Looking for Artistic Assistance. (Yeah, I Know. So Is Everyone Else!)

Started by dburgdorf, April 20, 2017, 01:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

My "Rascally Rabbits" mod adds rabbits. Yeah. Surprising, right?

They were easy. I just modified the default graphics for hares.

I'd like to expand the mod. Continuing with its implied "Warner Brothers cartoons" theme, I'd like to add ducks. And also coyotes and road runners, though ducks are my top priority.

But there's a problem. I'm pretty good with Photoshop when it comes to modifying and editing preexisting graphic images. But I'm absolutely worthless when asked to create brand-new pictures. My artistic abilities are roughly on a par with those of typical kindergarten students.

So I figured, what the hell, I'll ask here and see if anyone with the talent I lack is bored enough to want to draw a few critters. ;)

Despite the cartoon inspiration, of course, I'd want the animals to have the "realistic" (albeit legless) look that other RimWorld creatures have.

So, anyway, if you have the ability and inclination to help an artistically-challenged modder bring daffy ducks, wily coyotes and/or rapid road runners out to the rim, let me know! Thanks! :D
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

minimurgle

I'm not an amazing artist but I'm kinda okay so I think I'll give it a go. It's not like I have other more important things like a DnD campaign and overhaul mod to work on :p
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.

dburgdorf

Quote from: minimurgle on April 20, 2017, 02:52:38 PMI'm not an amazing artist but I'm kinda okay so I think I'll give it a go. It's not like I have other more important things like a DnD campaign and overhaul mod to work on :p

Hey, "kinda okay" beats "kindergarten scribble." I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with. :D

After all, who am I to tell you not to take time off from your own projects?  ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

minimurgle

Well I did the duck and the coyote. I won't be doing the road runner though. I tried, failed, then repeated the process. I couldn't get any results that i was happy with.

Anyway here are the other two. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4a3qvcgmlw75sm3/AAAa7V_-RrnKgrcqrxhAknpqa?dl=0

Feel free to let me know if you want anything changed.

dburgdorf

Wow. That was quick! And at first glance, they look pretty good.

Well, I guess I know what I'm updating next. ;)

Thanks!

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

minimurgle

No problem. Feel free to message me anytime you need anything. I don't have a life so I can do it right away.