Round robin game (succession game)

Started by minimurgle, March 31, 2017, 08:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minimurgle

Hello my name is minimurgle and I am currently organizing a round robin game of RimWorld. If the term round robin is unfamiliar to you allow me to explain it. This is where a group of people all pass take turns playing on the same save. You could also call it a succession game. A popular example of this is boatmurdered. The way we'll be doing it is simple.

• Everyone who wishes to participate is put into a list, then that list is randomized to decide the turn order.
  • If someone asks to join after the game starts they are added to the end of the list.
  • Each player gets to play 1 season of the game
  • The player has 3 days to complete their turn and upload the save file. If for some reason they can't complete their turn they will be skipped
  • After someone completes their turn they will upload the save file for the next person along with a log of what happened. This log should include all the events that happened and the current players reasoning for decisions and changes.
That's about the gist of how it works. The numbers aren't absolute and are susceptible to change, and of course there are a few other rules. But those are less specific rule and more common decency.
If you're interested feel free to join us on the discord. Which you can find right here https://discord.gg/ukqPr9x
I'll be doing my best to answer questions both here and on the discord so feel free to contact me. I hope to see yo there. The more the merrier!
If you're interested please hop into the discord and leave a quick post in the participation request channel. This is set up to make sure I don't forget anyone and to easily accommodate newcomers.

The turn order has been decided. From here on out people will be added to the back of the list.

Questions that have been asked so far.
Q: Will there be mods
A: Not for this run through no. Though if we restart for whatever reason it's a possibility.

Q: When is this starting
A: There is no determined start date. We'll be starting once I feel that most the people who are interested have joined. Probably a day or two after this was postedSee below

Q: Can I launch some colonists into space
A: I will not stop you from doing that but you really should talk to your fellow players first. You must also be prepared to face the potential blowback from other players for doing it.

Q: Do you know when this is starting yet?
A: Yes I've determined that the turn order will be determined April 2nd at 11:30EDT(US eastern(Detroit time)) After that people are still welcome to join but they will be put at the back of the list.

Q: I have a question that I don't see here.
A: Check the discord there are more answers there. If you can;t find what you need private message me through the discord.
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.

cmitc1

I'm interesting..... are we going to do no mods to simplify things?

minimurgle

As of right now we will be using vanillia for simplicites sake. We may add some if we do this again though.

123nick

Ramsis

Supported by the Admin/Moderation team, and even Tynan is looking forward to the wild stories this thing will bring!

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Greep

One advantage of being recently unemployed:  I can totally do a season in 3 days.  Sign me up :D
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

minimurgle

Be glad to have you Greep. Feel free to hop in the discord and leave a quick post in the participation channel.

cmitc1

Quote from: Ramsis on March 31, 2017, 10:11:46 PM
Supported by the Admin/Moderation team, and even Tynan is looking forward to the wild stories this thing will bring!

that's awesome!

I'm so hyped for this! The only thing I'm afraid off is being the guy who kills everyone Xp

Quazimojojojo

Color me interested. How/when will we be notified? What difficulty? Randy rough? Permadeath no save-scum and no dev-mode (going on the honor system) for consistency and simplicity?

minimurgle

Quote from: Quazimojojojo on April 02, 2017, 12:26:09 AM
Color me interested. How/when will we be notified? What difficulty? Randy rough? Permadeath no save-scum and no dev-mode (going on the honor system) for consistency and simplicity?

All notifications and information are being handled through the discord.

XeoNovaDan

This'll certainly be interesting!

Granitecosmos

Let's get this started!

First turn is mine. First of all, let's get over with the essentials.

The planet (or rather the part we know about).

Wait a minute, what kind of name is Kalb? This is unacceptable!

There, much better. So, we have a tribal camp just one tile away. I'm sure they're OK with us taking their land.

Yeah, pretty sure they won't mind it.  ::)  Actually, let's see all the factions.

Three outlander unions, woohoo! But only one hostile faction... Oh well.

Now, let's take a look at the local area.

That doesn't look too bad. Wait a second... Oh no. This can't be! THERE IS NO MINEABLE GRANITE! Heresy! I, Granitecosmos, am tasked to play on a map without granite?
Literally unplayable.  >:(

Well, at least it contains traces of granite.

I'll give this one a pass, for now.

The faction and colony name has been discussed on the discord chat. The faction shall be called The Mad Hatters and the colony Hat Factory.
(This was actually my suggestion. I get to play the first turn and also name the colony? Might as well buy a lottery ticket.)

Now let's unpause and see what we got.

Looks like we got a sheriff wannabe. Abrasive synergizes well with masochist; this guy will probably get into social fights sooner than later. That scar also turns into a permanent +5 mood bonus. Nice chronological age, buddy!

I'll give this guy the pistol. Fire away!

...And another almost-sheriff. Hey, at least this one can haul, right? Double trash traits for extra !!FUN!! but high Research skill. Also nice chronological age... Why do I never get these in my games?  :(

I'll give this guy the survival rifle. Gregory has better shooting but trigger-happy bones his accuracy into the ground.

Hey, this one is actually decent. Not much passion overall but high animal handling is nice. A psycho cook is always a welcome addition. Except this one doesn't really know how to cook... But holy moly, look at that chronological age! This lady is ancient!  :o

Trash military skills but otherwise the MVP? Obviously I shall give her the knife! Safety first, amirite?  ;)

So let's summarize:

• Our only grower is our only constructor, our only crafter as well as our only miner. Yeah, I probably won't even bother with crops for the first year. I'll be happy if I can finish constructing the damn place before the next player takes over.   :-\

• Zero cooking skill. Paste dispenser, here we come!

• Two incapabilities and one level 4 with no passion regarding crafting. What a perfect start for Hat Factory::)

• "Medieval minstrel" and "Space researcher" are apparently synonyms for Deputy Sheriff. The more you know...

I was told that every player can name one colonist as themselves. Obviously I won't miss out on this opportunity. I even have the luxury of being able to choose one out of three canidates!
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the shittiest of 'em all?

I shall choose Byte as my avatar in this game! His lack of skills will contribute to the colony. He shall die a horrible death bring glory to my name!

Oh, right. The pet. Almost forgot about the pet.

I hereby declare this cat blessed by Armok! Every colonist should consider their holy duty to defend this cat's life and feed it regularly. Letting the cat die in any way whatsoever is blasphemy and a crime punishable by death!

All right, now that the boring "share basic info pls" phase is over, I can finally play the damn game. Yay!  ;D

Let's start with a master plan!

The geyser in the workshop will provide central heating for free. Temperature can be easily controlled during the warmer seasons by deconstructing some of the roof tiles. This area will probably be changed in the future. For now, it will save us the hassle of building heaters and allow concentrating on non-geothermal research.

The power generating area should keep the colony supplied for now. It's compact enough for my taste. Batteries should be placed there too, there's enough space to build some roof tiles without affecting the future wind turbines.

We'll use a nutrient paste dispenser because I don't really enjoy the idea of having a permanent -50% conscioussness debuff due to a level zero cook. It should also save me time and food! One nutrient paste meal costs only 6 raw food to make while having more nutritional value than a simple meal.

The service tunnels should keep those pesky short circuit events (a.k.a. that goddamn Zzztt...) from doing harm to colonists and items. If the conduit is in the wall the explosion will damage things on both sides, this system should mostly prevent that. The tunnels will also be unroofed unless we want Colonist McFirefighter to cook alive. A lucky rain might also come in handy; there's honestly no reason to put a roof over the service tunnels.

The rest is pretty standard and not worth mentioning. I probably won't be able to properly finish the plan in my turn. Oh well. Now, on to job priorities.

This'll have to do for now. Lucero will build the colony while Gregory chops the trees for it. Yours truly will haul items. I'll keep editing it as I see fit so everyone gets to do something.

Well then, let's get started!

Let's build up the essentials first. The workshop is first since we'll get free heating that way. I won't bother with the roof, just a small area so I can make a stockpile under it and put deteriorating stuff there. I manage to finish that building, as well as the walls for the freezer and the first solar panel in the first day. Lucero leveled up her Construction skill to 1. I don't even want to think about how much wood she wasted on failed constructions already. Oh well, at least she can build, unlike the other two worthless scum.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Gregory chopped wood all day. Granitecosmos ensured no items suffer deterioration. Also started hauling steel. Not that they can actually do anything else anyway.

Everyone gets to sleep in the workshop. No beds, we need the wood elsewhere.

Day 2 of summer starts wonderfully.

That's -25 steel and -1 component. What a great start for a day! Gotta love that trash construction skill!

Next priority is the battery, conduits and the freezer. The battery can charge while Lucero works on the rest. The pedators are getting hungry so I restrict Lazarus to the workshop. If all goes well I might be able to tame the bear wandering near our future colony. I can't afford to waste time with that right now; Lucero has better things to do and Granitecosmos would just waste food with his level 6 Animal Handling.

The local arctic fox is feasting on a rabbit. She won't eat all that, though. Scavenging time!

Now that the rush of the first day is over I can set up proper work schedules. Lucero is a night owl so I'll have to set her schedule accordingly. I'd have assigned someone on night shift anyway. Actually, I might assign everyone on night shift later. That way they won't be hunted bothered by the local bear too much.

Making progress. I actually did build three beds now, as well as a few chairs and a table. All awful except for two beds which is lucky considering Lucero has a whopping 1 in construction. Obviously Granitecosmos gets to sleep in the awful bed.

This concludes day 2.

Day 3. I've noticed that another wolf entered the map. This raises our local predator count to 4. Everyone is having a fun time, keeping their mood bars around 50-60%. Progress is slow but steady.

Seems like the local tribe sent scouts to check what's going on here.

I'll grab that tuque since we probably won't be able to make one for a long time. 61 silver isn't the end of the world. Better be overly prepared than to freeze to death, right?

Lucero takes up the hard task of carrying the tuque on her head. The dining/rec room is finished, she's building the final few pieces of conduits. Now that we have the paste dispenser I'll forbid the remaining survival meals to be used as emergency rations. Lazarus will be moved to the dining/rec room and will also have access to the fridge except the area where we'll store dead animal bodies. Storing a dead elk, for example, instead of immediately butchering it, will save us precious storage space in the freezer and we definitely don't want Lazarus chomping on that.

Day 4. The visitors leave at 1 AM. Work now begins on the individual bedrooms then a wall around the solar panel. The service tunnels are the last on the list. Lucero still manages to fail constructing wooden walls 5 times in a row. And this is our MVP, this game will be fun indeed!  ;)

Almost forgot the dead hare. No problem, Lucero constructed a butcher table and promptly stabbed the dead body until all that remains were small meat chunks. Zero cooking skill means 75% butchery efficiency and since the arctic fox got her share already all I got was 14 meat and 7 leather. Still free food so I'll take it.

Yours truly finally wants to name the colony and the faction. How appropriate! Of course we'll be using the name we agreed on.

Now that I think about it, the discussion revolving around the colony name was short and almost noone paid attention to it. Oh well, it's not a bad name anyway.

Two of the three bedrooms are done before Lucero goes to sleep. Meanwhile the arctic fox leaves us another gift.

Another batch of free food. Further inspection reveals a third wolf in the area. Predator count is now 5. Gregory tried to put a move on Lucero but got the cold shoulder. Serves him right, sheriff-class trash shouldn't mix with actually tolerable colonists. Granitecosmos finished hauling all the steel scattered across the map; continues to work by chopping trees. I'll build up the base in a few days tops, then start cutting some limestone and gradually replace the walls, starting with the freezer. If I"m lucky I'll be able to make the base fireproof before the end of my turn.

All bedrooms are done. Time to build the wall around the power-related stuff.

Day 5. Construction of the colony is faster than expected. Lucero's mood is at 80%, Gregory is at 70%. Granitecosmos sits at 40% for now, thanks to his jealous trait.

Tribals come to visit again. I grab a few herbal meds, just in case. Still so early in the game, better be prepared.

64 silver, not a big deal. A quick check on Lucero reveals she leveled up her construction skill again. Still bad but at least there's progression, unlike for Gregory and his deforestation.

I'm getting ready for phase 2. Granitecosmos is already busy hauling limestone chunks to a nearby dumping zone. Gregory is still cutting wood along with the occasional raspberry bush harvests.

Almost done.

Day 6. The walls are in place. Furniture, not so much. Gonna go with single beds since making double beds with such a trash construction skill is just wasting resources. Still missing the chess tables and several stools. That research bench will stay unused for now since Lucero is busy doing everything that's important, Granitecosmos is busy hauling and Gregory has a nice round zero in research. Might as well draft him and go hunting instead. Actually, that's what he'll do as soon as he chops those trees.

A hare wanders close to Gregory. Can't give up on this opportunity, time to hunt!

Took him only two shots. Well, I did make him stand next to the poor thing for best results.

There's a herd of Ibexes nearby. I'll ignore them for now, since Gregory still has some wood to chop. On second thought, Granitecosmos stockpiled a nice amount of limestone chunks already. I'll draft him and hunt me some Ibex!

I won't necessarily go for the kill, if the target is bleeding enough already I just switch to another one. A rain will eventually clean up the mess anyway. I end up with 2 dead goats and eventually 2 more bleeding to death. This herd is gone.

Day 7. Now that Lucero managed to craft 100 limestone blocks it's time to upgrade the freezer. She reaches construction level 3 and promptly celebrates her achievement by failing her current construction.  ::)

The goats have finally bled to death. What a beautiful sight! Armok would be pleased.

Just when I could enjoy the sight of my bloody hunting grounds, we get our first red envelope.

Seems like we don't even have to go hunting; dinner comes to us instead!

Speaking of hares, our local arctic fox has been busy again. Naturally we shall accept her third gift.

The colonists swiftly subdue the mad hare. Gregory managed to tank all the damage. He loves pain anyway so this is for the best. Lucero will take care of his wounds on the spot.

Gregory finished cutting the trees. We don't need to go hunting so... What the hell should he do? Zero research and no passion means it's worthless to put him on paperwork duty. Well, seems like he'll make wooden large statues for now. Just like a true sheriff! But that means more wood required so he'll have to chop some more before that.

One of the timber wolves eats our friendly neighborhood arctic fox. The predator count is down to 4.

Lazarus does a good job at keeping the morale high. Everyone's mood is above 55%. Note the stacking awful meal debuff; the stacked effect usually lasts only an hour or so before the last one disappears, it's not a big deal.

Everyone is friendly with each other (well, except for the psycho for obvious reasons). Even the abrasive Gregory! Actually, he is the most liked colonist. I've seen one slighting the whole game, not even one insult so far. The colony seems socially stable.

Now that Lucero finished butchering the rabbits I have enough leather to make the first hat of Hat Factory. Not so fast, though; I still have stuff to do before that.

The freezer is almost completely upgraded to stone. I'll finish that part tomorrow and continue upgrading the outer walls.

To be continued...

Granitecosmos

Day 8. Two hours in and a spaceship chunk almost falls on our solar panel.

Another two hours and we get an escape pod. Randy's up to something... Whatever, let's see what we got.

Seven in construction, woohoo! Gimme gimme! Also another oldie, look at the chronological age! Why do I never get such chronological ages in my games?

Hmm...
Rescued people (especially space refugees etc) should sometimes join the colony. If the environment isn't survivable (e.g. bad temperature, toxic fallout) they should always join the colony.

If his wounds take long enough to heal...

...Goddamnit. Oh well, time for plan B. Oh, and we also got an eclipse.

He didn't put up a fight. Attaboy! I'll quickly make Lucero build a new bedroom for our "guest". Gregory has the highest social skill, seems like he has his few uses after all.

Couldn't care less about the eclipse. No crops, enough stored power for 2 days; suck on that, Randy! (Please don't pull a short circuit on me, I'll be a good boy, I promise!)

it's time to shine, Gregory!

...You bastard. You'll end up as a hat, I swear.

The freezer is now completely upgraded to stone. The new bedroom is also finished.

Day 9. Gregory has to wake up early today, can't waste any recruit opportunity. I want that construction 7!

Come on Gregory, you don't want to become a hat, do you?

See, I just have to motivate them! Rimkus will be put to work immediately. I'll put him on construction, growing, cooking and mining duty. Lucero will cut stones from now on. Gregory can resume his sculpting activities.

With less stuff to haul, Granitecosmos might actually get to use the research table. I set the current project to Microelectronics. That will allow the construction of the comms console as well as progress towards the more advanced projects.

With no joy object, the average toleance for meditative and social are ~30% and ~15% respectively. Who needs horseshoes pins anyway?

An Ibex got self-tamed. Good for us, not so good for her. She'll be our mobile living meat storage. I'll make a new area for her, next to the power plant, with a small area inside the base. I'll put a sleeping spot there so she'll always be safe while asleep.

Rimkus is tasked with reinforcing his new quarters' outer walls with stone. The eclipse ends at noon.

Way to start socializing, buddy! You'll make a fine hat one day...

The first sculpture is complete! The shoddy quality reflects the artist's overall quality as a human being. The artwork depicts the capturing of Rimkus... I'll put it in his room so it reminds him what might happen if he becomes an annoyance.

A hare wanders too close to the base. Gregory kills it

after wasting several handfuls of bullets at point blank range. Once I get a grenade I'll make him hunt with that. He might blow himself up a few times but hey, he's a masochist so it's fine, right?

With 3 of the 4 colonists working at workbenches and one building, this day will surely fly by a lot faster. The dry thunderstorm turns into a rainy one outside. Getting a bit bored, I start inspecting the wildlife. An arctic wolf has appeared in the top left corner of the map while one of the timber wolves have apparently left. Predator count is still 4. No freebie carcasses this time.

The current base, illuminated by an exceptionally well-timed lightning bolt.

Day 10. Rimkus continues reinforcing the outer wall. I'll also make him build a few beds in hopes of getting better quality ones. The less time they waste sleeping, the more they can work instead.

Gregory's artistic skills have improved a bit, he's now level 6; Rimkus leveled his construction to 8, time to make those beds. Lucero got us supplied with enough stone, she's cutting trees now. Research is 30% done, that level 11 helps.

Apparently Lucero doesn't like sharing the MVP title. She's in rivalry with Granitecosmos and starts to dislike Gregory too. All the others like her, though... Maybe it's that time of the month.

Seems like Gregory really liked that tuque deal he made with the tribals, his second sculpture is centered around it. It's poor quality this time, he's getting better at this. His reward is him being kicked outside to chop wood since we don't have much on stock. Rimkus' mood is rather low since he's still in a moderate amount of pain, plus the greedy trait. He gets the second sculpture too.

Rimkus gets a lucky roll on the wooden chess table; it's a good one! The three beds he made aren't that great; an awful, a shoddy and a poor. Granitecosmos gets the shoddy one while Rimkus keeps the poor bed for himself, the greedy bastard.

By the end of the day the dining/rec room's outer walls are upgraded, as well as some of the northern side of the base. The tunnels are the next priority so there's less firefighting to be done in the unfortunate case of a short circuit.

Day 11. The end of the first summer is soon upon us which means another madman will take the role of the current equally insane overseer. The weather gets a bit more chilly every day.

I find it hilarius that the only abrasive colonist gets along with everyone the best. Well, I won't complain. It helps productivity. Gregory and Granitecosmos put out a nearby fire before it gets out of control; apparently Randy likes frequent dry thunderstorms.

Just as they finish putting out the fire the weather changes to rainy thunderstorm. Figures.  ::)

A lightning bolt strikes the longer service tunnel. The rain makes short work of the fire but repairs will take some of Rimkus' valuable time. With 200+ limestone blocks Lucero has nothing to do; Rimkus proceeds with making an electric tailoring bench for her while she's off mining in the freezer. Can't have a Hat Factory without making at least one hat, right?

More spaceship chunks fall to the lower-right corner of the map. I'm not gonna waste my time with reclaiming these, I have enough materials and work to do already.

Day 12 starts with yet another spacecraft chunk falling event, with the same amount of chunks, to the exact same area. I think Randy either has mild alzheimer's or just brainfarted a bit. Or he just wants me to think he's stupid so he can screw me over later... It's Randy, you never know.

Just an hour after that a psychic drone activates. Since the colony has more males than females, it starts to wreck the mood of 3/4 of the colony.

The first hat of Hat Factory! And it's a quite lucky roll, normal quality with level 4 crafting. Rimkus takes on the opportunity and snatches away the hat, the greedy bastard. ...Did I say that once already?

Now that there's more space in the freezer, it's time to assemble the hunting party. Granitecosmos and Gregory will hunt together this time. Rimkus keeps upgrading the outer walls while Lucero hauls limestone chunks.

The temperature is quite cold at nights. Rimkus roofs over the workshop. The temperature can be fine-tuned further by keeping certain doors open and roofing/unroofing more/less tiles. I extend Lazarus' zone to the workshop and bedrooms, and make him a sleeping box in the former. The box gets a nice roll of normal quality; Armok's blessed cat gets to sleep in better conditions than the colonists themselves. Yup, I can't see anything wrong with that priority order.

The local bear doesn't care about us yet. He happily feasts on the local wildlife. He won't leave anything for us to scavenge.

There are some boars and elks at the lower-left corner of the map. The elks are the top priority. Wait a bit,
why isn't Rimkus' new hat shown properl- oh.

I've just noticed I left devmode enabled after my break at the end of day 7. Such unprofessionalism! I've quickly tested some things in another game yesterday and forgot to turn it off. Good thing having it turned on doesn't affect the gameplay! I'll fix it in a second, don't worry. This is the drawback of being a modder, I don't even notice devmode anymore... Might as well check the log; no errors. Yay, feedback!

The hunters reach the herd and open fire. Just after shooting a few times, yet another batch of ship chunk falls, again, close to the colony. Randy is being generous today. One elk is dead, the rest walk next to a timber wolf. This is getting dangerous, Gregory's trash accuracy might catch the wolf's attention. The wolf knows what's good for him and walks away from the herd. Damn, now he's standing between them and the herd... The huntsmen proceed with dancing around the wolf and shooting elks for a few more hours until all of them were dead.

That's 4 carcasses, not bad! It'll fill up the fridge too, but... One more can't hurt, right? Let's kill a boar and this hunt is over.

The boar is down! He'll bleed out in less than 5 hours. I could just make Gregory execute him but he might shoot or bash a bodypart off which means less meat. The predators aren't hungry right now anyway, there's no need to rush.

Our first trader caravan! Meanwhile, Gregory finishes another sculpture. This one is normal and shows how he coerced Rimkus into joining us. Rimkus and Granitecosmos both compete for the worst mood, being well under the minor break threshold. Thanks, psychic drone! Latter gets this statue since he has an awful bedroom modifier that will probably disappear with this sculpture in his room. Actually, it makes his bedroom the best of all the others, getting rid of the jealous debuff too.

These traders sure as hell make themselves feel right at home. The discord channel has spoken; we shall never sell the first hat. They have 5 yorkshire terriers... The temptation is great but I should concentrate on other things than having a uselessly slow zerg army this early on in the game.

I'll grab five antibiotics, you can never go wrong with those. Being a medical drug, Penoxycyline won't be a target for any potential drug binges in the future either. 212 silver is a small price to pay as life insurance in case of a major plague outbreak. It can be administered reactively too and will boost the immunity of the pawn. I'm not gonna sell our everfresh walking meat, nor our holy cat. The trader also had 80 granite blocks. Well, we don't swim in silver yet so I'll have to pass on that. We have more than enough steel and there are 11 ship chunks on the map, providing us with an adequate amount of components.

The wall is slowly but steadily replaced with stone. Sculptures are also being shaped and we made the first hat of the colony. The frezer is filled with carcasses. This was a productive day indeed.

To be continued...

Granitecosmos

Day 13. Now that Lucero doesn't have to do everything by herself she can do the one thing she's the best at. Remember that bear lurking nearby? Time to tame him. The psychic drone ends around 4 AM. The trade caravan leaves at 7 AM.

Well, crap. This will take some time.

A rat and two squirrels wander close to the walls. Gregory is on pest control today.

OH, COME ON! Just a few seconds and his mood would've been in the safe zone again. Damn psychic drone... And mood mechanics that prevent mood from changing during sleep! Well, he *is* urgently hungry; I'll let him eat the meal he already pulled from the dispenser. He got mental on the way to the table.  ::)

But of course he goes for the packaged survival meal instead. Nope. I'm sorry but I can't let you do that, Rimkus.

He doesn't resist; seems like he's clever enough to understand he's outnumbered. As soon as he's put into his bed he sleeps for a frame's worth or so; enough to free him from his mental break. He is immediately released and can enjoy the negative 10 mood for five days. That's what you get for ignoring my forbid command, you greedy bastard. Even the final straw was his greed, figures.  >:(

Gregory finished with his pest control duties but since he's on a roll he shall also hunt down the turkey south of the base. We'll keep it for christmas!

Hunting at point-blank range, Gregory style! Even better if the target walks to the same tile as him!

As soon as he's done with that he finishes another statue. It seems like Gregory likes our justice system, he shaped his creation to represent the jailing of Rimkus. The artwork's name is Still XII; apparently Gregory is superstitious and doesn't want to accept that today is the 13th of summer. Which is definitely not a month. Oh well, game logic.  ::)  The statue goes to Rimkus' room; it seems like one reminder wasn't enough for him. The statue is normal quality, should calm down that greedy bastard a bit. This would upset Granitecosmos a bit though, that jealous son of a... Oh well, I'll just put the poor statue in his room. This ends up decreasing Rimkus' complaining from a -8 to a -6 while also giving him a +2. Granitecosmos gets a +3 with no jealousy. That's good enough for now, the next statue goes for one of the other two.

Since I only have a few days left, it's time to worry about the seasonal hat quota. It has been decreed on the discord channel that I have to produce five hats. Luckily I have more than enough carcasses and therefore leather to make enough hats. I'll get Lucero to work right away while Rimkus cuts open the dead ibexes. I'm two units short on hare leather so I draft Granitecosmos and go shoot a hare.

The first shot connects to the neck and destroys it. This was a very time-efficient hunt, I like it!

Rimkus didn't get to work on the walls today. The base is pretty much unchanged.

Day 14. Lucero spent the first four hours making hats. The results are two poor and one shoddy.

One of the timber wolves killed an ibex, leaving most of the body for us to collect. More leather for Lucero to work with! Only one more hat and our quota is fulfilled. Still no luck with the bear.

I look around and see that a muffalo herd has arrived and has taken residence at the upper right corner of the map. It seems like we also have another timber wolf. Predator count increased to 5.

Rimkus finishes upgrading the power generator room's walls. The outer walls shall be fireproof by the time I finish my turn.

Gregory's new statue is a shoddy one and shows himself landing in a drop pod. We've certainly come a long way since then. He gets to keep his artwork this time; Lucero is fine due to her night owl buff. We're low on wood now so Gregory gets to chop wood. Again.

Proper regulation of woodcutting is important in this region. The plants, including the trees, won't grow for more than half a year due to cold temperature. I take my time and always designate trees only above 85% growth for chopping, often searching for fully grown ones before chopping the partially grown trees.

My turn will end soon. It's only natural to leave a full freezer for the next overlord. The muffalos are easy prey, they're slower than humans; revenge shouldn't be a huge problem.

They manage to kill one before dusk. The muffalos start falling asleep. Our huntsmen quickly get close and shoot them from close up, enjoying the +750% "execution" accuracy buff. It only lasts for one shot though; the shot muffalo, as well as any other nearby animals, will wake up and wander for a bit before falling asleep again. But since Gregory is trigger-happy *and* has a pistol, he basically fires instantly. It's not hard to synchronize the two shots and I end up with two guns getting that sweet accuracy buff. They kill another one before the rest falls asleep again. Rinse and repeat.

Note that Gratitecosmos is just about to shoot with his gun. This is when I issue Gregory to shoot too; both bullets are in the air before the first connects, granting both the execution bonus. Accuracy calculations are done the moment a gun fires.

Three dead and two bleeding out. Meanwhile Lucero mined out the rest of the marked stone in the freezer. No need to expand any further now, overbuilding and overstocking is a rather bad idea in this game unless you intentionally want to set up a raider magnet.

Research is definitely not going well. Granitecosmos had to haul a lot in the past few days; mainly limestone chunks. That should come to an end tomorrow so the next overlord can ejoy putting that level 11 research skill to work.

The few remaining hours pass uneventfully save for the moment when Lucero finishes the fifth hat; unfortunately it's awful. We've fulfilled the seasonal quota!

The base gets more and more stoney. Me likey!

Day 15, last day of summer. And the last day of my reign too, for a long time. Just as I'm about to speed through the first few hours...

Yes! Finally, I get to fight a raid in my turn! And it's also one of those "not-astbraindead-as-usual" ones! Love you Randy, oh boy I'm so exci-

Oh, what a party killer... Randy, you bastard. Still love you, though. Well, at least it's not one of those one-man awful shiv raids. Nope, this is a one-woman poor heavy SMG raid! The local hostile faction is a pirate band, and this pirate certainly lives up to the title; she has a peg leg. Seems like traditions are still being respected, even on a Rim World. Let's get this over with...

Since we outnumber the attacker this will be easy indeed. However, I'm not gonna face her just like that. The strategy is simple: stay inside until the pirate hobbles to the doors and starts bashing it. Then we rush in and finish her with fisticuffs! I like using melee earlygame anyway. This also gives us the best chance for incapacitating instead of outright killing her. She might be a peg-legged pyro but we need some extra workforce. Her high research skill means she probably would stay inside anyway; a peg leg isn't gonna be a great burden in such case.

Our pirate guest spends the next two hours trying to reach our walls. Apparently she wants to bash the wooden door on the far side of the base... Meanwhile we also get our first few fallen cargo pods... Containing 254 limestone blocks! Seems like Lucero won't have to cut stone for a long time, this doubles our stone block stocks!

Poor thing doesn't know she's walking into our trap. Once she starts bashing the door I'll wait for her melee attack to go on cooldown, then Luero will engage. The rest will also hurry up hand haul their backsides there to claim their part in the upcoming brawl.

It's on! I'll make Lucero retreat and then reengage so Emmo changes her target. The more colonists share the damage the faster it heals up overall.

Granitecosmos gets to tank the last hit. The pirate goes down.

Here's the cargo pod loot. Since dealing with our guest was more important I didn't take a screenshot of this until the raid got resolved.

I was wondering why this didn't show up earlier. Oh well, Charlon seems like a nice AI. Let's see where that ship is...

No wonder the ship remained hidden, it's in the middle of the frozen tundras. Not one settlement within 30 tiles' range. We'll see if we ever take on Charlon's offer... Not under my reign, though. Not now, anyway.

Some outlanders are moving nearby. They keep to the eastern edge of the map and disappear. They don't even come close to our base.

A timber wolf left the remains of his prey for us to take. Don't mind if I do!

Caught this wolf in action. He won't leave anything for us.

Gregory didn't succeed with recruiting Emmo yet. The next overlord will have to decide whether Emmo is worth keeping (could be a nice research only pawn) or not. I personally would keep her, we need the extra workforce.

Lucero still has a hard time dealig with the bear. No taming success so far. Wolves should be a bit easier to tame but a bear is a lot better than a wolf.

Rimkus didn't finish upgrading all of the outer walls after all. He helped out with hauling a bit almost every day, that's probably why. His construction skill leveled up to 9 at the end of this last day.

Granitecosmos is the main haul bot and hunter right now. His skills don't improve much but he's still quite essential to the colony. Not that he could do much else with his slothful trait.

Joy threshold is low for everyone. Except for Granitecosmos. Somehow he racked up 43% tolerance on meditative. Oh well, he'll be fine.

Regarding social relations: Lucero is neutral towards everyone (expected from a psycho) except Granitecosmos. She hates him and the feeling is mutual; hard worker versus slothful, ouch. Gregory and Granitecosmos are BFF's. Gregory considers Lucero her friend too. Rimkus considers Lucero and Gregory his friends but noone gives a damn about him; everyone considers him just neutral. And that about sums it up; if I didn't mention something it's neutral relation. So there's only one rivalry so far and the abrasive colonist has been the most liked one for the while season. Working as intended.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Oh, by the way, there are some things I probably should've told you guys but I didn't. There are two visible gold deposits in the nearby hills and one uranium as well. No jade or silver so far. I'll let the other overseers post proper pictures of these, when they get to mine the goodies.

And that concludes the last day of summer.

Fall is here and winter is coming. My reign ends here and now. I can only hope the next overlord will be as successful as I was.

Well, since this is the end, let's make a quick recap and leave some notes for the next overlord.

I've built up what I wanted and almost made the outer layer completely fireproof. The fridge is stuffed with meat, one just has to butcher the carcasses. This will probably ensure the next season's hat quota is met as well. There's plenty of wood in the stockpile too.

The nearby dumping stockpile has more than enough chunks to work with, although it's probably better to just haul the extra limestone blocks Randy gave us. It's to the north from the base, can't miss it.

The stool in front of the tailoring bench is missing. I never got around to building it for whatever reason. Would also be a good idea to construct the second chess table (planned to be next to the existing one). But first, finish upgrading the outer wall.

I still had some chunks marked to be hauled; I've cancelled these orders. The bear is marked for taming and can be found to the west. The wolves reside in the southwestern and southern regions. Find them and remember their location; as fall gradually turns into winter the herbivores will start wandering off the map, leaving you with hungry predators around you.

Since there isn't any proper way to leave notes in-game I've decided to use the no-roof area to mark stuff with. I've marked each and every visible mineable ore, component and fallen spaceship chunk. The ores are marked with their corresponding chemical symbol. Since there's no coal in vanilla and compacted machinery isn't ore, I've marked components with a C. Here's a screenshot to demonstrate.

So whenever you want to see what you can mine, just hit any of the roof area buttons and zoom out. Should save you some time.  ;)

All right, that's all. Let's see what the next overlord will do...

Hans Lemurson

Very entertaining.  I wish the next player good fortune and many stories.  Dance for my amusement!
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.