[A16] NeuTech - Advanced Medical Pod (v0.2) (2017-04-21)

Started by Neufusion, April 19, 2017, 02:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neufusion

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 19, 2017, 09:22:07 AM
Quote from: Neufusion on April 19, 2017, 07:36:38 AM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 19, 2017, 06:28:11 AM
Bed Rest Effectiveness 150% <- bad idea .. 100% or less, well rested pawns  have a tendency to get out of bed .. rest effectiveness reduces the amount of sleep needed.

"Bed Rest" is "Rest in bed to recuperate from not-immediately-life-threatening medical problems." It's not the same as regular rest. (If you set "Bed Rest" as Priority 1 on a pawn, he'll only go to bed during anything/work/joy hours if he's injured.)

You are right - And so am I.

The "Bed Rest" Job/Workgiver sends a Pawn to get rested and recuperate in a Medical Bed.
The "Bed Rest Effectiveness" value of a Bed adresses the Rest need of a pawn.

I see... Thanks for your input!

XeoNovaDan

I'd give it a significant nerf and make it much more expensive, it seems ludicrously powerful for relatively little material cost. Here's my proposition:

Metals: 100 -> 200
Plasteel Cost: 50 -> 80
Uranium Cost: 0 -> 100
Change Medicine to Glitterworld Medicine
Components: 10 -> 18
Power Consumption: 350 -> 2000 (make it much less practical for mass-use)

Immunity Gain Speed: 300 -> 160
Tend Quality Offset: 300 -> 50
Bed Rest Effectiveness: 150 -> 87
Comfort: 80 -> 45 (couldn't imagine that sort of thing being very comfortable, especially if hacked together using rimworld technology as opposed to glitterworld)

I'd also gate it behind spacer-tech research which requires hospital beds and vitals to be researched, and maybe 3.5k research points. All of these changes are doable with only XML.

This mod looks very promising though, and I hope it becomes a hit!

Canute

QuoteUranium Cost: 0 -> 100
Do you want heal or poison the patient  ? :-)

QuoteChange Medicine to Glitterworld Medicine
I agree with that, or 10/20 medicine + 10/20 neurotamine/antibiotica.

XeoNovaDan

QuoteDo you want heal or poison the patient  ? :-)

radiation poisoning, so they won't bitch about being ill/injured :)

I think glittermeds because this seems borderline-glitterworld level of technology... and there's no way a lot of 70% medical potency can achieve this. That's like saying herbal medicine for this in A15 :P

Source

Loading message...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Done...

I don't think using that power it's enough to work, it's a Advanced Medical Pod, and the process to develop the restauration of the cells, neuronas and injuries from inside and outside requires a whole of time, this machines works better, but that does not mean that they work faster, you should add like W500 to function completely, and use at least 25 components to his requirements because, it's advanced spacer technology.

You maybe should add more medicines to function, in this case Glitter Medicine, or use 5 Glitter Medicine instead of more medicine, using only 10 it's too easy to obtain.

The Inmunity factor speed, at 150%, you are excesive with the spacer technology of that class , at least that is transcendental technology: 300% it's not normal, and too OP, the same goes with the medical tend quality, but at 120%, 300% it's like simply leave a pawn with medicine at 2 makes the work and recovers all class of injuries at more of 200%, you must be realist with the process and function of this machine.

Otherwise, Keep Going, Because i like this mod.

Lethe

Agreeing with the others about it taking glitterworld meds rather than just normal meds and that it should take more components.

More electricity, perhaps 800-1200W.

Another possibility would be requiring a cryptocasket to be built first, then you upgrade that to the advanced medical pod. Then it'd be pretty costly. It would be only for end game if you do it like that though.

XeoNovaDan

To be fair, I get the impression that this should be an end-game medical solution that should be used sparingly unless you have extreme resource and electricity overhead.

These changes are easy to make anyway, as this mod's 100% XML :)

Neufusion

Quote from: Neufusion on April 19, 2017, 02:18:47 AM

Description

NeuTech - Advanced Medical Pod
   Using the latest medical technology from NeuTech, including Negative-Pressure Wound Therapy and Robotically-Assisted Treatment, the Advanced Medical Pod improves postoperative recovery, treatment of injury/illness, accelerates immunity, and reduces healing time. Connectable to Vitals Monitor. Does NOT induce cryptosleep.

Comfort                             90%
   Bed Rest Effectiveness        90%
   Immunity Gain Speed         150%
   Medical Tend Quality           20%
   Heat Per Second                 2

Requirements / Usage
Metals            150
Steel              100
Plasteel          60
Component     20 
Medicine         15
Power             1000W

Functions the same as a Medical Bed.
Requires power connection.
Requires NeuTech - Advanced Medical Pod research:
   Base Cost               3000
   Required Research Building           Hi Tech Research Bench
   Required Research Facilites           MultiAnalyzer
   Prerequisite            Hospital Bed

Compatibility
Should be compatible with all mods

Changelog

v0.1-beta 2017-04-18 - Initial Release
v0.2 2017-04-21 - Added new Tech requirement, Adjusted stats and requirements, updated graphics

Author
Neufusion
This is my first publicly released mod!

Download
GitHub

How to install
- Delete old folder of this mod.
- Unzip the contents into your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game and restart the game.

Ok guys, v0.2 is here! I listened to your input and did some adjusting.

Decided to tone down the stats. NeuTech is spacer tech, not glitterworld tech. Might add a NeuTech Vitals Monitor to bring the stats up a little higher than the stock one.

Set power to 1000W so it can be ran with a dedicated fueled generator or can run for 1 day on a fully charged battery (yes, you can fully charge the battery and pack it up with the Advanced Medical Pod).

It takes quite a bit to get one up and running now because of the new research requirement and parts requirements; pawns need to make multiple trips to deliver all of the parts.

I created a test scenario with doctors and test subjects and it seemed to play out pretty well.

Enjoy!

XeoNovaDan

Canute

Currently i don't use the mod.
But i got a question, can pawns use the bed even without power ?
Then we can use sensor switches to powerup the bed when someone comes close.
If not you maybe should create a patch for repower mod to give the bed an idle power use.

SpaceDorf

It would be more reasonable to go the way of the repower mod ..
low energy use when not in use.

High Energy when in use.
Either make it a requirement or ask if you may use some code.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

blaxblade

Hello, i use a non steam version of game, how can i download this mod for a17?

tgbps4

"I need a series of mods that let me play a colony that experiments on people: basically space Vault-Tec"

SuedKAT

He have updated it to A17 on Steam. However I think he's reworking it considering the comments about the branding as well as the red cross symbol, NeuTech is a real company after all and the Red Cross symbol is protected. Personally I couldn't care less about such things, but I can understand if a modder don't want to deal with such things and then it's easier to just remove the logos etc.

I can PM you the Steam update I have at the moment if you want, have edited mine to work with [sd] medicaddons.

tgbps4

Quote from: SuedKAT on June 17, 2017, 06:05:01 PM
He have updated it to A17 on Steam. However I think he's reworking it considering the comments about the branding as well as the red cross symbol, NeuTech is a real company after all and the Red Cross symbol is protected. Personally I couldn't care less about such things, but I can understand if a modder don't want to deal with such things and then it's easier to just remove the logos etc.

I can PM you the Steam update I have at the moment if you want, have edited mine to work with [sd] medicaddons.

That´s understandable, but I would prefer an external download source if possible: I like to download my mods manually
"I need a series of mods that let me play a colony that experiments on people: basically space Vault-Tec"