The kobayashi maru event.

Started by Darkstar82, April 14, 2017, 11:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkstar82

This is just unfair, and a little illogical.

Two thirds of colony came down with a mix of malaria and plague, they have all been innoculated but are very weakened, many unconscious, then as I progress into treating them, everyone is given "flu" which takes out my remaining medical staff. Given most of the colony is bed ridden in warm clean rooms I don't understand how they got flu but that's rimworld for you.

Seygas_theatear

Sometimes you have to pick winners and losers.  Best advice is put your winners in the best hospital beds.

b0rsuk

Put the rest into ancient cryosleep caskets, wait until the winners get healed, pull the rest out of caskets, heal the rest.

Taught by the experience, buy penoxyline or neurotramine.

Darkstar82

Quote from: Seygas_theatear on April 14, 2017, 12:01:37 PM
Sometimes you have to pick winners and losers.  Best advice is put your winners in the best hospital beds.

grim isn't it  ;D

Shurp

Or you can do what James T Kirk did.

/devmode/
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

blub01

apparently, if you only give part of your colonists penoxyline, they are much, much less likely to get a disease, so giving your doctor even just 6 penoxyline yearly makes it (apparently) quite unlikely for them to get sick.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Bozobub

Quote from: Darkstar82 on April 14, 2017, 11:02:45 AMGiven most of the colony is bed ridden in warm clean rooms I don't understand how they got flu but that's rimworld for you.
That's why.  Diseases are simply very easy to transmit when stuck indoors, in close proximity, in a mild environment, especially airborne ones like influenza; this is exactly why hospitals are actually a GREAT place to catch an infectious disease.  You will find that the Inuit/Aleut/other far North American tribes tend to have ZERO colds and flus, because it's simply too cold for the viruses involved to survive readily near/above the Arctic Circle.

That said, in ice biomes, cold/flu/plague/etc. should be quite rare, so "realism, schmealism" ^^' ...
Thanks, belgord!