possible repair bug (hope its a bug)

Started by Nerek21, April 18, 2014, 03:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerek21

I have a game where my steam generator (can't remember the name of it of the top of my head) is right outside my base. The bandits pretty much leave it alone when they attack, but every now and then they do attack it and set it on fire. The fire will spread like it should, but my colonists can only put out the flames on the rim of it. These means if the fire spreads into the center past the outside boxes, my people can't repair/put out the fire. There has been a few times where they put out all the fires and repaired it on the outside, but can't reach the inside of it, so I get to sit there and watch it burn slowly until it destroys itself and I have to rebuild another.

If this isn't a bug I think it should be changed. Itââ,¬â,,¢s dumb that I can fix the outside but not the inside meaning once the fire spread there the generator is lost . . . .

OpposingForces

it's an issue and i'm sure tynan is aware of it. i've seen similar ones in the past. it effects all the structure that are bigger then 2 X 2.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

Sion

Quote from: Nerek21 on April 18, 2014, 03:08:10 PM
I have a game where my steam generator (can't remember the name of it of the top of my head) is right outside my base. The bandits pretty much leave it alone when they attack, but every now and then they do attack it and set it on fire. The fire will spread like it should, but my colonists can only put out the flames on the rim of it. These means if the fire spreads into the center past the outside boxes, my people can't repair/put out the fire. There has been a few times where they put out all the fires and repaired it on the outside, but can't reach the inside of it, so I get to sit there and watch it burn slowly until it destroys itself and I have to rebuild another.

If this isn't a bug I think it should be changed. It�s dumb that I can fix the outside but not the inside meaning once the fire spread there the generator is lost . . . .

Currently the best way of handling the situation is to hope for rain...

Actually, you can sort of trigger raining, by making a large grass fire somewhere else (Molotov's are good for this), when a fire have got to a certain size it will rain to put it out so not the whole map becomes a blazing inferno.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Aenir

Quote from: Sion on April 19, 2014, 05:39:39 AM

If this isn't a bug I think it should be changed. It�s dumb that I can fix the outside but not the inside meaning once the fire spread there the generator is lost . . . .

Actually, you can sort of trigger raining, by making a large grass fire somewhere else (Molotov's are good for this), when a fire have got to a certain size it will rain to put it out so not the whole map becomes a blazing inferno.
I've had massive firestorms going on with no rain in sight...

Sion

Quote from: Aenir on April 19, 2014, 11:26:47 AM
Quote from: Sion on April 19, 2014, 05:39:39 AM

I've had massive firestorms going on with no rain in sight...

I'm not saying that you are guaranteed to have rain, I'm trying to say is that the chance that it will start to rain increases with the size and amount of fires, and a good way to do that is to start large "controlled" fires where they don't do any damage to the base.

When I create my usual 45x45 "kill box" I use Molotov's to clear out the grass from the area and it is almost guaranteed to start raining at least one time, usually several times.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.