DF Style Succession Game!

Started by -Bounty-, April 06, 2017, 04:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Bounty-

The Concept
I've always enjoyed the concept of succession games. In Dwarf Fortress, they always seem to be a riot and add so much to a story. Applying the same approach to Rimworld seems like a no brainer. So, without further ado, let us begin!

How It Works
If we are going to do this without it descending into madness, we need to have an orderly queue for your turn to play. (Other people can still play, their experiences just won't be "Canon") To play, you will need at least basic experience with the game; i.e being able to set orders, construct things, and so on. This (hopefully) means that a lot of high and low skill players will have a turn, leading to more confusion, and more fun. Each turn will go on for 24 hours real time (negotiable for timezone) before you must halt your projects, save, and hand it over to the next player. Pictures and storytelling is optional, but encouraged.
If you do not take your turn within 24 hours, you will be skipped.

Game Details
For maximum accessibility, the experience will be unmodded.
This means turn off your mods. All of them.
The difficulty will be Cassandra Classic, Extreme, and we will begin on a 100% generated world (Sorry if your PC is relatively slow,  we just want the max amount of space for shenanigans) in an Arid region (Remember, you can always caravan onwards to more exciting regions) as the Crashlanded Survivors.

Player List

• Bounty
  • EMPTY
  • EMPTY
  • EMPTY
  • EMPTY

I BEGIN MY TURN!

-Bounty-

Put your name below and ask to enter. First come, first served.

AngleWyrm

Sign me up

This looks like fun, I'll give it a whirl for a day.
Is the hand-off going to be a save-file attachment to the post?

For those who worked hard to set up their mod list order and would like to keep that effort stored, get the Mod List Backup mod by Scuba156. It makes it easy to have lots of mod set configurations and switch between them.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Iglpigl

RyanRim

Why do I have the feeling that on Extreme after 3 days it goes into spam like LoL forums. Just a thought.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

AngleWyrm

In accordance with the rules of succession, -Bounty- forfeits their turn. IRL, time constraints, dog ate my homework, blah blah blah.

Welcome to planet Tumbleweeds, where a group of three crashed survivors find themselves wondering how to survive in this Arid climate. The Desert Rats, they called themselves.

Barbara Sandwalker, her daughter Wendy and some chick who happened to be lucky enough to be near them when the ship exploded -- Patty.
They landed by the seashore, where there was limestone and granite for building, a year-long growing  cycle and friendly natives nearby.

The landing site had an Ancient Danger that was already exposed to the weather by falling debris from the ship; it was a large steel chamber with half a dozen sleeping pods inside. And it was nestled into the side of a defensible pocket in the terrain that would make a fine place to live.
So we moved into the building with the ancient artifacts still humming quietly in the background. We walled off a cold storage freezer inside, a barracks sleeping area and a basic kitchen/dining area.

Near the entrance to our little slice of this world, we set up a rock processing facility with a couple stone working benches, independent power and stock areas for chunks and for blocks. Since wood was going to be a scarce resource, we set up a windmill and battery for additional power. There was also a region of rich, fertile soil in the south end of our space, where we planted rice, healroot and some smokeleaf.

And a wanderer joined us; he's a brawler who's proud of his research skills, so we call him TuffGuy and he's been doing the hauling and cleaning.

NEXT!
save file zipped and attached

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

AngleWyrm

What, no one want's to open the caskets?

C'mon, it'll be fun... 3:)

Greep

Hah, I think extreme is a little ambitious for a community game.  Just had one end on season two on rough.  Yes.  The second turn.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0