[B18] Armor Stuff Expanded v1.1b (22nd Jan 2018)

Started by XeoNovaDan, September 12, 2017, 02:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
This mod will be redundant if you have Combat Extended active since this mod does basically the same thing to materials and armor vests as that does, albeit with a different spin on balance.

No metals from any other mods have been made compatible with this yet; this can still be used with metal-adding mods, but they'll only offer as much protection as steel. I'm not going to be responsible for making compatibility patches, but I'm more than willing to integrate compatibility patches for mods that add metals.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Like this mod? Check out my other mods here!

Overview
Armor Stuff Expanded is a small mod that makes armor vests craftable out of any resource that has the 'Metallic' tag. In the case of vanilla: steel, plasteel, uranium, silver, and gold.

Additionally, each metallic resource (in vanilla) now has their own set of multipliers for sharp and blunt armor; a steel armor vest offers baseline protection, but a silver armor vest will offer less protection against sharp damage, while a plasteel armor vest will offer superior protection to most other materials. This, of course, applies to any other stuffed armor too; simple and advanced helmets will benefit from this.

To compensate for plasteel's enhanced protection multipliers, the armor vest has had its base sharp resistance nudged down to 50%. This way, plasteel armor vests won't offer any more protection than power armor.

I'm no expert with metals, so you're more than welcome to leave some feedback if some figures seem off. If I deem suggested figures as sensible, I may change them accordingly.

Credits
Marnador for the RimWorld-style font.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.

werty112

Can you make 'secondary mod' without armor vest nerf and (optional) with power armor buff?
That moment when you get oneshotted from first shot by first raider that had 0.2% acc

XeoNovaDan

I may in the future (assuming I don't forget), but not now. I've spent enough time making mods, and not enough time actually playing RimWorld :P

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

XeoNovaDan

Updated to v1.1

Changes:
* Reduced Plasteel's armor rating multipliers from 1.3x to 1.2x each.
* Reduced Armor Vest's base health from 200 to 120.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on January 14, 2018, 06:56:49 AM
Updated to v1.1

Changes:
* Reduced Plasteel's armor rating multipliers from 1.3x to 1.2x each.
* Reduced Armor Vest's base health from 200 to 120.

Awesome!