New challenges?

Started by piranha, April 07, 2017, 08:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piranha

Hi,

I am looking for some new extreme challenges to survive!
I already managed to create stable colonies in the following scenarios:

- Sea Ice
- Extreme desert
- Mountain Bunker (directly dig into a mountain after game start and never come out again)
- Isolated Sect (attacking and killing everyone trying to join the colony)

Now i'm running out of ideas, so maybe someone has a cool and crazy idea for another extreme scenario?

Cheers!

=====================================

Since there came up some pretty nice ideas in this thread, i compiled a list of challenges. I will update the list frequently.
So if anyone is looking for some new experiences, try one of these:

- Sea Ice: Well known, start on a sea ice biome, average temperature about -100c (-148f)
- Extreme Desert: The opposite of sea ice, start on an extreme desert biome. For extra challenge, heat up the planet to maximum.
- Bunker: Dig into a mountain right after gamestart and never leave it again. Since drops from orbital traders are always placed outside, you might be allowed to leave the bunker to collect them.
- Lone Wolves: Just 2 colonists, anyone who joins will get killed (in A17, just one colonist)
- Melee only: Only melee combat allowed (except EMP Grenades and EMP Mortar), no turrets (b0rsuk)
- The Run: As soon as you get raided (by raiders or wild animals), you have to abandon your colony and move to another place. No combat at all! Goal is to reach the spaceship location. (keylocke)
- Madhouse: Recruit and keep everyone, do it on a small map. (JimmyAgnt007)
- Beastmaster: Pawns are not allowed to attack, but you can tame animals who will do the attacking for you. Collect as many different animals as possible. (keylocke)
- Invasion: Start with 6 pawns and 4 muffalos, all good in combat and well equipped. Try to raid as many settlements as possible, you are not allowed to build or harvest anything. Only attack, sleep, heal and eat.

more to come..

NinjaDiscoJew

If you have time, you can make a VERY customized scenario.
Tutorial on how to do this-https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1963.0

piranha

Thanks for the tutorial, really good one and great for creating clean replayable scenarios instead of using savegames!

I guess there is no way to actually paint a map? That would be awesome!

b0rsuk

Pure melee colony:
  • The only ranged weapons you are allowed to use are EMP Grenades and EMP Mortar
  • You must not use turrets.

Canute

Play Hardcore-sk mod, and fight zeon with mellee ! :-)

keylocke

everyone is incapable of violent/scary and all skills except hauling/cleaning, everyone is abrasive/volatile/bloodthirsty, no turret, extreme mode.

the only way to survive is to keep running away in an exodus towards the freebie spaceship.

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: keylocke on April 08, 2017, 07:51:06 AM
everyone is incapable of violent/scary and all skills except hauling/cleaning, everyone is abrasive/volatile/bloodthirsty, no turret, extreme mode.

the only way to survive is to keep running away in an exodus towards the freebie spaceship.
Pacifist colony! I like it.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

minimurgle

Allow me to do some shameless self promotion here and say that my jumble of mods includes a story teller and difficulty Quite a bit harder than vanilla

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31573.0
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.

piranha

I tried this, and yeah, its a lot of fun!! Finished it on the second try, but i was lucky because the escape point was pretty near. Will definitly do it again, thanks a lot!

Only problem is when your caravan got raided, because you have to fight them off, i did not found a way to flee from a caravan raid..

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: piranha on April 11, 2017, 11:18:22 AM

I tried this, and yeah, its a lot of fun!! Finished it on the second try, but i was lucky because the escape point was pretty near. Will definitly do it again, thanks a lot!

Only problem is when your caravan got raided, because you have to fight them off, i did not found a way to flee from a caravan raid..
Do the raiders leave once they steal enough loot from your caravan?
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

piranha

Quote from: Hans Lemurson on April 11, 2017, 09:00:05 PM
Quote from: piranha on April 11, 2017, 11:18:22 AM

Do the raiders leave once they steal enough loot from your caravan?

haven't tried that, i was always pretty low on resources with the caravan, only carrying food and medicine.. but will test it next time.

JimmyAgnt007

Recruit and Keep EVERYONE.  All the useless bed ridden people, firestarters, and when you down people in raids, recruit them regardless of how low your chances are.  And do it on the smallest map possible.

piranha

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on April 12, 2017, 09:28:13 AM
Recruit and Keep EVERYONE.  All the useless bed ridden people, firestarters, and when you down people in raids, recruit them regardless of how low your chances are.  And do it on the smallest map possible.

Don't know why, but this reminds me of the Simpsons episode in which Homer clones himself over and over (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_1D73LjpAU) ;)

But thanks for all the suggestions, keeps me busy for the next days!

b0rsuk

Piranha, is pure melee too easy for you ?

piranha

Quote from: b0rsuk on April 13, 2017, 07:46:23 AM
Piranha, is pure melee too easy for you ?

No way, i think its actually too stressful, especially in later game when raids become larger.. I like the non combat related scenarios more.
It would probably be more enjoyable if the raids would also use melee only..