International* Community of RimWorld

Started by Barney, October 21, 2013, 06:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Hi,

I would like to know if there are another French or French speakers (Quebec, Europe, Africa,...) that we pledge RimWorld or who are very interested in?

If you are one, say it! :)

British

Hmmm, I suppose Tynan will have to take into account his world-wide audience, if not for the game itself (well... for now), then at least in the forums.

It's always preferred (in my opinion) to have as many discussions in english, as it's the most international language (please, spare us the arguing about this or that language being used more or whatever), on top of (supposedly) being Tynan's mother tongue.

But then there are people that don't understand english much (or at all), so having a place to express and get information would be useful for them.
Ideally we'd have one person taking the specific suggestions/support/whatever from that language to the main (english) forums...

miah999

For now how about just a few new sub-forums, say French, Spanish, German, and Russian.

Barney

Quote from: miah999 on October 21, 2013, 07:11:39 AM
For now how about just a few new sub-forums, say French, Spanish, German, and Russian.

Good idea,
I understand English well enough to find informations that I'm looking for in general, but a spacialy sub-forum for another languages would be interesting to connect people who speak good English and those who speak less.

IMO it would be a good tool to promote the game.

British

I love it when people say things I already said and get quoted about how wondrous of an idea it is, all the while I'm totally ignored...

Oh wait, I don't.

GC13

Could be worse: someone could revive a long-dead thread and provide the exact same answer to its question as you did months before. Bonus points when your answer is the last post in the thread. >.<

Doesn't usually happen that they revive dead threads, but the Steam boards have a nasty habit of ignoring the fact that a question has already been answered. At least when I do it it's to add extra information, and I specifically acknowledge the person who already answered it.

I'm not sure that language sub-forums would have all that much activity though. I suppose you never know until you try...

miah999

Not to be mean, but British didn't make a specific suggestion, just stated a general thesis.

British

Quote from: miah999 on October 21, 2013, 11:20:10 AM
Not to be mean, but British didn't make a specific suggestion, just stated a general thesis.
There was no need for me to be specific, as I'm"handling" it to the man himself...
Quote from: British on October 21, 2013, 07:07:53 AM
Hmmm, I suppose Tynan will have to take into account his world-wide audience, if not for the game itself (well... for now), then at least in the forums.
Unless moderators can create sub-forums (which I doubt), I trust Tynan to ponder on the usefulness of having languages-dedicated sub-forums, and if so, which ones.

Quote from: GC13 on October 21, 2013, 11:13:03 AM
Could be worse: someone could revive a long-dead thread and provide the exact same answer to its question as you did months before. Bonus points when your answer is the last post in the thread. >.<
Bleh ;D

Quote from: GC13 on October 21, 2013, 11:13:03 AM
I'm not sure that language sub-forums would have all that much activity though. I suppose you never know until you try...
Indeed, but I suppose there might be some russian and polish audience, at the very least (as the first videos were posted in those languages).

Or we can have a poll and figure it out (somehow).

Hypolite

Right now there is four members (me included) of the RimWorld community that I know of that speaks french. That was the only question OP asked, let's keep at it.

Tynan

I'll participate in a French forum. I could use the practice.

I'd need to figure out how to make my keyboard type accents, though.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

nadia911

C.B. Klausberger

I am a german speaking Memeber, but i would really prefer to keep the Community on official Forums in english. Especially at the beginning of a project, there shouldn´t be to many Forums, to avoid a to far spreading of all Members.

After Release / Version 1.0 it´s maybe a better starting point for other-language Forums.
Watch my newest (german speaking) Let´s Play Episodes of RimWorld @ https://www.youtube.com/user/flyingDerli or follow on Twitter http://twitter.com/flyingDerli