Raider warning box

Started by Avis, April 18, 2014, 11:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avis

Rather than being notified in the corner of your screen that there is raiders, A box pops up in the middle of the screen. because I have the recurring issue of Raiders pillaging my base before i know they are there. >:(
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

Tynan

But but I even made it jump from the side of the screen to grab your attention!

But okay. I'll think about further signaling methods. It's hard to force people to notice things without annoying them though.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Avis

Perhaps make it a option in the options menu?
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

Sion

Quote from: Tynan on April 19, 2014, 01:12:45 AM

But okay. I'll think about further signaling methods. It's hard to force people to notice things without annoying them though.
I don't think he means the letter that tells you that the raiders have arrived, I think he means the top left text message you get when the raid starts.

I too think it's kind of hidden because it "camouflages" as one of the other messages, like this: "travelers are passing by", "raiders are attacking" and "a trade ship are leaving comms range".
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Splinterbee

Quote from: Sion on April 19, 2014, 03:40:33 AM
Quote from: Tynan on April 19, 2014, 01:12:45 AM

I don't think he means the letter that tells you that the raiders have arrived, I think he means the top left text message you get when the raid starts.

I too think it's kind of hidden because it "camouflages" as one of the other messages, like this: "travelers are passing by", "raiders are attacking" and "a trade ship are leaving comms range".
it makes an obnoxious beeping sound I:
Video games, are pretty good

daft73

As it stands now in Alpha3..it is hard for me NOT to notice the bouncing red coloured envelope, I believe there is even a sound. I suppose it could be a game option to have the game pause when certain(adjustable by player) event happens.

A game that is built with this idea is the Baldur's Gate series. Granted the game is computerized D&D( a PnP) game..it gives the player complete control of the games pace. So if I want the game to pause at the first site of an enemy, where the next player may leave that off. That player may only want the game to pause if the run out of ammo, or whatever.