TableTopRPG Overhaul ShadowRun Edition

Started by minimurgle, April 18, 2017, 08:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minimurgle

Overview
This is an overhaul designed to add the elements of the ShadowRun to RimWorld. ShadowRun is a tabletop RPG combining both magic and technology in realistic and well balanced ways. With this mod I hope to capture the feel of ShadowRun while maintaining the colony management of RimWorld.

ToDo

• Redo the story tellers

• Remove the aspects that don't fit the SR universe
    • Add a specific storyteller to best showcase the SR universe
  • Remove vanilla scenarios

• At the moment the scenarios don't fit really fit in with what SR should be. I'd like to find a good combonation of RW and SR
  • Alter difficulties

• The current difficulties may be unbalanced due to the removal and addition of content
  • Redo the skills Done but may be subject to changes

• Skills as they are don't fit with SR. I won't be making any huge changes here though
  • Add Attributes

• The usual things like strength and intelligence. This is not a priority because I feel it wouldn't fit in with RW very well. I do plan on looking into it though
  • Add SR enemies

• Junkies
    • Mercenaries(in vanilla but need tweaking)
    • Gangs
    • Remove mechanoids or change them to better fit the SR universe
  • Add the SR races

• Elves
    • Dwarves
    • Orks
    • Trolls
    • Ghouls
  • Add hairs

• Not a priority but some of the shadow run games had some pretty nice hairs
  • Add Cyberwear

• Grades(determine quality)

• Basic
      • Alpha
      • Beta
      • Delta
    • Headwear(augmentations on the head area)

• Vision
      • Speach
      • Hearing
    • Bodywear(augmentations to the torso)

• Blood plumping
      • Manipulation
      • Carry weight
    • Cyberlimbs(augmentations to limbs)

• Speed
      • Manipulation
      • Carry weight
    • Dangers

• Malfunctions
      • To many augmentations
      • Hackable
      • Reduces magic capabilities
  • Add magic

• Sorcery

• Healing
      • Combat
      • Illusion
      • Manipulation
    • Conjuration

• Conjuring and controlling spirits
    • Enchanting

• Creation of atrifacts
  • Redo factions

• Vanilla factions need to be redone and some SR factions need to be added
  • Integrate EDB

• I would love to talk to the EDB devs and get permission to inter grate this. Either that or put out a compatibility patch
  • Change resources

• May need to fiddle around with resources to have them make sense with SR
  • Add Urban ruins

• SR typically takes place in an urban settings so I would like to have some ruined cities added in
  • Add quests

• I'll be holding off on this till A17 then I'll work to have them make sense
  • Add combat logs

• This one's pretty simple. The game has needed this for a while and any TTRPG should have one
  • Slowdown combat

• I'm on the fence about this one. I'd like to slow down combat to emulate a bit of that turn-based feel but I can't think of a decent way to do this
  • Rework money

• This one is also a low priority. Renaming silver to credits is easy but I'd like money to feel more valuable without just reducing the amount you get.
  • Change/add backstories

• Some of the current backstories won't make sense here. I'd also like some new ones
  • Change weapons

• Remove vanilla weaponsDONE
    • Add SR weapons

• Pistols Done but there's the possibility I'll add more.
      • SMGs Done but there's the possibility I'll add more.
      • Shotguns Done but there's the possibility I'll add more.
      • Assault rifles Done but there's the possibility I'll add more.
      • Melee Done but there's the possibility I'll add more.
      • Grenades (Mostly done. I'm just procrastinating with the smoke grenades and voltaic grenades atm)
    • Add weapon slots. Some of the things I'd want to do would be broken otherwise. Besides every shadowrunner needs their trusty sidearm.
  • Change drugs
  • Change needs
  • Change traits
  • Add lore

• I'd like to find a middle ground between RW and SR here. As SR takes place on earth I'd like to find a reason for it to not be on earth
  • Change events
  • Change structure and other buildables
  • Change items
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.

minimurgle

Well if anyone is watching this thread I'd like to let them know that I haven't dropped to project. I have a bad habit of seeing projects I like more and moving to them. I still do plan on finishing this though.
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.

auamoti

ShadowRun is a really cool theme, id love to see this.  seems like a huge project that gives us good feelings in our minds when we imagine how fantastic it could be.   i never get my expectations up for huge projects  but if ShadowRunRimWorld happens ill be all over it.