homage to Dichter's and Lilith's newfound love story, and how Lilith was a high-ranking member of society on her home planet. She decided on this civilisation's name in her dreams... and she shall burst out of bed in her underclothing to hastily make the announcement - her pigtails flailing wildly... all while I continue leeching on the colony's limited food reserves.

10 PM - Considering this was the first day under our 'civilisation's new name, today was pretty uneventful. Dichter put together a nutrient paste dispenser, more progress was made on the bedroom block, and we are on our last day's worth of packaged survival meals... we better move on getting some food stocks if we're to last much longer!

"Why nutrient paste?" you might ask. Well, first of all: we have very little manpower so we need to be all hands on deck at this point - and second: our best cook is too tied-up with other stuff, which leaves Lilith who may be passionate about cooking, but she's not very good and will probably end up poisoning everybody. Nutrient paste is instant, and only involves a bit of hauling... ugh...

Day 5 - Earning Our Keep (6th of Summer, 5500)

2 AM - The first time Lilith and Dichter are going at it. How Dixie and myself slept through it is science that only Tynan and his crew know of... Just to further add insult to injury, Dichter insulted me that day. How dare he!

4 AM - The first time that temperatures drop below 0°C (32°F) since the initial crash landing. Today's objective shall be to build some hoppers so that food can be put into the nutrient paste dispenser and come out as horrible, slimy, green goo for us all to reluctantly eat - but it's saving our lives, and it's hard to argue against 6 raw food items for a fine meal's worth of nutrition with absolutely no risk of food poisoning - and partition the storage area in two rooms: one for general storage, and the other to serve as a freezer for the nutrient paste ingredients.

4 PM - Nutrient paste dispenser is ready to go along with a shiny new butcher table... but meals aren't exactly going to synthesise into paste. Looks like I'm going to be fetching some ingredients to put in the dispenser; let's see what mother nature has in store... Oh, and me and Dichter aren't insulting eachother for once, so I guess that's an OK thing... I guess...

We also started sowing crops today, but I forgot to screenshot that... my bad.

6 PM - DIE CARIBOU DIE!!! WE NEED MEAT TO EAT... WE SHOOT CARIBOU, WE EAT CARIBOU, WE LIVE, WE KILL MORE CARIBOU!!!

OK, I maybe got slightly carried away there while taking well-aimed shots at a helpless reindeer who turned a blind eye to the bullets entering his body. Yes, I've made myself useful for the first time in several days - since we've landed. We also only have one meal left, not including the meals we've pocketed - so we've secured a food supply just in the nick of time.

10 PM - An abandoned child who likes to go by the nickname 'M' is requesting our help because some horny rats are chasing him? As much as we'd have loved to greet him and his pursuer(s) with open arms, real me was dumb and accidentally pressed the escape key... Sorry 'M' :(

Day 6 - Uneventful No. 2 (7th of Summer, 5500)

2 PM - Lilith is the first person to eat a Nutrient Paste Meal in The Mad Hatting Factory 3.0, while talking to me. Lady Lilith, as excited as you are to be eating such a disgusting blob of slime, talking while eating is incredibly bad manners, and I'm so terribly disappointed by the fact you'd commit such high treason, mi' lady! You shall be punished by eating nutrient paste meals until we get a decent cook and plenty of people... oh wait, we all are... well, point remains!

Oh fine, I'll let you off, Lil', because you actually had to butcher that poor, innocent reindeer, staring at you with its eyes... and we're almost done with the storage area building.

10 PM - I'm back from my second hunt, proving my sliver of use to the progression of this fine factory. I shall also tell you how I'm currently feeling (via the following screenshot) so you can all feel sympathy for me as I had to actually do work! Isn't that simply outrageous?! We've also finished up the storage buildings, so we're now slightly more thief-proof.

Day 7 - The Charge Of The Caribou Brigade! (8th of Summer, 5500)

7 AM - Dichter has built the first tailoring bench of The Mat Hatting Factory 3.0! On a less relevant note, Dixie's just hiding from Dichter exiting the storage room as I walk towards the paste dispenser... I don't quite get what's going on between Lilith and Dixie, I mean Dixie hasn't exactly been *cough* useful around here!

4 PM - While shooting and all is fun, I shall tell you what's even more fun: en masse caribou revenge. I was just making my usual contributions, shooting at a herd of innocent caribous harmlessly grazing away on the barren tundra... and then one turns around and gives me an evil look. As that one gives me a look, the others suddenly look up, and also give me the same look - and then they start brushing their front hooves against the ground... the expression on my face drops, I feel shivers of fear running down my spine like electricity, and I immediately start bee-lining for the cabin with the herd of enraged caribous in pursuit - slowly closing the gap. Immediately, everybody (including Dixie) make way for the bedroom block, and I eventually make it back to the cabin, bolt through the doorway to the bedroom block, and slam it behind me as I hear several angry caribous bashing the flimsy wooden door in, and the loud crashing sound confirms that the strength of the wooden doors were insufficient - and gave way to flying hooves and antlers.

6 PM - This is pretty much how everybody spent their evening and night - while one of the caribou continued to bleed out, and died at some point between now and the next day (I didn't see it actually die, just noticed the carcass). Also a good job that we moved the beds into the separate bedrooms between this morning and the herd mentality that occurred.

Next part is on the following post because of the 20,000 character limit.

XeoNovaDan

Part 2/2 of my first turn on the RimWorld Round Robin

Day 8 - It's Raining, it's Pouring! (9th of Summer, 5500)

4 AM - What's this? The first rain we've ever had in this dry, barren wasteland?! No, I'm not talking about rain of the precipitous variety; I'm talking cargo pods! Not just useless cargo pods either, we're talking stacks of Megatherium (I simply refuse to call them that other name) Wool falling from the heavens! Well, looks like we have some decent hat material which also isn't too far from the base, and is excellent against the cold. On a side-note, all of the caribou have calmed down so it'll be safe for everybody to come out from hiding come 6 AM - and with good timing too as starvation is starting to set in because everybody missed dinner.

3 PM - We finally have the solar panel set up, and we've also double-doored the entrance to increase the security of it. This is I believe the first time that the shack has been left completely empty as everybody's doing something: I'm hunting, and Lilith and Dichter are doing Lilith and Dichter things. The only organism left to look after the base during this brief time period is Dixie the daring fox. Socially, everything appears to have settled down, and we're all getting on OK... things are calm... too calm. I have a feeling that this is an immense 'calm before the storm' moment.

9 PM - We have our first eclipse - and coincidentally not very long after the solar panel has been built either. I've finally found time to be the lazy bum that I am again too, so I'm happy on that front.

Day 9 - Light In The Darkness (10th of Summer, 5500)

8 AM - Dichter's out foraging for any extra berries to add to the food stockpile, he tries the two bushes sitting pretty next to the stonecutting shack... no luck there because he's so DAMN TERRIBLE at growing - although he's plant cutting and not growing. I still think that Plant Cutting's relevant skill should show as 'Growing' because 'Growing' affects the speed and harvest success chance for yielding plants other than trees - but that's a completely different matter.

4 PM - We now have a standing lamp in the main room; while it's still pitch black outdoors because the damn moon won't move - I'll be soaking up light rays from the lamp, and I will be for a considerable amount of my time as I'm such a lazy bum, as I've said many a time before. Oh, and we also have a sculptor's table for Lilith to hopefully eventually use, when we get a surplus of materials or start cutting enough marble.

Immediately after showcasing the glorious new lamp in the main room, Krystian 'Cleros' Terepka has stumbled across Diclilith's Kingdom and has decided to support our cause to make only the finest hats, and boy does he have potential! Unfortunately, he's a careful shooter so he's a much better shot than me... this is not fair, just shut up and take my rifle! He can also do dumb labour, firefight, he's terrible at crafting but he's passionate so he's got shining potential to become the best of the best, and he's good at research and also interested. Cleros, you're hired!

Oh, and also the work priority setup following Cleros' arrival... he's definitely not going to fit in with this bunch of misfits.

6 PM - Group photo 2.0! We're so going to die because I'm now wielding a paltry pistol as opposed to a stalwart survival rifle, buuut we're going to have to make do for now. Dichter rightly doesn't deserve a weapon - but in reality, we're definitely going to need a short bow for Dichter so that he can still participate in ranged combat. Looks like Dichter will be making his own bow.

Day 10 - Let's Get Hattin'! (11th of Summer, 5500)

3 AM - Cleros is already up and about, Dichter's got his short bow in the works so that he can shoot stuff again (any ranged weapon is better than none... to an extent) - and we already have a Poor quality hat, that's excellent stuff from a level 1 crafter! It has to be because it's Megatherium Wool surely... even though material type bears zero relevance to the outcome of a manufactured item. Two hours later, and he throws out an Awful quality cowboy hat, which is sadly to be expected, but he'll get better.

6 AM - Me and Lilith are lookin' fiiinee with our hella' stylish hats on, yee-haw! Props to Cleros for his amazing work, and he shall gradually get even better! He's already working on his next masterpiece, bless him.

Lilith already looked great without a hat, but now it's hard to take eyes off her with that hat on - she's so damn pretty, future prisoners will have a hard time resisting her alluring style and great personality!

2 PM - Me and Cleros exchanging pleasantries as I shot a caribou to death with the pistol (still feels weird handling it), while he grandiosely struts out with his newfound rifle... *sigh* if only I could shoot like him.

5 PM - Our first solar flare, so it looks like we're eating raw food for a while! Dixie's already on the case of nibbling at some caribou meat which Lilith (not-so) skillfully butchered, and Cleros is still working hard on grinding those hats out - he's pretty industrious for somebody who isn't industrious!

6 PM - Our second lot of cargo pods and this time it's 159 ears 'o' corn! I know there's a solar flare and all, but I don't think several dead caribou and some caribou meat's going to go off in the space of around 12 hours - especially when Winter hits. Randy, you're spoiling us.

7 PM - Just myself and Cleros contributing to the piling-up of our carcass storage. The harvest's also starting to reap in, and Dichter's find out what it's like to eat glorious raw food. Yum!

8 PM - Just a shot of Lilith solemnly harvesting the rice plants in the lonely patch of rich soil. Nobody's in her company, it's just her and the plants... Oh, and you can also see the beautiful sight of dead caribou - all acting as 'compact meat storage' as they have yet to be butchered. All in all, today's been considerably eventful, since Cleros joined!

Oh, and Dichter... is now donning a hat too.

Day 10 - A Sibling's Never Too Far Behind (12th of Summer, 5500)

7 AM - Is it a bird, is it a plane? Nope, it's a refugee escape pod that's just crashed down - yes, just like we did! Lilith goes out to investigate while Cleros works on a Megatherium Wool duster, and it turns out that this refugee is actually Cleros' little brother - who'd know?! He's iron-willed, kind, has some potential in shooting, research, and he can do general heavylifting work. He's hired!

Besides, it'd be harsh to leave him out in 0°C (32°F) conditions.

11 AM - Whorton has been carefully patched up by Lilith's gentle hands, and they're both of similar age; I wonder if Dichter could be up for some competition in the future as the age gap between Whorton and Lilith is closer than that between Dichter and Lilith. 33% recruitment difficulty - alright Randy, now you're simply getting cocky, but that's fine because you're giving me one free person!

I've also been making myself useful by working on researching the complex science behind autodoors... I haven't quite got my finger on it, but I think I'm onto something! Meanwhile, Cleros is working on a duster.

2 PM - Nothing much to see here: just a sheriff being useful, Cleros being helpful with some stone blocks, Dixie walking in, and a general overview of the main building of the base. Oh yeah, do you like my duster by the way? I'm also the wearer of the original cowboy hat - so if I ever die or I replace my hat, be sure to put my hat somewhere really safe so it can be remembered as the first hat produced by The Mad Hatting Factory 3.0!

9 PM - Wait a second: 'New Recruit', 'Colonist needs rescue'?! This could only mean one thing: We've recruited Whorton! Excellent job Lilith! Also, you may have noticed by looking to the far-right of the screenshot that we've started replacing steel walls with sandstone.

Day 11 - An Entertaining Project (13th of Summer, 5500)

1 PM - Instead of having a ravenous horde of alpha-Biebers start decimating every acre of tree on the map, Randy's decided to gift us with beaverskin from the heavens above! Also, Dichter's working on getting rid of the 'Need joy source' message, so he's currently having fun working on a day-long project that is a sandstone chess table!

10 PM - One entire working day later, Dichter's finally finished with building a chess table + all 32 chess pieces... but is it of any good quality considering Dichter's low construction skill and track record? The answer, surprisingly, is a resounding "YES!!!!!": an entire day's worth of building nearly non-stop has yielded a superior quality chess table, excellent job Dichter... although I'm still salty about that... divorce.

Whorton's helping with the autodoors, Cleros is making Bieber into a shirt, and Lilith is showing off her skills with a good ol' fashioned game of backwards-horseshoes - just try not to hit Dichter! (as much as I'd like her to) Also, Dixie got in a bit of a rough and tumble with a snowhare, but she's OK.

Day 12 - Upgrading (14th of Summer, 5500)

5 AM - Following Lilith's footsteps, Dichter's having a good old game of backwards horsehoes. Whorton's still endeavouring for that breakthrough to building automatically-opening doors, and Lilith's tucking into a delicious paste meal.

11 AM - The southern wall of the main room has been upgraded to Sandstone, and what's this Randy; a 'Zzzt', after the wall's been upgraded and after Lilith has finished eating?! Joke's kinda on you, Mr. Random... maybe you'll actually take somebody out next time, rather than deal trivial damage to furniture.

8 PM - This time, Cleros is the idle one as opposed to myself, as I'm busy being a jerk and hogging the research bench. Sorry Cleros! Whorton' recuperating and also wearing the Bieberskin shirt that his older brother made; nothing but brotherly love, eh?

Day 13 - Frost 'n' Fire (15th of Summer, 5500)

4 AM - Temperatures plummet to -8°C (17.6°F) - dangerously close to the -10°C (14°F) threshold of crops starting to spontaneously die. Looks like it's time to designate any remaining rice to be harvested if possible!

And immediately after screenshotting that, we've researched autodoors! Atta-boy Whorton. Onto Microelectronics next.

8 AM - Sweet Randy above, we have a raid! It's terrifying... they're going to wipe us all out... they'll never take us alive - oh wait, it's that one-drifter raid with a shoddy wooden club at 25% HP... Threat Level: 0.1

Disgracefully sub-par stats: Check - Disgusting Traits: Check - She'd make a splendid hat, but I want to consolidate mood, and she's only eighteen years old. She's so bad that she's worthy of a recruitment in my books... if she lives.

11 AM - Dichter and Whorton up to deal with Sally, and she survives the fall to the ground! Dichter (shoddy bow) got a few hits while tanking, while Whorton (awful bow) was taking shots. Well, capture time!

And in response at sensing how bad this raider was stat-wise, and the fact we're going to attempt to recruit her, and the fact that SHE gets priority over me bed-wise and I therefore have to sleep on the GROUND in the main room; I decided to let my inner-pyromaniac show its face and go on a fire starting spree! If we're recruiting people as bad as Sally and drawing our graves, I might as well attempt to catalyse the process!

3 PM - After 4 hours of Dichter babysitting me, I decided to come to my senses - being in that man's presence makes me uncomfortable and edgy - and Cleros is busy patching up Sally. With her attitude and demeanour, she may be a minor challenge to recruit, but nothing too difficult. I don't expect that she'll be in the room for too long.

9 PM - While we're all generally pretty happy, Sally doesn't seem to be coping too well mood-wise... oh well, her smart-ass will have to deal with it - and if she suddenly throws a tantrum, I'm sure a couple of people other than me will help with 'restraining' her.

Day 14 - Preparing for Winter (1st of Autumn, 5500)

1 AM - Temperatures have dropped to -11°C (12.2°F), and the crops are definitely feeling it. This is the start of the last day under my control... I'm handing control over once the mouse-over text on the year/seasons section of the UI says that 15 days have passed.

And at the same time, this is just a shot of the last morning I'll be in control of this colony - for a long time as opposed to ever if things go well in the hands of the other players. While it's freezing outside; it's still a nice, cosy 20°C (68°F) indoors - apart from the western-most bedrooms as there's no warm air ventilating into them.

11 AM - The brothers are cutting marble together, it's a much chillier -6°C (21.2°F) outside - as opposed to the 0°C (32°F) only yesterday.

5 PM - A second heater has been built in the bedroom block to hopefully last through winter, and we've also now got vents so we no longer have to sleep in near-freezing conditions; we can sleep in considerably warmer 15/16°C (59/60.8°F) conditions instead and be somewhat content. Another strip of steel walls are being replaced by sandstone as well. Lilith's having one more chat with Sally, trying our luck...

Day 15 - A New Era

3 AM - The last time I'll be able to lay eyes on my entire colony under my rule - Hopefully Cicero (drawer of Flanders), Jaxxa (the dude behind Enhanced Development), and Granitecosmos (we've come full circle by then!) continue to lead this colony into a strong, bright future and a new era shall begin! Sally's recuperating, Dixie's sharing a room with Sally, and Lilith and Dichter are making hard lovin'. Stay strong...

6 AM - 15 days have now passed, and it's official changeover time. I hope you've enjoyed reading this, and you may be interested in participating in this RRR or the next RRR for A17 - which is imminent, and possibly very soon considering we haven't had a new unstable build today. Whether this base continues through to that time is probably unlikely, but I enjoyed documenting and writing this up, and again: I hope this was an entertaining read for this... it better be, or I shall set you on fire... muahahaha... We'll leave things off with a shot of the base (as well as the designations I've set), wealth progression, and work priorities. Meanwhile, Cleros the hat-maker is just enjoying a meal on his own...

Images Used Across Both Posts: 71
Hats Produced (this quarter): 4
Hats Produced (total): 4

Farewell everybody! For now...

Perq

Think you want to step down a little with the difficulty. :V With player styles varying so much, there is little possibility you will ever reach turn 3. Having it mixed is difficulty on its own. :S
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

XeoNovaDan

As it stands, we're playing on Rough Difficulty, A16 for RRR. You're right though, there are people of varying skill levels - I for one am typically an Intense/Extreme player, so Rough's a relative breeze for me.

I'm confident that GraniteCosmos will do good, and I can't imagine Jaxxa would do too badly either - I don't know how good Cicero is though.

Granitecosmos

Since Cicero is dead and Jaxxa skipped his turn, it's my job to carry the colony through Fall.

All right, I'm taking over. I'll have to choose a colonist to be my avatar... Obviously the most useless shall be my chosen one! Too bad Xeo already took her. Oh well, the second most useless will have to do. Dichter shall be renamed!

Okay, let's see what we have here.

Xeo is utter trash, no meaningful skill levels or passion outside of combat. At least she can defend the colony well. Pyro is gonna be annoying but with this amount of pawns shouldn't be too hard to manage. Pessimist sucks though. Like all sheriffs, she can't haul.

Yours truly isn't much better to be honest. Mediocre construction skill which is, actually, the best in this shithole. He'll be the guy to deal with any berserk colonist; even if he kills them at least he gets a mood boost for it. Chem interest isn't that terrible. Neurotic should prove worthwhile considering most of our things will be made out of stone. He'll be the butcher too, considering he has the highest cooking skill.

Lilith is gonna be our sculptor and warden. No other notable skills. No hauling either. Oh and she sucks at combat. Might have to let her hunt a bit to get 1-2 points in shooting, not that it helps much with trigger-happy's nonexistent accuracy.

Cleros is an incredible shot, like all careful shooters out there. Burning passion for crafting, that's more like it! Also passion and high levels in research. He'll probably just cut stones for now. He has 4 in medicine which makes him (and his brother) the best doctor around. Let's hope we won't have to deal with any serious wounds...

Whorton is our second best constructor and the other doctor around. He also has high social so Lilith won't have to do all the wardening alone if we get a lot of prisoners. He also has a mediocre research skill, as well as burning passion for shooting but otherwise a low skill in it. He'll need to hunt some so he gets better.

Sally is our current prisoner. She has no passion whatsoever but is too smart... Which raises her meaningless 33% experience gain to a pitiful ~59%. At least she can haul. Oh, she also has the chem fascination trait... Oh well, she can boost herself with some coke, it's not gonna be a big deal when she expires anyway.

Now, let's look at the base. Seems like we have plenty of medicine, stone and food. For whatever reason Xeo decided we should waste the megatherium (megasloth is heresy, Tynan pls) wool on cowboy hats instead of actually useful tuques. Luckily I have enough wool to make one tuque. The low crafting skill won't matter; a bug in A16 prevents cold insulation from being affected by quality anyway.

It also seems like Xeo didn't inspect the surrounding land. I've located 600+ steel scattered throughout the area, waiting to be picked up. There also is a dead squirrel half-eaten, probably Dixie's work, as well as no other predators on the map whatsoever.

Let's play "Spot The Problem"!

I'll give you a few seconds to spot the three main problems on the picture above.

Are you ready?

First one is the designated wall interfering with the windmill.
Second one is no extra space in the designated walled-off growing area for heaters.
Third one is power generation not being protected by an outer wall.

First isn't a real problem yet. Second can wait. Third, on the other hand, shall be taken care of as soon as possible. I'll probably have to relocate the generators entirely.

I'll be honest, I don't like the layout of the base. However, I don't really have the manpower or the materials to just quickly rebuild it. It'll have to do for now, although I might change bedroom sizes and the corridor's width.

The base is located a bit lower than the center of the map. It would be best to expand north but the main entrance is there too. I'll figure out something eventually.

Overall mood is pretty good. Except for Xeo's. Oh well, sheriff treatment! Sally's recruitment difficulty is 88% so I don't have to be very hasty with the extra bedrooms. Whorton will sleep in the diner/workshop since he's tough enough to handle it. Xeo's just too much of a weenie.

I'll have to pull paste for Dixie from now on. Although she can hunt hares herself, I can get a lot more out of those hares by hunting them myself and making paste. Although Dixie can only hold 0.55 nutrition, a paste only costs 6 meat (which would be 0.3 nutrition if eaten raw) which means it's still a lot better than her eating raw corpses or meat.

Whorton will be assigned to night shifts. This will hopefully mean easier hunting for him, as well as getting better mileage of the two high science skill pawns. Cleros will be working at day, Whorton at night. Xeo can help out with research when Cleros is crafting. Which will be all the time, at least for now.

Dichter Granite will be doing the butchering from now on. Although Lilith has burning passion for cooking, Granite has 4 points in it and is very close to reaching the 5th. This beginning stage of the game is the most food-intensive so forgive me for choosing the short-term boost over the long-term investment. Butchering doesn't give too much experience anyway.

Lilith will be sent out to hunt. She has no points in shooting whatsoever so it's rather important to train her. Melee without a personal shield is mostly suicide unless you know what you're doing.

I've modified the work priorities to match my personal standards. Research only when there's nothing else to do; we have plenty of other jobs waiting to be done anyway. I'll do the hunting manually, like always.

There, night shift for Whorton and some forced joy to keep everyone at +10 mood. Remember, if their joy is filled, the pawns will happily work during joy time. I've also changed all pawns' drug policies to no drugs.

Day 1

Yours truly started working on a new room. Lilith is going crazy with the pistol I gave her and is busy decimating the local hare population. Cleros is cutting stone, Xeo is researching, Whorton is getting accustomed to his new timetable. The remaining megatherium wool is now in a form of a new tuque for Lilith.

Day 2

We start with a female psychic drone. Xeo's mood will be pretty damn low. The new double bed is a wooden normal one. I've chopped a few fully grown trees nearby. Lilith murdered all small game so she goes for some caribous this time.

Granite is building some nice marble furniture to replace the wooden ones. All's well until the caribous get tired of the shooting and start rampaging.

Thanks to Lilith's awful aim they're all wounded already. She easily outruns them. The others take potshots while doing the usual "dance around the door" strategy.

Day 3

We're making progress with the red paintjob for the surrounding area. Since breakfast decided to come to us this time, we should take our chance and feast on their flesh.

It doesn't take too long before the last of the caribous fall to the ground. All we have around us is a hare and a squirrel now. Lilith can continue her shooting training. Soon after that the psychic drone's broadcast ends as well.

More meat for the grinder! We've retrieved every carcass and Lilith will be busy making some more. Meanwhile Granite fails his construction twice in a row. Level 7 constructor...

A snowhare has gone mad. Big deal. Would've killed it soon anyway. By the end of the day all the wild animals are exterminated and Lilith gained a level in shooting. Another new room is being constructed.

Day 4

Looks like someone's enjoying their new room. Whorton found a new hare north from the base. Just as he was coming back home to eat he suffers a mental break a few tiles away from the dispenser. Figures. He's wandering the halls sadly but not for too long. I don't tolerate this kind of behavior and promptly ask his brother to fix this right now. He grabs Whorton and throws him in a cell. Since it'd be his shift's end anyway, he falls asleep. As soon as he wakes he'll be released.

The first statue is complete. Unfortunately it's awful so it'll be deconstructed. It depicts three carrots. Probably inspired by Lilith's bunny-killing spree.

Microelectronics has been researched. Next project: Devilstrand. I'll start redesigning the bedroom area. Bigger rooms, more rooms, more airlocks to get outside, double walls for better insulation. After that's done I'll secure and expand our power production.

Whorton is awake and gets released. He also gets his room back, for now. Apparently he wasn't tough enough. Iron-willed, what a joke!

Day 5

It seems like the daily animal migration rate is only one hare. The fridge is stuffed with caribous so it should last for quite some while. The outside temperature is quite low now. Tuques should be mandatory but someone had to waste our wool on cowboy hats. ::)

Xeo keps getting cabin fever. She got it at day 2, got kicked out for a few moments, now again. Her duster will be Whorton's property, the night shift hauler needs the cold protection. Xeo just sits at the research bench all day anyway.

The second sculpture is complete. It's shoddy, not much better than awful. At least it won't give negative beauty. It shows Lilith recruiting Whorton. it'll be put in the corridor where Xeo sleeps. She could use some mood boost. Another hare appears; another meal for us.

Sally has gone berserk. I'll try not to kill her. I should probably get someone to clean up the blood. She goes down without losing any bodyparts.

Day 6

Whorton will have to clean up this bloody mess. Hopefully I can finish the building here in a day or who, then move on to relocate and wall off the power generators. The greenhouse reall isn't that high on my priority list with so many caribous lying in the freezer.

My turn shall end on the 1st of winter, 00:00 which means I've spent almost half of my time already. A small herd of six caribous showed up to the right of the colony. Although the freezer is almost full, the storage room is well below freezing point too. I can store the bodies there. Better be prepared for that winter. Lilith needs the shooting experience anyway.

The whole herd is about to bleed to death now. It's just a matter of hours before we can start collecting the bodies. The new rooms are being built at a steady pace, it will probably be finished tomorrow.

It's such a shame Sally doesn't want to join us, I could really use a dedicated cleaner/hauler. The third statue is out, this time it's a poor one. It's about Dichter and Lilith getting ready for some lovin'.

Five muffalos have arrived. I'll leave them alone for now. Xeo gets to sleep in a normal steel double bed and will also get the poor statue. Yeah, I'm sure she'll appreciate the statue of her ex-husband getting it off with another woman.

Sally has been finaly recruited. We now have a dedicated hauler/cleaner! She really can't do much else anyway... She also lacks pants so she gets the naked debuff.

Devilstrand has been researched! Next one: Hydroponics.

Granitecosmos

Day 7

Sally gets to wear a new poor snowhare leather pants. No more naked debuff! The rest of the day goes by uneventfully.

Day 8

The muffalos are getting hungry, it's time to kill them before they leave the map. Since she has nothing else to do at the moment, Lilith is dispatched to deal with them.

It's important to have several entrances to the base. Raiders will usually target doors, more outer doors means they get divided into several small groups. Finishing these small groups one by one is a lot more easier than engaging the whole attack force.

Outside temperature is pretty damn cold by now. I'm making the outer walls out of sandstone for the extra sturdiness and to save some steel. Remember, one colonist can always hold the door for the others and since we have one guy on night shift, chances are one colonist is always at home. Bedroom doors are wooden, inner airlock doors are steel, any other inner door is again gonna be sandstone and will stay open at all times; unless something bad happens, in which case it will serve as a strong seal.

Trauma savant muffalo. Wonderful. Might even taste a bit different! Needless to say, they all hit the ground. Meanwhile, crafting a caribou leather parka is in the process.

Day 9

Lilith is cutting stone now. There's nothing to shoot and she really can't do much else than social and combat. Cleros is still working on the parka. Since I need more stone I also assign Sally to stonecutting duty.

The parka is complete and it's a good one! Granite gets to wear it, while Xeo can enjoy Granite's synthread jacket. Now that Cleros can cut stone I reassign Sally to haulbot status.

Sally's parka is really tattered. Off with it! Also, her camelhair awful T-shirt is at 56% so I tell her to grab our 100% awful button-down shirt instead. Whorton gets a new steel double bed, too bad it's shoddy. Still better than his awful one, though!

Architects are incapable of dumb labor but get an awesome +5 construction and +7 artistic skill. They also get shafted with a -3 in crafting but it's OK, what I need is another capable builder! Hopefully with passion too!

This is exactly what we need! Now, she came from the right edge from the map. Therefore the pirates will arrive there too. I don't really have tons of weapons but I can make this work.

The Rats of Thrusting sent 3 guys against us. Double incendiary launcher and a survival rifle. Mind you, only Cave has shooting experience (level 15), the others have zero skill in shooting. And with a poor 60% incendiary launcher, not even Cave is a real threat. This should be pretty damn easy.

I wait for them to come close and hopefully split up. Lennin gets separated and goes up, past the original entrance. He gets mobbed in melee and dies like a true russian. In tundra Hat Factory, colonists outnumber YOU! Rest in peace Lennin, may you build communism in a better place.

The remaining two pirates will be mobbed simultaneously. No escape! I need those clothes and guns. As it can be seen, they are attacking *very important* targets, like a piece of stone wall and stone door. I mean, it's not like there's the power generator right over there, unprotected. ::)

They're done for. I'll drag them into the corridor and treat my wounded colonists first. But most importantly, grab the guns! Also, it's Day 10.

Day 10

Good thing one of our most capable doctors is on night shift. Although I won't call 4 points in medicine capable but it is the best we have right now. Stella builds her own steel double bed and it turns out to be of good quality. Meanwhile an eclipse starts.

So, let's talk about the prisoners. Lane isn't as lame as it seems, although he's a total beginner regarding pretty much every combat skills, he has 10 in medicine and has passion for it too. This automatically makes him good. Only incapable of firefighting, prosthophile and neurotic, latter being especially useful on a doctor since it increases treating and operating speed.

Cave has 15 in shooting and 10 in melee as well as passion for these. 10 in social with a burning passion is nice too. No other passion nor notable skills, except a 4 in cooking. This is important since he's a neurotic psychopath! Although ranite is about to hit 5and Lane has 6 in cooking, at least Cave can help with possible post-processing of pirates, tribals and other scum that comes here with ill intentions. He's also a capable and rather disposable soldier if you don't really want a psychopath butcher.

We need to relocate the power generators. It's time to build up a few wind turbines and properly wal off the area. Since everyone else is doing meaningful tasks, it's time for Xeo to raise her fat arse and go out to kill a helpless snowhare.

Although the colony could build autodoors to speed up traffic in the airlocks, I'd rather not waste components and power on such luxuries. Due to the nature of the breakdown event, autodoors would also increase component loss from breakdowns. We can't afford that right now.

The paste dispenser does a wonderful job conserving our quite limited food source. There are already plenty of us so the savings are great.

Day 11

Everyone's pretty much healthy by now. Generators are behind the wall, freezer is overflowing with dead animals, everyone has something to do. Time to expand southward and connect that fertile soil to our main building. But first, more entrances! More doors means more splits for incoming hostiles.

The proper description of the outside temperature is "really fucking cold". I'll need to build another heater in the hallway between the bedrooms. I could really use those megatherium wool tuques now, Xeo...

Somehow our dining room got decent. Maybe not having blood everywhere did the trick. Just to make sure it stays that way, Stella will build another marble short table. Stools wil follow as soon as we have more marble which, considering sandstone for walls is of much higher priority right now, will have to wait. I only have 4 more days to get this thing done, I'd better focus on the walls. The table ends up being good quality.

It has just occurred to me. The cooler. There's no heat chimney for the cooler. It's out in the open, with only 100 HP, being a major security concern. Time to fix this. We've also reached the point where solar panels don't really generate power anymore. 15 PM and light level is already just 27% and this'll get worse in winter. It's time to build the other wind turbine.

Since we're drowning in meat, it's time to train Dixie to be obedient. Hydroponics is researched! The next project: Electric Smelting.

Day 12

Place's getting along nicely, as well as the people. Except Stella, and the ex-married couple. Former is hated by everyone for being ugly and disfigured, latter for obvious reasons. No other hostilities whatsoever.

I've used up most of that 600 steel I've mentioned earlier. It's time someone started mining again. Wait a bit, what's that smell?

Oh. That sucks. This means we won't get any migrating animals for up to... 15 day? Something something maximum duration of fallout, don't really remember, don't really care. Since my reign ends in 3 days, this is Not My Problem™.

Slight, unnoticed miscalculation detected. Oh well, I wouldn't be human without human stupidity, right?

Well, this'll solve itself... However, I really can't afford to waste time now. Target practice! It's just two of them anyway. Muffalos are very slow and easily kited. Lilith is dispatched to deal with them. On second thought, I'll just mobilize everyone and deal with them schwiftly.

Had to tank a few hits here and there but it's done, and it's done fast. I want this construction job done as soon as possible. We also get our first breakdown event. Another parka is made, awful quality. Perfect for Sally.

Day 13

We're making progress! Double walls are gonna be the next player's concern but I'll be able to finish walling off the fertile soil and the area already roofed. It should be a nice place for a real workshop. Oh, and the comms console. Yeah, I haven't built that one up yet. Have better things to do and more important things to provide with power.

Nothing importand happened this day. Just some more building.

Day 14

This is it. The last day. I started of the 2nd of Fall so this is the last day for me. Just after noon Xeo decides it's a good idea to start fires. I'll assign soeoneto follow him. If the fire doesn't prove to be in a dangerous location but still inside I'll let it burn. Could use the extra heat.

Xeo sets the researh bench on fire. And again. And again. Sally is standing next to him, drafted. After the 6th time I decide to let the fire burn for just a little while. Wait, what is this? All right, so the pyro in a mental state just started a party. This is getting suspicious.. and not productive at all! Anyway, she snaps out of it rather quickly. Guess a party can't hurt much, at least the next player won't have to worry about low mood. They can worry about building the greenhouse instead! I wake the two night duty colonists too. The mood boost is valuable; +15 mood for 10 days, for everyone.

WINTER HAS BEGUN.

That's it folks! My turn's end. Didn't go picture-heavy this time like I did before but it's still well-documented. Double wall should save us some of our quite limited power, so whoever takes over, make sure you'll finish it up. I've planned the whole thing out for you, shouldn't be a big deal. The old entrance shall be scrapped completely. There's marble tiles under those marble blocks in the diding room that Granite's deconstructing, make sure you remove those tiles too, for free marble. Sandstone makes for a better wall anyway. Even slate is better for walls than marble.

We're full of meat so food should be solved for another half year or so. The paste dispenser saves an incredible amount of food. Mood is at an all-time high thanks to that last-minute party.

Here's the wealth graph:

I've only made one hat, and even that one's just a tuque. Could've made more but noone assigned me a quota so I just saved the materials.

The dead pirate body didn't resist the fallout well so I just dragged the corpse to a galaxy far, far away so it can deteriorate in peace. I'm not gonna make a grave for someone who tried to murder us all. They can rot for all I care.

There's not much steel left. Wood is even lower than steel. Sally has 16% toxic buildup as she's our main haulbot. Not much more to say. I hope this colony doesn't die immediately after my turn like the last time.

2ToTheCubithPower

This spot reserved by me because I am a lazy bastard. Will post my history later.

Qz

... anxiously waiting, still...  to read the rest of this wonderful story!

-Q

Shurp

Ummm, the last post was a year and a version ago, what makes you think this is still going?

Or is today Random Thread Necro Day?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.