[1.0]Enhanced Battery

Started by nukafrog, November 03, 2018, 08:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nukafrog

Enhanced Battery Mod provides Five more available Batteries and three additional Research.
Each battery has its own characteristics and is designed to suit the vanilla.

Feature
- Add New Research
- Add Five Batteries

ChargeBack Battery&Proto: Provides step-by-step energy supply for each active cell.
Speed Charge Battery: Efficiency increases when energy is low.
ResonanceCell Battery: Energy production increases with the number of resonant cells around it.
VoidCell Battery: When energy is low, power production and charging efficiency increase.

Special Thanks: Gloomylynx

*The preview image is a sample.Actual performance is balanced to match the vanilla.*

STEAM INSTALLATION
Go to the Steam Workshop page and subscribe it.

NON-STEAM INSTALLATION
Download and unzip it into RimWorld\Mods\* folder.

License
Code: MIT
Texture: Gloomylynx

Kapun

Looks promising
Is it just me or the descriptions of the batteries aren't really clear? What does "step-by-step energy supply" mean? Is it balanced to have a battery with more than 100% efficiency (i am talking about SpeedCharge)? ResonanceCell and VoidCell Batteries both store and produce energy without any cost or downsides?

WereCat88

So the  ChargeBack battery (normal and proto) produce energy when energy is being consumed from them?
I am The Primal Mammelon

Canute

nukafrog,
thanks for these nice batteries. Nice textures and nice new ideas (Resonace cell).
But the max. charging rate of the Speedcharge is higher then 100%.
Technical it would mean it would store more energy then availble.
I would set the curve to 100-50% instead of 150-80%.

And a suggestion about the Github link.
Just use
https://github.com/jhjjgu0115/Enhanced_Battery/releases/
then you don't need to change the link each new release.
Ofcouse you can keep the direct download link if you change it with every release too :-)
Btw. could you enhance the release zip to include a modname folder ?

Alex3Wood

Hey so nothing to do with this mod, except you said thanks to a person named "gloomylynx" my modpack is giving an error that says that sort of? I couldnt find another instance of this person or profile anywhere or a fix to the error.

"
Exception in BreadthFirstTraverse: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Gloomylynx.TantrumPatch.CheckForDisturbedSleepPrefix (Verse.Pawn) <0x00014>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.CheckForDisturbedSleep_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn) <0x00016>
at Verse.Pawn.HearClamor (Verse.Thing,Verse.ClamorDef) <0x0008a>
at Verse.GenClamor/<DoClamor>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Verse.Region) <0x0014d>
at Verse.RegionTraverser/BFSWorker.BreadthFirstTraverseWork (Verse.Region,Verse.RegionEntryPredicate,Verse.RegionProcessor,int,Verse.RegionType) <0x0009e>
at Verse.RegionTraverser.BreadthFirstTraverse (Verse.Region,Verse.RegionEntryPredicate,Verse.RegionProcessor,int,Verse.RegionType) <0x000c1>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.RegionTraverser:BreadthFirstTraverse(Region, RegionEntryPredicate, RegionProcessor, Int32, RegionType)
Verse.GenClamor:DoClamor(Thing, Single, ClamorDef)
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick_Patch2(Object)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()
"