[A17] Epic Omega - Fantasy Total Conversion (WIP - Build 13c) [29 Oct 17]

Started by The-Eroks, April 02, 2017, 01:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Eroks

The next will be 13c for [A17] (sometime today once I finish up a few things), after that we're going to assess the development situation (ie, what do we want to get done for Build 14 or should we continue our focus on Build 13's design goals?) and than start working on an A18 release. So when exactly 13d/14a for [A18] will be released is TBD.

The-Eroks

B U I L D   1 3 C

Massive build for this one with numerous changes/bug fixes. Here are few of the mains:
- Implemented Ethos System
- Implemented More Traits, Editable Backstories, and Pawns Are Capable
- Greatly Improved Research Tree (now about 725% more user friendly)
- Improved Monster Spawning
- Resolved "The Insulation Bug" -- now you're pawns shouldn't be dying of heat stroke all the time  :)
- Resolved "The Storage Pot Bug" -- now you can actually store stuff in those Pots and Racks

AND A18 is right around the corner... what a great time to be alive.  ;D

MCreeper

Dropbox link still gives 13b version

what is NONE- art student?  :D
when someone is horrifyed (or happy) at someone's death, i got this.

Seen this only with this ones.
This should be "scared" or "sacred"?

"Self-lothing" sounds VERY strange, but probably WAD, because you can't make the same typo two times in a row, and it was OK before.

Japanese faction got deleted, but weapons not. Alright, i guess, we finding katanas in roguelikes all the time, even when there should be none.  ;D

There are two techs that claim that they allow to build billiard table - architecture and mercantilism.

And just this. I attacked someone's base with my 4 starting pawns. And more or less succeed, because of sheer amount of enemy teamkilling archers.  ;D

The-Eroks

Quote from: MCreeper on October 30, 2017, 07:05:57 AM
Dropbox link still gives 13b version

Fixed.  ;)

Quotewhat is NONE- art student?  :D
Short answer: Bug. Fixed.
Long answer: There are many backstories in RW, and it was easiest to 'turn-off' everything, than turn back on the ones that were relevant. One of my goals is still to use all of them (since many people did pay to get them in the game to begin with, and it's part of RW's charm), but it'll take time and effort to review/tweek/rewrite the stories for a fantasy setting. "Art Student" appears to have slipped between the cracks.

Quotewhen someone is horrifyed (or happy) at someone's death, i got this.
*sigh* I thought I removed all my placeholder art markings  ::) haha, I'll correct that and push out a hot fix today or tomorrow since that is pretty annoying.

(BBL!)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: The-Eroks on October 30, 2017, 08:30:00 AM
Quotewhen someone is horrifyed (or happy) at someone's death, i got this.
*sigh* I thought I removed all my placeholder art markings  ::) haha, I'll correct that and push out a hot fix today or tomorrow since that is pretty annoying.

(BBL!)

Will you be updating to 13d at that point, or just replacing 13c in the original post?

Rainyface

First of all, loving the direction this is going. Even with all the base game assets I'm managing to get a good bit of a Fantasyworld feel out of it. :D

Second, some things I've ran into while playing, mostly minor stuff.
- I had a pirate drop attack with base game firearms that was a little bit out of place. I'm running the more faction bases mod in case maybe that messed with things, but installing the Medieval World mod on top seems to have re-armed them with more appropriate weapons since.
- Neither the Pulley nor Siege Weapons techs actually seem to do anything, at least not among the build tabs (in Defenses where I'd expect to find them). Am I missing something? Saw you're doing some substantial work with the research still so maybe it's something falling between the cracks for the time being. I checked the def files and saw the ballista referred to siege weapons but my modding knowledge is rather limited so I'm not sure what might cause the techs to effectively not unlock the building projects they reference.
- (Minor) I started noticing the power-tool whirring quite a bit after a while when constructing things. Just a tiny bit jarring but maybe on the to do list already?

CrazyMalk

Looks awesome! Is that a Basilisk from the Community Fantasy Animals mod in the second image? I was trying to continue that and code the Basilisk petrification skill, but if you already got it, nice.

cesarjunior233

Add monster girl mod and magic when ?

Harry_Dicks

Anyone know what happened to the author or the state of this mod? Looked like it was turning out quite nicely.

The-Eroks

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 15, 2018, 11:07:56 AM
Anyone know what happened to the author or the state of this mod? Looked like it was turning out quite nicely.

I'm technically still around  ;) I fell off the planet for about four (five?) months... it's sort of a downside to my current occupation and family life. Work was on unofficial hiatus, but I might be able to get a hotfix out by the end of the month. But no promises.

First, I gotta find my old teammates a apologize for disappearing, again.  :-[

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: The-Eroks on February 17, 2018, 05:53:06 PM
I'm technically still around  ;) I fell off the planet for about four (five?) months... it's sort of a downside to my current occupation and family life. Work was on unofficial hiatus, but I might be able to get a hotfix out by the end of the month. But no promises.

Hey you're alive! ;D That's good to hear you might be able to patch it to B18! Please, take your time, because if you are able to do this, I think it will be amazing! I am curious, could you maybe a rough estimate of how much you feel this mod is complete?

Also, I am very interested in your unique content, and I really would like to see the alignment system and all of the D&D aspects. Does this mean that pawns will have stats like a D&D character?

I have already updated Rimshire Music and More Consumables and Mutagens to B18, and can let you have them if you would like and it could help you out. :)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: The-Eroks on February 17, 2018, 05:53:06 PM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 15, 2018, 11:07:56 AM

First, I gotta find my old teammates a apologize for disappearing, again.  :-[

Glad to see you here! It'd be great to see an update but of course take care of your family first!

The-Eroks

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 17, 2018, 08:29:02 PM
Hey you're alive! ;D That's good to hear you might be able to patch it to B18! Please, take your time, because if you are able to do this, I think it will be amazing! I am curious, could you maybe a rough estimate of how much you feel this mod is complete?

I appreciate the support! In terms of how complete the mod is, it depends on ones perspective. I'll provide a few:

In regards to 1.0:
- Short Answer: We're closer to a 1.0 release than we were when we started.  ;)
- Long Answer: The original design strategy was to get a mostly XML-only fantasy themed mod produced for version 1.0. I needed to learn RW's .xml structure and haven't taught myself C# yet. So the challenge was, how far can we push an XML-Only mod?. Turns out, pretty far. We have added a few modules here and there to achieve some in-demand features/design goals, but the focus is to remain on XML for now. Having said all, there are still some much needed XML-only features that we want to get added before an official Version 1.0 release. Additionally, there are plenty of minor bugs and other feedback that we need to address as well. We've got a responsibility to make sure the 1.0 is fun and playable.

In regards to the Epic Omega vision:
- Short Answer: There is a long way to go.
- Long Answer: Epic Omega was intended to be epic. The original concept was running a settlement where you could grab four adventurers, explore the wilderness, find a dungeon, defeat the dragon, uncover a portal to a nearby dimension, discover a plot to awaken a fallen deity, and than either foil that plot to save the universe or join that fallen deity's quest to end all of existence. Or do none of that, and be the leader of a bustling city that was a center of trade while managing the various guilds, politics and intrigue. Or do none of that, and just wander the landscape seeking adventure and gold. There is to be magic, and deities, and quests, and exploration, and all sorts of other RPG stuff. Those items are much, much further down the road.

QuoteAlso, I am very interested in your unique content, and I really would like to see the alignment system and all of the D&D aspects. Does this mean that pawns will have stats like a D&D character?
Long term goal is for pawns to have a DnD style character sheet, more or less. That'll be a Version 2.0+ thing. The current goal is to make the current character interface seem as inspired by a DnD style character sheet as possible, and aside from a re-skinning, I think we're there... at present, pawns follow certain deities, have alignments, traits, ability scores, and a few skills.

QuoteI have already updated Rimshire Music and More Consumables and Mutagens to B18, and can let you have them if you would like and it could help you out. :)
That would be helpful. PM me a link!