The misfortune of others...

Started by Syrchalis, April 02, 2017, 09:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

You surely remember the traders or visitors (especially if you have Hospitality) that just do something stupid or happen to be where a manhunter pack or raid spawns. Tell us about those stories.

Today I had visitors and during the last year I had several yayo cargo drops. The leader of the visitor group overdosed on those and died, spreading around 50 meals, a doomsday rocket launcher and other nice things across the floor. The meals were mine of course.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

milon

I had just this happen yesterday. I played a vanilla game on ice sheet, and it was the first winter. My Rich Explorer (let's call him Donner) was busy trying to recruit a captured pirate while maintaining the base. I was a little low on food when the caravan arrived, carrying pemmican and survival meals. Great! I've got lots of silver. This will be good.

Except the caravan never made it to my base. They walked right next to a sleeping polar bear that was very hungry. It woke up right as the last muffalo was passing by. The polar bear killed the muffalo and was immediately killed by the rest of the caravan. The survivors all left - except for one caravan member who wasn't wounded at all. He just kept wandering around the area the fight happened in. Until manhunter wargs.  :D

I got a lot of food that day - all the muffalo's pemmican, the muffalo, the polar bear, the warg, and the caravan member. All for free! And then the pirate joined and we truly became the Donner Party. :D

SpaceDorf

In a heavily modded game, boring old forest map.
A Rimworld Christmas Story.

It was winter of the first year. I had 5 colonists and was about to use the free time of my grower to finally build a sizable prison. Because I had none yet and two of my pawns were kicked out of their room to host two promising pirates.
I beat back an attack of some Rimsenal Ferals, of course some limbs went missing
and I was still cleaning up when the next announcement came :
Raid, some Pirates drop right on top of you.
And they did .. 10 drop pods right through the roof of my freshly cleaned dining room.

I recruited everybody as soon as I made out the shadows of the drop pods and positioned them around the intruders.

What I didn't expect was some little mod working its magic right now.
It is called  "sometimes raids go wrong" ..

My 5 colonists must have stared as wide eyed as me.
9 incapacitadet Raiders and one dead were lying amidst the rubble of their pods and my wrecked dining area.

I evicted another pawn, turned my 3 bed hospital into another prison and put down some sleeping spots .. Arms and Legs for everyone ..
right after that one of the old prisoners joined me .. my first capable planter and warden.
Thank you Randy and Merry Christmas to you.

And a Poison Ship on the second day .. you are just to good to us ..

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Barazen

Had a nice little base set up in the mountains, it was the second colony of my faction and it was to be a dedicated lab... turned out that mountain valley was cursed or something because despite being in a perfect defensive spot with rich, fertile fields... starvation was often! Blights plagued the construction site and i was reliant on loads of food from my capitol and passing traders.

Had one caravan come in from an ally tribe, make its way all the way to my base, only for one tribal who had a bad back and peg leg to be well and truly seperated from the pack trigger a trap and die. Promptly setting them off. Problem was... my two workers had no one to save them from six angry tribals. Talk about rude.
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.