[A17] Epic Omega - Fantasy Total Conversion (WIP - Build 13c) [29 Oct 17]

Started by The-Eroks, April 02, 2017, 01:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CopaKindred

1. Drop pods still land.
2. Item Caches may consist of shotguns
3. The AI still calls out crashed ship coordinates.
4. Characters may begin with packed MREs.
5. Material Names are still futuristic (IE Plasteel)
6. Engrish am need much update fort turtle.

The13thRonin

Could we get more screenshots of the tech tree?

How involved is it? Is it complex and rewarding?

BlackSmokeDMax

Finally made some time to give this a try, everything looks great so far, and I love your writing at the beginning. Very immersive.

I have a couple questions/thoughts:

1. Noticed right away with doors:
Simple: 40 wood / 10 work
Good: 25 wood / 20 work
Did you mean for simple doors to take less wood? Seems like the good door should not only take more work, but more wood as part of its balancing.

2. Furniture:
When first starting I built a table and some stools right away. But not long after found some other furniture in the "Medieval" menu. Just wondering if you are planning to remove the stock Rimworld furniture?

3. Research:
a. For the life of me I can't find a research bench to build!! Hope this is me just being a dummy.
b. Is the intent to keep the stock Rimworld research in place as well as all your custom tabs? Or maybe all the stock Rimworld techs aren't in that Rimworld tab, I didn't really compare it directly to vanilla to check. So, I guess mostly just wondering about your plans on this.

Really like what you have so far, excellent job!!

CopaKindred

Somehow the Desk is gone as well, and we now have multiple Divinity tabs.

The-Eroks

Whoops... sorry for the delayed responses. The forum's have not been sending me emails when the thread was replied to. Quick Update - still balancing the wildPlants and wildAnimal appearance rates for various biomes. I had to create a data sheet which automatically calculates ratios based on type group, species, and a few other factors. This makes the biomes much more balanced, but its still tedious work. In the future, maybe I'll write a python script to automate taking the data off the table and automatically applying it, but right now we're doing it the old fashioned way ;)

Quote from: CopaKindred on August 18, 2017, 11:46:02 AM

1. Drop pods still land.
2. Item Caches may consist of shotguns
3. The AI still calls out crashed ship coordinates.
4. Characters may begin with packed MREs.
5. Material Names are still futuristic (IE Plasteel)
6. Engrish am need much update fort turtle.

1. Yep. Seems coded, so that'll have to wait for a 1.x release. I think in the mean time I'm simply going to replace the drop pop graphics with a sphere of light or something as such to at least make it more flavorful when pawns/items drop from the heavens.

2. Yep. Also seems coded, so that'll be a 1.x fix as well. In the mean time, I might attempt to slowly patch every original asset to simply be a generic treasure-looking item.

3. Yep. Haha, and also seems coded.  ;)

4. Can you provide some more information on this one? Are you referring to pawns that join the colony from outside factions or the starting adventurers?

5. Expect that to be fixed for 1.0. I had originally used your naming conventions for the [A16] release, but I think the names got lost in the conversation and they're somewhere on the to-do list.

6. Yep. Many of the mod comps I brought into the fold have non-thematic descriptions or some spelling/grammar issues. Expect all of those to be completely cleaned up by 1.1.

Quote from: The13thRonin on August 19, 2017, 02:49:17 PM
Could we get more screenshots of the tech tree?

How involved is it? Is it complex and rewarding?

I'll post a updated screenshot of the tech tree. I will say this: there is the way the tech tree is now and they way it's intended to be. Right now there are hundreds of technologies and its rather complex. However, there is a lot of blank space in the tech tree that will eventually be filled with appropriate stuff and the tree in general will likely go through several iterative improvements before version 2.x.

I'll be honest, I'm not 100% satisfied with the tech tree at the moment, so expect it change significantly at some point. I want to ideally have separate descriptions for when you view the project on the tree and when you actually research it, maybe some visual graphics on the tree, and I would love to implement an OR prerequisite capability to make the choices more interesting.

So... Complex: yes. Rewarding, err... yes?, in a broken-rubrics-cube sort of way.  ;D

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 20, 2017, 06:46:05 AM
Finally made some time to give this a try, everything looks great so far, and I love your writing at the beginning. Very immersive.

I have a couple questions/thoughts:

1. Noticed right away with doors:
Simple: 40 wood / 10 work
Good: 25 wood / 20 work
Did you mean for simple doors to take less wood? Seems like the good door should not only take more work, but more wood as part of its balancing.

2. Furniture:
When first starting I built a table and some stools right away. But not long after found some other furniture in the "Medieval" menu. Just wondering if you are planning to remove the stock Rimworld furniture?

3. Research:
a. For the life of me I can't find a research bench to build!! Hope this is me just being a dummy.
b. Is the intent to keep the stock Rimworld research in place as well as all your custom tabs? Or maybe all the stock Rimworld techs aren't in that Rimworld tab, I didn't really compare it directly to vanilla to check. So, I guess mostly just wondering about your plans on this.

Really like what you have so far, excellent job!!

Thanks for giving it a whirl and I appreciate the feedback.

1. Yes. Simple and Good doors should have scaling costs, additional material requirements, and work required. I'll add that to the bug list.

2. Yes. I plan to either remove or move the stock furniture around to make it more intuitive. What should be left in the furniture tab is unsorted or unique furniture items.

3a. I'll clean that up a bit, the thinking spot is the go to research bench at the moment. There is going to be an entirely new researching system put in place here eventually which is centered around collecting tombs in a library and actually doing experiments. But that's not going to get implemented until 1.x, at least. Therefore it would make sense to have a better interim solution.

3b. So the short answer is that the stock RimWorld Research will be removed (as far as the player can tell). However, I need to keep the actual ResearchDefs for compatibility reasons. Therefore, at some point I need to patch all of the stock research to take the label/description of Epic Omega researches, update my entire mod with the new defs, and than remove the tab. Having a stock tab is just an interim solution. This will allow a player to put another mod in, and if that mod attached it to a RimWorld Tech named whatever, that an EO tech of a similar name/function enables those features.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: The-Eroks on August 26, 2017, 03:05:52 PM
3a. I'll clean that up a bit, the thinking spot is the go to research bench at the moment. There is going to be an entirely new researching system put in place here eventually which is centered around collecting tombs in a library and actually doing experiments. But that's not going to get implemented until 1.x, at least. Therefore it would make sense to have a better interim solution.

Sorry to be a bother, still having trouble finding the research spot (the thinking spot)

Have looked through every single item in the architect menu and just not finding it. I have no other mods installed at all. By the way, you do have 2 "divine" items on the main architect menu. Nothing in either of them or the arcane. I apologize if I am just being a dolt and missing it, but it is certainly hiding from me pretty damn well if it there.

The-Eroks

I looked in to it further... definitely a bug (somehow that thinking spot got missed in a transition). Expect a 12b 12c sometime this evening.  ::)

In the mean time:

The Time Immortal
Vision of a Memory Shard
Precipice Spectra, First Fateweaver of the Guardian Order

[This memory appears to have been taken from Precipice Spearca, First Fateweaver of the Guardian Order, and recounts her first conversion with a Fatekeeper regarding her new role in the natural order of the universe.]

"The Time Immortal is said to be both an infinitesimal instant and an infinity of infinities in duration. At the end of The Third Age, marked by the moment of betrayal of The Shattered One, all energy and consciousness within all of existence was cast into The Time Immortal while the Throne Keepers determined, for the first time, the fate of everything. Such is the burden of the gods."

"These deliberations where thought be both serene and chaotic, hollowed and devious, and spanned to the end of time. But for all consciousness, to include the other deities themselves, they experienced only a blink, a drip in the ocean of eternity."

"At the start of The Fourth Age, the entities trapped in The Time Immortal were allowed to will themselves awake, guided by the Fateweavers, and usually in precedence by their otherworldly power and influence. For the most powerful souls, those of gods, goddesses, demigods, demon lords, archangles, and archdevils, they retained some recollections of the past age--and a significant portion of their freewill. These recollections, for the most powerful of the powerful, manifested themselves in actual memories (although fragmented), and to the least powerful, visions, hunches, and inclinations of a time and space long forgotten. The less than divine awoke based on their previous prestige and influence, sometimes stepping from The Time Immortal in an adulterated form and having only their dreams and goals to guide them. Most shifted into The Realm of Fates as keeperless souls, awaiting the creation of a Lifespark to transition into a new fate. Some still wait in The Time Immortal, waiting for the call of fate to guide them toward a new destiny."

"And that is our role... your role... as a Fateweaver."

Precipice didn't break eye contact with the Artificer Earthen. She watched as mountains rose and fell before the power of entire continents shifting, crashing and bleeding into one another and nothing.

"Precipice, you showed great promise in your life before and that is why you were reborn today--to guide those lesser and advise those greater."

As Precipice listened to the Fatekeeper speak, she stepped uncomfortably forward toward the Artificer Earthen. The Artificer Earthen towered over and around her and she was lost in its magnificent detail of the sphere--a planet slowly spinning in the blackness on a sea of stars. She reached out, but stopped short of touching it as she watched it fade into blackness and reappear as a world anew.

The Fatekeeper noticed Precipice's concerned dismay at the Artificer and continued, "the Shattered One and Eorth are one and the same. She sleeps forever, broken and subdued. Eorth is her prison and her heart. As she dreams, the words or thoughts she whispers cause Eorth to be reborn. Eorth's people are reborn as well, or shifted back to The Time Immortal or to the Realm of Fates."

The Fatekeeper misread Precipice's reaction toward the Artificer and concern over Eorth's inhabitants.

The Fatekeeper droned on, "...there are many wonders upon Eorth, as well as it being a central location to all other universes. This makes it a prime location for expeditions and adventurers alike..."

Precipice was instead overwhelmed with a single, consuming thought--but knew enough to never speak it: Why? Why was this the order of things?

BlackSmokeDMax

Thanks, looking forward to the new release! Will I be able to just delete the old folder and drop the new in? Or will this require a new save? Will give it a try tomorrow.

I want to also compliment you again on your writing! Great stuff.

pwndemic

Hello!
So, I've started playtesting with devmode on.
First of all, this mod is amazing! Thank you for working on it.

I am a game tester by profession, so if you'd like we can work out some better testing methods so I can be more efficient.

Here's my list of suggestions and some minor bugs (if I can read my messy writing on paper...):

---BUGS---
- Loading time is a bit too long in the game when mod is turned on.
- Skills in the "Incapable of" list not translated. They are the same as in the original game.
http://imgur.com/a/rlQas
- The quadhog is too low on the texture image file probably, because it appears lower on the tile than it should.
http://imgur.com/a/XBEQe
- The description texts are cut off in some places.
http://imgur.com/a/VMAPG
- Sugar cane plant is not selectable.
- No graphics for crashbug. Is this intentional? :D
http://imgur.com/a/hyA5h
- Can't put door blueprint on wall blueprint, like in the vanilla version.
http://imgur.com/a/EfJmO
- Error message when a pawn tried to pick up olives. It picked them up 2-3 at a time (ALL of the olives) before error message popped up again, but didn't do anything with them. Presumably, the pawn wanted to eat. After I ordered it to eat them, it did, but the pickup seemed to be a problem.
http://imgur.com/a/GZx8t

---SUGGESTIONS---
- Mod factions on the world map are all green. It's pretty difficult to tell them apart, can this be changed?
http://imgur.com/a/2BAuK
- "Select landing site" sounds strange in this context, maybe it could be changed to "Select starting site" or something similar?
- How about separating the basic attributes and the skills in different tabs? A good example of this would be the Psychology mod.
- The tree art could be reworked a bit. There are too many tiny details which cause interesting graphical phenomena (flickering), and it's hard to tell which growing stage the trees are in. A good example is the Vegetable Garden mod.
- Bamboo plant is really big, bigger than the trees. Can this be scaled down a little?
- There's way too much Nymph Hair on the map :D Can the spawn rate be adjusted? It's visually confusing because it cannot be selected or used for anything, and it's a really vibrant color.
http://imgur.com/a/ec2Vy
- Sound effect for failed contruction / workbench being put outside is a little too dramatic for these events. I thought something really big and terrible happened when I first heard it. Can this be changed?
- Harvesting trees destroys them completely. When just harvesting and not cutting them, they could instead stay where they are but with a set back fruit growth stage, like trees in the Vegetable Garden mod.
- Fruit trees don't give wood when cut down, but I feel like it would be a nice addition.
- Extra floor tiles for new materials could be added (like chert floor, claytone floor).
- A very minor suggestion, but would it be possible to add a visitor area? So traders and visitors don't go into bedrooms and disturb sleep.

That is all for the first two days for my colony, I hope I helped somewhat :)
I can help with the textures, if you're looking for someone :D
Thank you for your time!

BlackSmokeDMax

Here comes another list of questions/comments :)

Please let me know if you'd rather me not put these here. Whether that is you want them somewhere else, or you want to wait until the mod is further along for this type of feedback.

Anyway....

1. Stone Hearth - Awesome Graphic, like how it blends with the walls!
a. Does Flipping the "Power" switch stop the refueling
b. and in combo with a, which i suspect is true, when switch is flipped and not even fueled yet, I had a pawn attempting to "Attending to and stoking fire"

2. Wheat - it was harvested during planting of my grow zones, however it can't be set to be stored in any stockpile that I have found. I would assume it is an ingredient for flour later. I know corn is, so maybe you only have corn flour?

3. Butchering spot doesn't seem to work. Fairly basic settings, set to forever, no area restrictions on pawn. I then build a butchering table (likely still from vanilla) right next to the butchering spot and it worked just fine.
a. Before I had the butchering spot within my home area, selecting cook, and right clicking on the spot brought up something about not being able to repair or maintain it or something (should have paid more attention to that). I then put it in my home area and now selecting cook and right clicking on butchering spot produces no results. That is, no right click menu at all.

4. Just browsing through the tech tree: In the "Trade" tech, there was a likely mis-spelling of Tailoring as Trailoring.

5. Both Weak and Hungry Stew recipes allow rotten by default. Is that intended?

6. Saw my first dragon. It was a white dragon. For shits and giggles I figured I try and slay it. I saved first - preparing to save-scum for testing purposes, of course! :)  After that I draft all 4 of my pawns and send them after the dragon, 2 with ranged and 2 with melee. All with starting equipment. Setup just at range of crossbow and great bow. Dragon was dead long before it got near any pawns. Seems balance change is needed on that, was way too easy in my opinion. could have done that in the first 2 minutes of a fresh game. Looked at the melee dps on the draon before the fight and it was only 5.xx (I think, forget the actual number, again should have been paying more attention). That seems a bit low, there are certainly vanilla Rimworld creatures much more dangerous. I'd like to think a dragon should trump all of those. Btw it was 6 years old out of a 25 year life span. Like to see that life span dramatically increased as well.

7. Cherry Tree lacks "Harvest" command button, doesn't work with "Harvest" command from orders menu either, (message at top of screen when using harvest command from orders menu: Must designate harvestable sufficiently-grown plants. ) I'm assuming they should be harvestable as there are recipes. Can be chopped for wood with no problem. Lemon trees work fine!

I also have a separate game/install started where I tried a bunch of mods, and they all seem to be working fine. They are all quality of life mods, so I rather expected them to. Here is a list of what I have working with your mod:

<li>HugsLib</li>
    <li>EO Core V01B12c</li>
    <li>AllowDeadMansApparel</li>
    <li>CleaningArea</li>
    <li>HelpTab</li>
    <li>Hunting Alert</li>
    <li>Moody</li>
    <li>MorePlanning</li>
    <li>New Zone Tools</li>
    <li>OmniLocator</li>
    <li>QualityBuilder</li>
    <li>ImprovedWorkbenches</li>
    <li>726479594 Storage Search A17 2017_06_12</li>
    <li>771073854 Patch Storage Search A17 and Allow Fresh 2017_05_24</li>
    <li>WorkTab</li>

The storage search mod and patch were downloaded from Steam a while back and are older versions. I rename the folders on my system for my convenience so just an FYI to anyone looking they won't necessarily match with things out in the wild.

The "allow deadman's apparel" mod is one for adding a filter on stockpiles, not bypassing the wearing of deadman's clothing system.

I'm sure I haven't used every feature from every mod listed yet, but so far so good early game. No errors or weird lag or anything going on!

The-Eroks

Quote from: pwndemic on August 27, 2017, 11:25:06 AM
Hello!
So, I've started playtesting with devmode on.
First of all, this mod is amazing! Thank you for working on it.

Thanks!  ;D

QuoteI am a game tester by profession, so if you'd like we can work out some better testing methods so I can be more efficient.

I would greatly appreciate any advice in this area. I've basically got a google sheet for tracking bugs and my experience in that area amounts to a 5 minute search for a how to debug. That is so say, it's likely amateur (at best!)

Quote- Loading time is a bit too long in the game when mod is turned on.

I've noticed this as well. I think it might be related to XML patching (which I'm sure I could improve) but I'm not sure. If anybody is knowledgeable in this area, I would love some feedback.

Quote- Skills in the "Incapable of" list not translated. They are the same as in the original game.
http://imgur.com/a/rlQas
Tracking. This one will require a code modification (or at least, a considerable rebuild of all of the SkillDefs). In short, RimWorld keeps the backstories locked up in the code for whatever reason (I think because you can pay $$ to have your RL personal backstory implemented in game) -- and the effects of those backstories and the corresponding string are kept at the code level to project the integrity of those stories.

QuoteThe quadhog is too low on the texture image file probably, because it appears lower on the tile than it should.
http://imgur.com/a/XBEQe
I'll take a look at it.

Quote- The description texts are cut off in some places.
http://imgur.com/a/VMAPG
Is one is a known issue. The scroll bars/reading areas are hardcoded, so I'll have to whip up some code to add the bars. This effects the skills list too.

Quote- Sugar cane plant is not selectable.
Hmm... it should definitely be selectable  ::)

Quote- No graphics for crashbug. Is this intentional? :D
http://imgur.com/a/hyA5h
Yes and No. It's a known issue... it's just so small that it doesn't display I believe. I might drop the animal though, because it's not very fun to be bitten/attacked by an "invisible" bug (ghosts would be a different story, of course)

Quote- Can't put door blueprint on wall blueprint, like in the vanilla version.
http://imgur.com/a/EfJmO
Yep, known issue. It seems to be on RimWorld's side of the house--it effects things such as the wooden gates as well. I think ORW hacks walls/doors to allow doors to be placed over the blue prints instead of handling it at the .xml level. However, I haven't confirmed this as of yet, but I have done a review of the .xml and there doesn't seem to be any issues.

Quote- Error message when a pawn tried to pick up olives. It picked them up 2-3 at a time (ALL of the olives) before error message popped up again, but didn't do anything with them. Presumably, the pawn wanted to eat. After I ordered it to eat them, it did, but the pickup seemed to be a problem. http://imgur.com/a/GZx8t

Odd... I'll look into this as well.

Thanks for hunting these down! I'll add everything to my bug log and get them resolved ASAP.

The-Eroks

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 27, 2017, 01:15:42 PM
Here comes another list of questions/comments :)

Please let me know if you'd rather me not put these here. Whether that is you want them somewhere else, or you want to wait until the mod is further along for this type of feedback.

This is the best place for me. I prefer an open discussion, because, ideally, maybe somebody else could see your feedback and be inspired.

Quote1. Stone Hearth - Awesome Graphic, like how it blends with the walls!
a. Does Flipping the "Power" switch stop the refueling
b. and in combo with a, which i suspect is true, when switch is flipped and not even fueled yet, I had a pawn attempting to "Attending to and stoking fire"

The stone hearth is a Medieval Times item, so be sure to throw some praise at Vindar . It has a few main purposes, mainly as a joy object (to hangout around), to push heat (which consumes fuel), and to cook (which "doesn't" consume fuel, because that same fuel is being used to push heat). The switch should prevent it from pushing heat and cooking. The issue might be related to its JoyGiverDef, which is apparently active regardless of if it's on or off. I'll need to double check to ensure that's behaving as expected. If it is what I think it is, it might require coding to correct.

Quote2. Wheat - it was harvested during planting of my grow zones, however it can't be set to be stored in any stockpile that I have found. I would assume it is an ingredient for flour later. I know corn is, so maybe you only have corn flour?

Consider it fixed; as well as an ancillary bug related to grinding wheat/corn (corn and wheat should both be able to be ground into a single type of "flour"). Although, the wheat recipe has not been implemented yet. Both corn and wheat grinding are implemented  ;)

Quote3. Butchering spot doesn't seem to work. Fairly basic settings, set to forever, no area restrictions on pawn. I then build a butchering table (likely still from vanilla) right next to the butchering spot and it worked just fine.
Fixed. I'm learning so much about WorkGiverDefs today  ;D

Quote4. Just browsing through the tech tree: In the "Trade" tech, there was a likely mis-spelling of Tailoring as Trailoring.

Fixxied.

What are your thoughts/first impressions of the tech tree?

Quote5. Both Weak and Hungry Stew recipes allow rotten by default. Is that intended?
Nope... I'll look into this.

Quote6. Saw my first dragon. It was a white dragon. For shits and giggles I figured I try and slay it. I saved first - preparing to save-scum for testing purposes, of course! :)  After that I draft all 4 of my pawns and send them after the dragon, 2 with ranged and 2 with melee. All with starting equipment. Setup just at range of crossbow and great bow. Dragon was dead long before it got near any pawns. Seems balance change is needed on that, was way too easy in my opinion. could have done that in the first 2 minutes of a fresh game. Looked at the melee dps on the draon before the fight and it was only 5.xx (I think, forget the actual number, again should have been paying more attention). That seems a bit low, there are certainly vanilla Rimworld creatures much more dangerous. I'd like to think a dragon should trump all of those. Btw it was 6 years old out of a 25 year life span. Like to see that life span dramatically increased as well.

Noted. I haven't started balancing the actual monsters quite yet, as I'm still trying to get the weapon/armor balance correct. Once the weapons/armor are worked out, I can get an idea about the DPS and toughness of a standard adventurer and address it from there. When converting the attack verbs of the creatures over, I used a lot of placeholders, so Dragons, I suspect, are pushovers right now  ;)

I do like the idea of increasing their max life to something more thematic  :D

Quote7. Cherry Tree lacks "Harvest" command button, doesn't work with "Harvest" command from orders menu either, (message at top of screen when using harvest command from orders menu: Must designate harvestable sufficiently-grown plants. ) I'm assuming they should be harvestable as there are recipes. Can be chopped for wood with no problem. Lemon trees work fine!

Haha, yeah... I think I deleted the cherries by accident at some point  :-[ In a 1.x or 2.0 release, after the bulk of the XML editing is complete, I would like to implement a feature such that you can harvest or chop fruit trees. Harvesting for fruit trees would allow you to "pick" the tree, while chopping would yield wood. It'll require coding though.

I also have a separate game/install started where I tried a bunch of mods, and they all seem to be working fine. They are all quality of life mods, so I rather expected them to. Here is a list of what I have working with your mod:[/quote]

Do you mind if I steal that list and post it on the front page/in the mod's readme? I have been meaning to test/incorporate a number of QoL mods, but the dilemma is, of course, the time required to hunt/test vs. focus of the project right now. It would be very helpful to others to know which mods work and which don't  :)

QuoteI'm sure I haven't used every feature from every mod listed yet, but so far so good early game. No errors or weird lag or anything going on!

Thanks! I really appreciate you taking the hard look at this stuff. If you have any other thoughts, feedback, or ideas... please let me know!

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: The-Eroks on August 28, 2017, 09:22:00 PM
What are your thoughts/first impressions of the tech tree?

It's probably a bit early for any real assessment, but so far, nothing I have researched seems to have opened anything. Not sure if that is my selecting things that are really designed just as stepping stones to later things, or just early in the dev process. Overall, it does seem to work well, and is easily understood even being the long skinny type of tree. I also happened to have fairly bad researchers without any passion, so it is slow going still. Some more flavor text in each techs description would be certainly welcome. But again, I think you are still fairly early in an overall process, so I am certainly not complaining!

Haha, yeah... I think I deleted the cherries by accident at some point  :-[ In a 1.x or 2.0 release, after the bulk of the XML editing is complete, I would like to implement a feature such that you can harvest or chop fruit trees. Harvesting for fruit trees would allow you to "pick" the tree, while chopping would yield wood. It'll require coding though.

Oh, thought you had that running already. That is why I made the comment about the lemon trees working. They seem to be fully functional as far as both harvesting and chopping. Maybe you just need to copy whatever you have for the lemon tree over to the cherry tree??

Do you mind if I steal that list and post it on the front page/in the mod's readme? I have been meaning to test/incorporate a number of QoL mods, but the dilemma is, of course, the time required to hunt/test vs. focus of the project right now. It would be very helpful to others to know which mods work and which don't  :)

Please, feel free! I'd recommend putting the disclaimer that they haven't been fully tested for all their features, but certainly they are not causing any issues with general game play so far, which is a big positive. Couple of them are definitely not the most up-to-date versions, but most are. Specifically Storage Search (and it's auxiliary patch) has been switched to Rimworld Search Agency, which I have not downloaded or tested in any games yet, including with your modpack.

Think the rest may be up-to-date, but not sure I checked all of them. I keep a list of all mods I use in a spreadsheet with links to original thread and/or download location. I then keep an archive of all the mods I download and select and install from there rather than going to the download every time. Usually once a month or so, I go through my spreadsheet and click the links to all the mods and see if the version at the link matches the version number in my spreadsheet.

Thanks! I really appreciate you taking the hard look at this stuff. If you have any other thoughts, feedback, or ideas... please let me know!

You are certainly welcome, I enjoy the process of seeing and playing new creations as they evolve!

The-Eroks

Quote from: pwndemic on August 27, 2017, 11:25:06 AM
---SUGGESTIONS---
- Mod factions on the world map are all green. It's pretty difficult to tell them apart, can this be changed?
http://imgur.com/a/2BAuK

I don't disagree. The map is saturated with green at the moment as those are friendly factions. Some near future releases will see a few other colors (red for hostiles, yellow for neutral monsters, white/gray for landmarks) and this should spread things out a bit. I might also experiment with using a solid color symbol with a colored boarder to represent the different types of factions.

Quote- "Select landing site" sounds strange in this context, maybe it could be changed to "Select starting site" or something similar?
I agree. As soon as I hunt down where this string is at in the game files, it'll get changed.

Quote- How about separating the basic attributes and the skills in different tabs? A good example of this would be the Psychology mod.
I'll check that out. Once coding gets underway, the character screen will under go some significant revision. One of the goals is to make the character screen more akin to something you'd see in a DnD style RPG.

Quote- The tree art could be reworked a bit. There are too many tiny details which cause interesting graphical phenomena (flickering), and it's hard to tell which growing stage the trees are in. A good example is the Vegetable Garden mod.
Hmm... I'll experiment with this at some point. I did notice the trees do have some graphical quarks.

Quote- Bamboo plant is really big, bigger than the trees. Can this be scaled down a little?
Haha, maybe I'll count that as a feature  ;)

Quote- There's way too much Nymph Hair on the map :D Can the spawn rate be adjusted? It's visually confusing because it cannot be selected or used for anything, and it's a really vibrant color.
http://imgur.com/a/ec2Vy
I do agree that given its vibrancy, it may be too much.

Quote- Sound effect for failed contruction / workbench being put outside is a little too dramatic for these events. I thought something really big and terrible happened when I first heard it. Can this be changed?
Agreed. It should be simple enough... I'll look into it.

Quote- Harvesting trees destroys them completely. When just harvesting and not cutting them, they could instead stay where they are but with a set back fruit growth stage, like trees in the Vegetable Garden mod.
- Fruit trees don't give wood when cut down, but I feel like it would be a nice addition.
Agreed! These are planned futures once I get around to the coding part.

Quote- Extra floor tiles for new materials could be added (like chert floor, claytone floor).
There should be floor tiles for the new materials, so if they're not appearing correctly, that's a bug. I'll look into it.

Quote- A very minor suggestion, but would it be possible to add a visitor area? So traders and visitors don't go into bedrooms and disturb sleep.
QoL is an important consideration. I think I'm going to try to compile a list of QoL mods that work with EO without issue. This request, in particular, I think is handled by another mod already. If you can hunt it down and confirm it works (or any other QoL mods), that would be very helpful.  ;D

Thanks again for taking a hard look at this WIP!