Combined Shooting and Construction Training Facility

Started by Sion, April 18, 2014, 05:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

I have managed to come up with a safe way to train both the Constructing and Shooting abilities of my colonists at the same time, and without any kind of mod!

The only trick I used was the knowledge that the path finding algorithm goes to the closest side of the thing to repair.

The result is this:
http://puu.sh/8e6d7.jpg
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

FtDLulz

Hah, wow. That's really neat, I never thought of that.

renwold

Holy cow this will become standard in all future colonies, THANK YOU <3
RimWorld Let's Play Collection
Thanks for watching, I'll see you next time!
Renwold|@RenwoldPlays|Ren Plays (Youtube)

daft73

Hehe, remind me not to join your colony...Where's Bob?..oh didn't you hear..gun training, and Sara loaded explosive rounds. Poor Bob. ???

Sion

Quote from: daft73 on April 19, 2014, 07:06:59 PM

Hehe, remind me not to join your colony...Where's Bob?..oh didn't you hear..gun training, and Sara loaded explosive rounds. Pour Bob.

the expression: "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!" have got a whole new meaning...

...and that new meaning is: "REPAIR FOR YOUR LIFE!"

Freya 'Tail' Fairwing

This is actually amazing. New building for me to build!

Architect

Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Sion

Could all of you that build this post a picture of it? preferably while it is in use.
I would love to see what you all can do with this.

Coenmcj

I have mine set in a semi circle, with the centre piece made of a layer of stone with the constructors behind it; the Shooters firing inwards, at the constructor's barricade using whatever weapons on hand but straying from high damage firearms, as there are more shooters than constructor's

Couldn't get a screenie at the time because I'm not on the computer right now
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Neone

Didn't do much of a research, but as far as I noticed, each colonist gain 10 points for each shot (without multiplier and burst count as one). So best weapon for training is pistol.

Geeves

That's a cool trick. Made me giggle a little bit.
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Celthric Aysen

i Finally have something to put in my spare room :P
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Sion

Quote from: Neone on April 30, 2014, 04:25:48 AM
Didn't do much of a research, but as far as I noticed, each colonist gain 10 points for each shot (without multiplier and burst count as one). So best weapon for training is pistol.

That is 100% correct, until Tynan adds a weapon that has a faster shooting cycle.
For example, a Minigun is one of the worst weapons to use (if you train shooting, not repairing) because it has a burst of 15 shots, but you only get 10 points per burst.
Pistols have the fastest shooting cycle.

For more info: http://rimworldwiki.com/Weapons

sparda666

I actually do the same thing but I put a row of stoneworking tables instead of sandbags so I can ensure there is no path to repair the wall from the dangerous side.

Sion

Quote from: sparda666 on April 30, 2014, 01:03:43 PM
I actually do the same thing but I put a row of stoneworking tables instead of sandbags so I can ensure there is no path to repair the wall from the dangerous side.

That's really cleaver, why didn't I think about that?