[A17][WIP] Unifica Magica - (v.4 beta - now on steam)

Started by roxxploxx, April 18, 2017, 01:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roxxploxx

Still working. Works for A17. Exploring some of the mods to incorporate in this AND writing what I am learning in a tutorial:
   https://github.com/roxxploxx/RimWorldModGuide/wiki

Hope this helps others. Cheers!

If anyone wants an A17 release now, let me know.

roxxploxx

Been working on JecsTools to make much of this work. It's a pretty cool models mod. Just got a table to study wizard spells at, just need to get it as something a Pawn will do on their own.

roxxploxx

Work has eased up and am now working on this again. Testing with the version of JecsTools on Steam and seems to be working. Might release a Beta version on Steam.

assasinwar9

Right on! looking forward to your latest work, i may have been watching your progress on github. :)

have you made sure the human pawns actually do things? when i tryed copying your mod from your github... i think the ai broke lol. you prob already fixed that tho lol

EDIT1 ummm it may have been a update to JecsTools that i was lacking.... will test again now lol

EDIT2 welp it still seems to make the pawns not move or do anything.... might just be becuse the github version of your mod isnt as up to date as your testing version?

roxxploxx

Quote from: assasinwar9 on June 19, 2017, 11:22:52 AM
Right on! looking forward to your latest work, i may have been watching your progress on github. :)

have you made sure the human pawns actually do things? when i tryed copying your mod from your github... i think the ai broke lol. you prob already fixed that tho lol

Awesome assasinwar9, glad to see some people are out there. Us modders wonder sometimes! :) There is a change in code, either JecsTools or A17, that broke a function call. It runs find on my machine now so you'll have to get an update shortly.

I'll probably post a closed Steam link tonight/tomorrow to the latest version. Wizards are fun to play but I need to give a starter wand, so wizards can defend themselves at lower levels, and I suggest running with something like the mod "Research Pal" which shows what you get in each research ability. I need to make the descriptive text more explanatory.

Thanks for the feedback!

assasinwar9

roxxploxx

Me too!

Waiting for an update in JecsTools for the Sparks spell to work. It shoots 120 sparks at enemies like a chain gun, but requires a patch in JecsTools or it only fires once. Maybe i'll just release it and then hope the patch rolls. Jecrell is swamped right now and people are banging down his door to get CompVehicles working. He's awesome so it will be taken care of shortly.

Also, let me know about other spell ideas. I'm updating the SpellBook in the forum post now.

assasinwar9

i don't mind if one of the spells doesn't fire like it should, iv just been waiting to try this thing out lol. the waiting is killing me lol!

roxxploxx

Ok, here you go. I don't think it can be found by a search, so here is a direct link:
  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=952957360

Required Mods: HugsLib, JecsTools (in that order)

Here are the known issues:
  https://github.com/roxxploxx/UnificaMagica/issues

Enjoy and feedback welcome!

PixelBitZombie

In terms of game breaking how is this? Cults is nice and almost in between, I just don't want magic to feel way over powered and out of touch from the rimworld feeling.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

roxxploxx

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on June 23, 2017, 01:38:54 PM
In terms of game breaking how is this? Cults is nice and almost in between, I just don't want magic to feel way over powered and out of touch from the rimworld feeling.

Agreed. Maybe I can add in some configuration options to change effort and resource to build things as well as spell power and recovery time. I tried to put a pretty severe limitation on mages by making them walk much slower and be more frail. That is the tradeoff for them getting a lot of power while basically sitting at a desk.

Play it and let me know.

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: roxxploxx on June 23, 2017, 01:57:15 PM
Quote from: PixelBitZombie on June 23, 2017, 01:38:54 PM

Agreed. Maybe I can add in some configuration options to change effort and resource to build things as well as spell power and recovery time. I tried to put a pretty severe limitation on mages by making them walk much slower and be more frail. That is the tradeoff for them getting a lot of power while basically sitting at a desk.

Play it and let me know.

Is it save compatible? Also the download from the front page gave me a a16 version. Unless it works in a17, I need to explore your github probably.

roxxploxx

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on June 23, 2017, 03:24:39 PM
Is it save compatible? Also the download from the front page gave me a a16 version. Unless it works in a17, I need to explore your github probably.

Should be save compatible with Star Wars. Like I said, it seemed to work when I was playing the game. Also, I didn't put up v.4 of Unifica Magica which is RimWorld A17 compatible. You'll have to download from Steam. If that doesn't work for you, I can create a release. Just easier if it's all done in one place, on Steam.

Also, I will not work currently with an existing game. It has to be installed when the game world is generated. I'm sure I can fix this in the future, but it just leads to a lot of headaches.

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: roxxploxx on June 23, 2017, 03:34:22 PM

Should be save compatible with Star Wars. Like I said, it seemed to work when I was playing the game. Also, I didn't put up v.4 of Unifica Magica which is RimWorld A17 compatible. You'll have to download from Steam. If that doesn't work for you, I can create a release. Just easier if it's all done in one place, on Steam.

Also, I will not work currently with an existing game. It has to be installed when the game world is generated. I'm sure I can fix this in the future, but it just leads to a lot of headaches.

Its fine, ill just nab the steam version. Ill let you know tonight probably and how it works with other mods.

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on June 23, 2017, 05:38:53 PM
Quote from: roxxploxx on June 23, 2017, 03:34:22 PM

Its fine, ill just nab the steam version. Ill let you know tonight probably and how it works with other mods.

I want to say that I've tried and its complicated. Could be the mods I have installed but I eventually built the tables needed and then the most difficult part. The runes, in particular while not hard to make lengthy. 3x1 - 3x1, which is super slow. I'd suggest making it bulk for making runes. Then about 20 minutes later I remembered the Wizard Tab, went to it and was able t select a few spells, selected two Level 1 ones, got a novice wand. Didn't see I needed to recharge (wait) so I forgot about casting the spell. Quit and reloaded later and the spells were gone? I'll keep messing with it.