[1.5] Star Wars - A RimWorld Series (4/8/2024)

Started by jecrell, April 09, 2017, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Yep, the healing is bad, Rim of Magic solve the skill use much better.
But the force mod didn't got any love for a long time, maybe he will overhaul it for the release version.

But since you know about this behavior you should position your "healer" manualy safety behind the target before you start the ability, so he don't run in the wrong direction to use this ability.

tonsrd

true, but he still sometimes wonders into raid ignore me,

boss idea = sith/jedi/grey lightsaber attacks ur base

david1867

Quote from: Canute on May 10, 2018, 04:14:37 AM
Yep, the healing is bad, Rim of Magic solve the skill use much better.
But the force mod didn't got any love for a long time, maybe he will overhaul it for the release version.

But since you know about this behavior you should position your "healer" manualy safety behind the target before you start the ability, so he don't run in the wrong direction to use this ability.

YCFCj

Canute

I think you lost your chance.
He allready update to 1.0 and don't left a B18 release at the archive.

Walkaboutout

Just a note that in the current 1.x test versions, the current test version for the three star wars mods, lightsabers, factions, and the force, pawns can't attack.

They end up in a "standing" status rather than firing their weapons when hunting, or when they are drafted and told to attack, etc.

Walkaboutout

With the latest release, the above mentioned issue of colonists just "standing" instead of fighting has been resolved :D.

With that said, there's another issue or two I've noticed. The first one is the more major.

Insulation on the clothes that come with this series of mods is wrong. Vanilla clothes have a heat and cold insulation value which is, in both cases, a positive number. Cold insulation on the Star Wars clothing is a negative number, rather than a positive number. That means that, for example, jedi robes make the comfortable temperature for a pawn something ridiculous, like 95F - 150F. Putting them on results in hypothermia on a moderate or low temperature map. Bad for your own pawns of course, and also results in trade caravans from the new factions often entering the map, and leaving quickly because of "dangerous temperatures" that aren't actually real.

The other, smaller issue, is a typo in the name of the DLT-19 Heavy BLaster Rifle. Note the capital L in "blaster".

There are also game launch errors being thrown, mostly Lightsaber related I THINK, but am not sure. Anyways, that's what I've seen so far. Thanks for a great series of mods!

Walkaboutout

Just an FYI (I know, I just keep posting right?) this trio of mods (I don't mean the alien races ones, as I don't have those installed), is broke with 1974-75 again. Enough so that it straight culls out pawns with force powers when you load a save game, lol. Also, can't seem to generate a world properly either (probably mostly Factions related, though I donno).

Anyways, to clarify, Lightsabers, Factions, and The Force are currently broke. JecsTools seems to be newly updated and working though.

So, just an FYI for those who are wondering. Jec has been pretty good about making passes on these mods to bring them up to the rapid fire updates of the vanilla game though. Thanks Jec for all the work :D

jecrell

Star Wars - The Force

Star Wars - The Force
Version: B19.643
Updated: 09-15-2018
Description: Characters can now cast force powers in melee range without fleeing to get into ranged positions.

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Star Wars - Fully Functional Lightsabers

Star Wars - Fully Functional Lightsabers
Version: 1.19.0.2
Updated: 09-22-2018
Description: Fix by Xen for the red crystal crafting issue

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon

jecrell

Star Wars - The Force

Star Wars - The Force
Description: New stat factors set properly by Xen.

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon

jecrell

Star Wars - Factions

Star Wars - Factions
Description: Fixes various problems with how temperature is handled in B19.

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon

mrbekirr

hello sir, i do love your mod a lot.
but there is a hard situation.
your mod is not working propably good with "Side Arms" mod. the lightsaber doesnt works systematicly. Could u do something about it.
and another thing i want is, could u make colonist use their forge powers automatickly on their own? like healing colonist, with a mental break using their dark side powers. against our colonist. wow. what a chaos! :D

Kyuukin

Quote from: Komurin on March 29, 2018, 02:21:44 PM
Hey,
I've got a problem, that my Pawns that are Force sensitive aren't advancing or getting any Force-XP..

I tried creating a new Pawn over the Dev Menu and giving it any Jedi or Sith trait, but the Force isn't adnvancing either for them.

I am using B18 and below I will attach my used mods. I tried a new install of Rimworld and only the Star Wars mods, but they didn't want to get any Force-XP either.

Thank you for the awesome work and the effort you put in! :D

From my testing it's the androids mod(or at least one of them, you have a much bigger list of mods than mine). I only enabled this one alongside with force and lightsabers (along with requirements) and my pawns stopped gaining Force XP. I hope that at some point this will get fixed.