[A16] NeuTech - Advanced Medical Pod (v0.2) (2017-04-21)

Started by Neufusion, April 19, 2017, 02:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neufusion

Description

NeuTech - Advanced Medical Pod
   Using the latest medical technology from NeuTech, including Negative-Pressure Wound Therapy and Robotically-Assisted Treatment, the Advanced Medical Pod improves postoperative recovery, treatment of injury/illness, accelerates immunity, and reduces healing time. Connectable to Vitals Monitor. Does NOT induce cryptosleep.

Comfort                             90%
   Bed Rest Effectiveness        90%
   Immunity Gain Speed         150%
   Medical Tend Quality           20%
   Heat Per Second                 2

Requirements / Usage
Metals            150
Steel              100
Plasteel          60
Component     20 
Medicine         15
Power             1000W

Functions the same as a Medical Bed.
Requires power connection.
Requires NeuTech - Advanced Medical Pod research:
   Base Cost               3000
   Required Research Building           Hi Tech Research Bench
   Required Research Facilites           MultiAnalyzer
   Prerequisite            Hospital Bed

Compatibility
Should be compatible with all mods

Changelog

v0.1-beta 2017-04-18 - Initial Release
v0.2 2017-04-21 - Added new Tech requirement, Adjusted stats and requirements, updated graphics

Author
Neufusion
This is my first publicly released mod!

Download
GitHub

How to install
- Delete old folder of this mod.
- Unzip the contents into your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game and restart the game.

Neufusion

I need some input on balancing the stats for the advanced medical pod

MetalsSteelPlasteelComponentsMedicinePowerImmunity Gain SpeedMedical Tend Quality OffsetBed Rest Effectiveness
Hospital Bed40800010-114%17%100%
Advanced Medical Pod150100501010350W300%300%150%

Edit:Added Plasteel Requirement

Greep

I don't think significantly increasing rest effectiveness is a good idea.  Would be kind of silly, but effective, to have a whole colony use these for actual beds.  It's also pretty cheap for what it does.  I would think 100 plasteel added on would make sense.  Or more, I mean it basically replaces doctors.  Depends on whether you want this to be a sort of cheat to get out of early game sickness or an endgame convenience.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Neufusion

Currently, v0.1-beta requires Medical Bed research.

Should I change it to require:
a. Medical Bed research and ?
b. New Advanced Medical Pod research that requires Medical Bed research
c. New Advanced Medical Pod research that requires Medical Bed research and ?

Greep

Well again, it sort of depends on what you want out of this thing.  If you want it as just some endgame convenience, then sure keep the stats and add a research tech that requires med bed and increase the materials.  If you just want it as a way to bypass silly strong sicknesses, then do whatever you want really xD
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Neufusion

Quote from: Greep on April 19, 2017, 03:53:26 AM
I don't think significantly increasing rest effectiveness is a good idea.  Would be kind of silly, but effective, to have a whole colony use these for actual beds.

Ah, actually it is "Bed Rest effectiveness " as in injured or sick, not normal rest. So it wouldn't do anything special for regular sleeping.

Quote from: Greep on April 19, 2017, 03:53:26 AM
It's also pretty cheap for what it does.  I would think 100 plasteel added on would make sense.  Or more, I mean it basically replaces doctors.  Depends on whether you want this to be a sort of cheat to get out of early game sickness or an endgame convenience.

I added a 50 plasteel requirement. It still needs the doctors to do the work. It's not automatic.

Neufusion

Quote from: Greep on April 19, 2017, 04:37:00 AM
Well again, it sort of depends on what you want out of this thing.  If you want it as just some endgame convenience, then sure keep the stats and add a research tech that requires med bed and increase the materials.  If you just want it as a way to bypass silly strong sicknesses, then do whatever you want really xD

Not trying to cheat or bypass anything. I was aiming to keep it balanced as a mid/late game item, after a fully established hospital with hospital beds, to help the horrible doctors and reduce turnaround time for injuries.

Looking for input from users because *I* can make it do anything, just wondering what the community wants out of it.

Pepelnica1488

SpaceDorf

I was alle

I like the Idea, but the way you are going about it, you should have started the thread in WIP

For Balance.

Comfort                        80% <- affects the mood of the pawn using this item.
make this one higher, pawns should like the good treatment ( everything that counters the pain and sickness moods is good )

Bed Rest Effectiveness 150% <- bad idea .. 100% or less, well rested pawns  have a tendency to get out of bed .. rest effectiveness reduces the amount of sleep needed.

Immunity Gain Speed  300% <- right intention, to high for my taste
130-150 should be plenty, you could make some different copies of the bed to try out how huge the effect of this is ..

Medical Tend Quality    300% <- just feels to high .. compare it to medicine and glitterworld medicine .. should not be more than that .. operation without at least normal medicine should not be viable ..

Additional .. think about a Advanced Vitals Monitor which gives a Blood Pumping and Blood Filtering Bonus .. the Pawns Main Functions against sickness.
( normally a old Pawn, or one who lost a Kidney is as good as dead when sick. )
A Pain Reducing Effect would also be nice :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Neufusion

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 19, 2017, 06:28:11 AM
Bed Rest Effectiveness 150% <- bad idea .. 100% or less, well rested pawns  have a tendency to get out of bed .. rest effectiveness reduces the amount of sleep needed.

"Bed Rest" is "Rest in bed to recuperate from not-immediately-life-threatening medical problems." It's not the same as regular rest. (If you set "Bed Rest" as Priority 1 on a pawn, he'll only go to bed during anything/work/joy hours if he's injured.)

Medical Tend Quality    300% <- just feels to high .. compare it to medicine and glitterworld medicine .. should not be more than that .. operation without at least normal medicine should not be viable ..

Apparently, Medical Tend Quality doesn't apply to surgery. It's the treatment of injury and illness. So you get nicer bandages, quicker immunity, and less chance of infection and scarring.

Additional .. think about a Advanced Vitals Monitor which gives a Blood Pumping and Blood Filtering Bonus .. the Pawns Main Functions against sickness.
( normally a old Pawn, or one who lost a Kidney is as good as dead when sick. )
A Pain Reducing Effect would also be nice :)

Good idea, I'll look into. Possibly, I'll tone down this mod and add the Advanced Vitals Monitor.

Canute

At some medical mod's you can set the patient to anesthestic state to increase healing.
I would suggest that any patient that use these bed, geting this.
Pro, he will heal faster, don't got mood penalty, need less food.
Contra, you can't use him for emergency task if needed.

Neufusion

Quote from: Canute on April 19, 2017, 07:42:51 AM
At some medical mod's you can set the patient to anesthestic state to increase healing.
I would suggest that any patient that use these bed, geting this.
Pro, he will heal faster, don't got mood penalty, need less food.
Contra, you can't use him for emergency task if needed.

Hmmm, forced anesthetic state... I wonder if I can XML mod that or need to dive deeper into DLL mod?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Neufusion on April 19, 2017, 07:36:38 AM

"Bed Rest" is "Rest in bed to recuperate from not-immediately-life-threatening medical problems." It's not the same as regular rest. (If you set "Bed Rest" as Priority 1 on a pawn, he'll only go to bed during anything/work/joy hours if he's injured.)

You are right - And so am I.

The "Bed Rest" Job/Workgiver sends a Pawn to get rested and recuperate in a Medical Bed.
The "Bed Rest Effectiveness" value of a Bed adresses the Rest need of a pawn.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.