[W | 0.3.413] fire can jump through stone walls/ double thick walls

Started by OpposingForces, April 19, 2014, 05:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpposingForces

I got a rather rude surprise tonight when a fire near my base jumped through a double thick wall, with a stone wall on the out side and metal on the inside. It also just passes through single thickness stone walls as well.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

harpo99999

fire can jump 2 squares, so you NEED either a fireproof path OR two stone wall thicknesses to stop a fire

OpposingForces

still seems like a bug. after all, realistically speaking, it shouldn't be able to pass through a solid object. Let alone a stone building. if fire can pass through stone it makes it's non burnability kinda pointless.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

harpo99999

just took a dive into the xml, and could NOT find any definition for the 'MotePostLight' which seems to be the spread point for fire, so it must be hardcoded in the game engine at present. this might change in later releases, but I do not know

OpposingForces

thanks for looking man. i appreciate it. hopefully this will be changed in the future. metal walls i can understand since they are flammable in rimworld logic. lol.