[A17][WIP] Unifica Magica - (v.4 beta - now on steam)

Started by roxxploxx, April 18, 2017, 01:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansari

A great mod! But I encountered some problems trying to play it.

It seems there's a problem with loading spells.

It occurs if I quit the game, restart it and then load an earlier save. It doesn't occur if I reload the game in the same instance of rimworld.

The spell page in the wizard tab becomes empty.

Here's the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/s7xRFZD.png http://i.imgur.com/s8ffnWO.png

My modlist is: Core > HugsLib > JecsTools > Mod List Backup > Unifica Magica (I removed all other mods to see if it is a conflict, it seems I can still produce the problem).

To reproduce:
1. Start up rimworld
2. Start up test game
3. Feed one person wizard pill
4. Have them learn a spell (Or don't learn any spell.)
5. Save the game
6. Quit rimworld
7. Restart & Reload the savegame
8. See problem

roxxploxx

Awesome bug reporting guys. I'm swamped with work but hope to fix it this weekend. I have a pretty good idea what the problem is. Sorry about the delay. I know it's a bummer when you're trying to play!

Harry_Dicks

Does anyone know whatever happened to this mod author? It looks like they put in some serious work, it would be a shame to see it all go to waste.

EDIT: So it is under Apache License 2.0, that means it is free for anyone to pick up and modify. Damn, if only I was a C# wizard, we could get this wizardry working again!

roxxploxx

Sorry, got caught up in other things in life. Maybe i'll get back to it? I was kinda between tasks at the time but very busy now. Thanks for the kind words. I'd love to finish up this plugin someday.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: roxxploxx on February 02, 2018, 08:47:27 PM
Sorry, got caught up in other things in life. Maybe i'll get back to it? I was kinda between tasks at the time but very busy now. Thanks for the kind words. I'd love to finish up this plugin someday.

You're... you're alive! :o Man, I really like what you had going on. If you don't decide to finish it, could you at least release what you have already finished in the dlls for B18? I'm an aspiring modder myself and I will finish any xml stuff if I need to to salvage whatever I can from this, if you choose to not continue production, and of course if you don't mind. Even if it is a mod only for myself, I would really appreciate it! :)