Mod Request: Painting Spot

Started by Rimrue, April 09, 2017, 09:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimrue

I would like to introduce paintings to my game along with sculptures. I know there are some mods that do this, but they require hanging stuff on walls. I'd prefer the artwork to sit on the floor like the other objects in the game.

Here's how I see it working: You place a painting spot (like a crafting spot) on the floor. Then you can create a bill to create paintings. Like sculptures there would be small, large, and grand options Materials required would be something like 5/25/50 (for small/large/grand)wood/steel/plasteel/stone/jade/silver/gold/uranium/etc. for the easel and something like 25/75/150 cloth/synthread/hyperweave/leather/etc. for the canvas. Work amount would be similar to sculpting 400/800/1600. The resulting painting would then be placed on the display easel in a room and would generate beauty based on the materials used plus the quality, again, similarly to sculpture.

It would require someone with art skills creating a new sprite for it, though, as I don't think there's anything currently in Rimworld that could be coopted.

Anyone interested in creating this, please let me know!

Thanks!

Rue

minimurgle

Can't guarentee I'd get to it ASAP but I've been collecting ideas to add to my jumble https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31573.0 and I'll probably try for this sooner or later.
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.