Animals not respecting the allowed zones?

Started by Miguelh1020, April 14, 2017, 03:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travin

I've experienced some odd animal bugs, but I try to just work with them as I can't fix it.

For example, this one save the animals would, for some reason, transverse between animal zones by stopping at this one obscure 1x1 spot on the map, hang out and then eventually roam to their assigned zone. There was no residual any kind of feeding or animal zone assignment or missed 1x1 spot of something. It was like they were paying homage to a fallen comrade. There was just nothing there on screen at all that I could interact with in any way. And the only animal related mods I have are Packified Animals and Animals Tab which don't have any influence on roaming behavior.

I suspect it was just a miscoding of sorts in an INI file. But, again, weird things just happen.

Miguelh1020

It happened again. A rat died of overdose snorting yayo I kept in the hospital room. Once again. Just this one room. I've been saving my luciferium in the kitchen since the last episode and nobody took it, but now this other drug. I don't really care this time, as I didn't need the yayo. And the rat died but well, it was just a rat (it was pregnant though). But the thing is they keep getting in there. Stupid animals

The Man with No Name

My cat has developed cirrhosis of the liver and massive alcohol intolerance due to his beer-guzzling. He's only three years old.

I checked and he wasn't restricted from the beer's location, although, since cat's cannot be trained obedience, that wouldn't have mattered anyway?

b0rsuk

You don't even have to train Obedience to use allowed zones!!

giannikampa

In my experience sometimes my desired stockpile is full and drugs end being dropped somewhere i don't see at first, there some of my animals go eat/drink.
Never noticed animals not respecting allowed zones for interaction, they just walk trouh for shortcut
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

The Man with No Name

Quote from: b0rsuk on April 21, 2017, 03:05:27 AM
You don't even have to train Obedience to use allowed zones!!

Yes, I noticed that in my game yesterday. I think that beer bottles in the game should use screw caps to make it more difficult for cats to open them.

Miguelh1020

This time a saw a squirrel entering a restricted building to smoke (it said "smoking" when it was doing it lol) a smokeleaf joint. So *I conclude* that is just a game mechanic, when animals see something they really like they'll just ignore restrictions and shit on your opinion and do what they want

The Man with No Name

Now I have a five day-old drunkard kitten with massive alcohol tolerance.