Raiders Can Claim Base

Started by shammon5, April 15, 2017, 07:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shammon5

I was watching a playthrough on youtube recently where the player responded to a raider attack by moving all his colonists outside the basr to meet the raiders head on. However, a few of the raiders went south of the main attack area and began trying to demolish a wall  to get into the base. This made me think, wouldn't it be awesome/terrible if they broke in and could claim the base, locking the colonists out of their own home?

The raiders would need to be inside the home zone for a certain amount of time in order to claim it, meaning sneak attacks like the one I witnessed would be quite effective if your troops were focusing on another group. This would also keep the home zone from just being a "fire alert" zone, since any area within the home zone would be available to claim. Ideally, you'd need to take out the raider camping in your base before he completes the claim.

Just as doors must be broken down by invading raiding parties, a claimed base wohkd have doors locked against the colonists. They would need to break into their own base and oust the instruders in order to reclaim it. Otherwise they'd have no access to their food, medical, or other supplies. This would be a difficult challenge, but could be quite fun and add an additional level of strategy for raids. :)