list your favourite mod combos!

Started by keylocke, April 01, 2017, 12:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

yeps boyos, list your fave mod combos and why you recommend it (ie : mod synergies that makes them better when combined)

combo 1 : (aka : evil lurks in the darkness beyond sight) this mod combo revolves around making the call of cthulhu mods more "immersive"

-realistic darkness (not the light version) : holy crap it's dark, my immersion level is hyped. (works really well with miningCo. mining helmet, which creates light that your pawns can wear)

-real fog : if you play RTS games like warcraft/starcraft, you already know how it works. black area is invisible until explored, while in gray area you see the terrain but the pawns/items are invisible. (there's a watchtower to increase your line of sight, the surveillance camera breaks "immersion" haha.)

-mj minimap : displays a minimap! enemies appear in the map as red dots so you know where they are, but if you're using real fog, that means they're invisible until you have line of sight so you don't know what equipment they have. hahaha.

-miningCo. mining helmet : as stated above, it works great with realistic darkness.

-immersive human sounds : awesome during battles. it's so fun hearing death screams. especially spooky during night battles.

-call of cthulhu mods : it's a set of cool mods that i think works well with the dark and suspenseful mod combos already written above. imagine cults worshiping eldritch gods, a horde of cosmic horrors lurking in the dark beyond your line of sight. it also has this cool "industrial age" type of furnitures, equipment, etc.. fun times. (also, cool lamp posts, jukebox, candles!)

-dubs bad hygiene : aside from being a cool feature, it's pipeworks also adds to the aesthetic of the industrial age. building bathrooms in houses, creating waste disposal, bedpans for the sick! aw yiss.

-industrial rollers : also adds to the industrial age aesthetic. it's so awesome creating badass well planned factories for mass production.

-bridges : this is awesome when creating your coastline town in a boreal forest. you can build on top of marshes, and build right on top of the water. (great when combined with fishing industry)

-fishing industry : works great with the "bridges" mod. you can assign fishermen wearing those yellow raincoats from the call of cthulhu mod.

-RT's weapons pack : has realistic guns that's great for industrial age setting.

-buckshot shotgun : the most awesomest shotgun. makes you feel like evil dead.

-hospitality : because it's fun to build a tavern in your industrial town (jukebox baby!). might as well have visitors join in on the fun.

-prison enhanced : let's you create more realistic prison and asylum. (my insane pawns go here and i just slap them with a straight jacket so they behave. lel)

-vegetable garden : doesn't have much "synergy" with the others, but adds more realism and diversity. (i get tired watching my pawns eat "luxurious meal" all day. i want to have more variety) plus it makes the "hospitality" tavern look more lively.

-fertile fields : let's you create tilled soil and use fertilizer and stuff.

-glass+lights : create windows that let's sunlight in. good for creating more realistic houses.

-dubs skylight : good for creating a more realistic greenhouse (works well with glass+lights mod). greenhouse + vegetable garden mod + fertile fields

-barbed wire : more industrial aesthetic and defense.

-fences and floors : more industrial aesthetic stuff

-dapper muffalo : a muffalo wearing a top hat. this is my industrial town's mascot. hahaha.

-aside from these, you should also avoid using technologically advanced stuff, stick to industrial age technology to increase immersion.

---------------------------

that's it for now.

feel free to add your own combos or suggest mods that you think might work well with other combos.

i'm looking for more mods i could add to my list that's gonna make this combo better.

keylocke

more mods i think is compatible to previous list :

realistic rooms : allows you to create more realistically sized rooms without the usual debuffs

redist Heat : allows you to have centralized heating and distribute temp via ducts/vents.
combine this with industrial rollers and dubs bad hygiene and you can have a more sprawling metropolis feel with your town.

oni : these are cool humanoid pets that help make the town look more "lived in".

AngleWyrm

My muffalo shaman Eve was training up one of our war dogs when a rat went nuts and charged in to offer its opinion.

"OP," it squeeled as it ran toward her, "OP!"

Eve dropped her doggy biscuit, whipped out a 12 DPS ironwood longsword and dispatched the little rat in a single swipe.

"OP," she replied.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

keylocke

ouch. that's savage. keke.

a herd of boomrat manhunters would've been more fun.  ;)

SpaceDorf

My favorite mod synergy is between Vein Miner and MineCo Mineral Sonar.

Once the sonar found something, you can click with Vein Mine and see the whole size of the ore vein.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.