[1.5] Star Wars - A RimWorld Series (4/8/2024)

Started by jecrell, April 09, 2017, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warforyou

Quote from: Canute on June 15, 2017, 01:22:46 PM
- I think the exp gain for Force is a bit to much. Should be lowred by 50-75%.

- I think pawn's shouldn't get Force XP from regular task. They should get a big exp gain from using their abilities. And small exp gain when they are meditate on the pads (should be forceable like the training items from Misc. mod). Meditate at the pad should move their alignment too.

- Choke is a bit to strong, not only stun the target, at adept/master it allways down the target for short while. Easy way to capture the target. The chance to down the target should be lowered.

- The tailoring bench got plenty of these noncraftable faction appearals.

- custom (sith) robes crafting is far to cheap, just 50 material, even a duster need 80. Not to speak about these very high stats compared to a duster.

I agree on this. Furthermore I think that all weapons from this mod should be revised and have their cost greatly increased (i.e. stormtroopers' weapons could require uranium and more components). And you should definetely add research prerequisites for all the craftable gear. I guess that stromtroopers weaponry could use charged shot as prerequisite or sth like that. Otherwise the mod and Power system are just great!

Canute

I encounter a little problem.
Does the mediation pad's work and shift the aligment in the proper way ? I didn't notice any after some meditations.
One of my ex-sith lord used to much heal other,mind trick and went grey. Now he can't use any of the sith skills anymore because they are Master.

mojavedreams

Guys is it normal for one jedi to get shot and killed by one guy with a rifle? they seem so weak its stopping me from playing atm. I wanted to build a temple in my colony just for jedi but they just die all the time and cant reflect hardly anything. I also have rimsenal mods but it seems no matter who they are facing they just die.

in my head i was thinking 1 jedi should be able to stop at least 10 people am i wrong?

Warforyou

Try giving them personal shields and some training in melee.

Canute

Quote from: mojavedreams on June 25, 2017, 05:18:34 PM
Guys is it normal for one jedi to get shot and killed by one guy with a rifle? they seem so weak its stopping me from playing atm. I wanted to build a temple in my colony just for jedi but they just die all the time and cant reflect hardly anything. I also have rimsenal mods but it seems no matter who they are facing they just die.

in my head i was thinking 1 jedi should be able to stop at least 10 people am i wrong?
I got Rimarsenal too. But when 10 people with weapons attack they put out many bullets, ofcourse some bullets still can hit the jedi. Not to speak about explosion weapons.
Ofcourse you need a lightsaber for the best deflect results. What deflection chance it is shown at the information "i" button.

You should train self heal and defence too. Defence generate a personal shield you can shoot out. Not to speak about the Ghost, a very strong distracting attacker (don't forget to click at him after the summon to activate his lightsaber).

Hammerskyne

Quote from: Canute on June 26, 2017, 03:12:37 AM
I got Rimarsenal too. But when 10 people with weapons attack they put out many bullets, ofcourse some bullets still can hit the jedi. Not to speak about explosion weapons.
Of course you need a lightsaber for the best deflect results. What deflection chance it is shown at the information "i" button.

You should train self heal and defense too. Defense generate a personal shield you can shoot out. Not to speak about the Ghost, a very strong distracting attacker (don't forget to click at him after the summon to activate his lightsaber).

I started my colony with two force sensitives sans-lightsabers, and picked up another 5 jedi total over time (up to 16 total colonists) and all I can say is they're really, really not weak. The lightsaber deflection has a big problem with making the pawns stutter step and in extreme cases never actually get in range of anyone to attack them, and the tendency of my Jedi to reflect shots back at their allies makes supporting them a hassle, but I'm not joking when I say either of my two Sith masters can solo Glittertech commando raids. Maybe try leveling saber defense preferentially if your main problem is pawns taking shots?

Also, (and sorry if this isn't the right thread for this) I have a philosophical and a bit of a game design problem with the force powers/alignment system. From a GD perspective, locking out powers we've already learned if our alignment shifts too far sucks really hard, as it means a high level Sith who has maxed all his darkside powers, but heals and shields too many times in a particular battle, can totally screw himself and lock himself out of ever going darkside again. Added to that; from what I understand of the 'lore' of star wars, Grey Jedi should be able to use anything and everything. Hell, any Jedi should be able to cast whatever. Alignment needs to do something different; whether it's simply gating powers and more power to the player if they manage to get enough levels and work around it to have a Grey master of all, to my preferred solution of a sliding power or cooldown boost to powers on one side or the other dependent on current alignment.

jecrell

I can do that. We should also have a multiplier in the menu for other people who want even slower leveling.

Quote- I think pawn's shouldn't get Force XP from regular task. They should get a big exp gain from using their abilities. And small exp gain when they are meditate on the pads (should be forceable like the training items from Misc. mod). Meditate at the pad should move their alignment too.
We have plans in motion for moving it to separate objects to train force XP. Everyone agrees on this.

Quote- Choke is a bit to strong, not only stun the target, at adept/master it allways down the target for short while. Easy way to capture the target. The chance to down the target should be lowered.
Again, this is doable.

Quote- The tailoring bench got plenty of these noncraftable faction appearals.
We agree on having two benches. We're going to make a locked "imperial" bench for Imperial apparel, and a general extra workbench with Star Wars objects loaded in it to avoid overclustering the menus. Unless, you have another idea in mind?

Quote- custom (sith) robes crafting is far to cheap, just 50 material, even a duster need 80. Not to speak about these very high stats compared to a duster.
I'm talking it over with Xen.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Quote from: CoopTang on June 17, 2017, 12:37:22 PM
Is there a combatibility patch for Combat Extended?  I know some people say it works fine, but there's no bullet deflection.
There is not currently. If someone wants to make one, please let us know.

jecrell

Quote from: Warforyou on June 23, 2017, 10:47:07 PM

- I think pawn's shouldn't get Force XP from regular task. They should get a big exp gain from using their abilities. And small exp gain when they are meditate on the pads (should be forceable like the training items from Misc. mod). Meditate at the pad should move their alignment too.

- Choke is a bit to strong, not only stun the target, at adept/master it allways down the target for short while. Easy way to capture the target. The chance to down the target should be lowered.

- custom (sith) robes crafting is far to cheap, just 50 material, even a duster need 80. Not to speak about these very high stats compared to a duster.

I agree on this. Furthermore I think that all weapons from this mod should be revised and have their cost greatly increased (i.e. stormtroopers' weapons could require uranium and more components). And you should definetely add research prerequisites for all the craftable gear. I guess that stromtroopers weaponry could use charged shot as prerequisite or sth like that. Otherwise the mod and Power system are just great!

Alrighty. I'll look into it.

SNKcell

Any plans to expand the powers of sith/jedi?

I always go full sith or jedi, no mix and most of the time a feel like there should effects of those powers besides power in normal work in the colony, buffs to mood and some types of work

It is possible to make a master-padawan relation? could be cool, jedi with multiple students and sith with the one master one student rule

Great mod!

khearn

Quote from: SNKcell on June 29, 2017, 06:45:05 PM
Any plans to expand the powers of sith/jedi?

I always go full sith or jedi, no mix and most of the time a feel like there should effects of those powers besides power in normal work in the colony, buffs to mood and some types of work

The dark side can be very motivating.

Lester: "But there are manhunter boomrats out there!"
Darth Engie: "Boomrats do not concern me, Gatherer Lester, I want those berries!"

Igams

I agree with everything here completely. This is my favorite mod but I think a lot of us feel it's too unbalanced right now.

I'd like to suggest that force sensitive traits should be rarer. Lore wise Force sensitivity occurred in only around 1% of the population. Now it doesn't need to be that rare but I think making it rarer would do a lot to address the balance of how powerful just a few Force users are, without having to actually weaken the Force users themselves. As it is right now I think they're way too common.

Basically, making force EXP rates much slower, Force sensitivity itself much rarer, and greatly increasing the price of the new items is the easiest way to balance out the mod. Personally I'd rather see these balancing issues addressed before new content is added.

This next part isn't as important but just something to think about for future versions. Lore wise Force users could use any Force power no matter if they were Light or Dark side and certain powers were just easier to use depending on the alignment of the Force user. You could instead handle this like the official Star Wars RPG games, where depending on your alignment Force powers cost more to use. For example, a Light side Force user can still use Force Lightning, but it costs 100% more Force energy than if a Dark side user used it. And vice versa for a Dark side Force user who uses Force Heal.

Anyways thanks for the great mod you guys!

TA1980

Dear Modteam,

is there a workaround to make the Forcestorm usable despite using Psychology?

Regards

tpederson

I'm enjoying the mods so far, but I have some questions / suggestions

1.  Which experience types offer multipliers, and what are the rates?

2.  It would be nice to have the lightsabers deactivate when the pawn is unrecruited.

3.  On that note, the lightsaber sound (but not light) continues after a force ghost has despawned.  It would be nice if sound stopped on despawn.

4.  Lightsaber deflection stops a pawn in their tracks.  The deflection is really cool, but it definitely hampers my pawns' charging into battle.

5.  If you use a force power, but redirect a pawn before they can get into position, the force power gets used anyways.

6.  Force Heal Other seems to require a pawn to find a specific spot X number of tiles away from the pawn that they're healing.  More than once, that has caused one of my jedi to move into a line of fire, or  a group of hostiles.  Coupling that with them stopping to deflect (number 3 above), and the force power being used no matter what (number 5 above), that can be a pretty frustrating combo. 

None of these are game breakers, but they would be really nice to have fixed in the future. 

jecrell

Quote from: TA1980 on July 02, 2017, 09:37:48 AM
Dear Modteam,

is there a workaround to make the Forcestorm usable despite using Psychology?

Regards

I just pushed an update to JecsTools that should fix the issue -- special thanks to the actual maker of Psychology to enable force storm again.