[A15] PetFollow - Better control of your trained pets (V 1.3.2)

Started by Hatti, August 15, 2016, 06:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oreganor

QuoteYes the red X means not follow. But can you tell, which option in the animal tabs are reversed for you? i´ve just tested it and ALL options are same for me. Someone in steam mentioned it too, but i coulnt reproduce it.

Pet only following if the option have a green V in it in the animals tab. And also, could you try to make a new game (just for testing) with just petfollow, to be sure, no other mod breaks it for you cause thats my guess.

If so, please send me your modlist so i can reproduce it.
You will find a modlist file on windows in:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config\ModsConfig.xml

Thanks for the reply, Hatti... I will do the "mod hunt" myself and report back, a modder's time is a precious resource to "waste it" on particular cases affecting just a single person (Specially one that still plays A14). I will look for the offending scenario on both bugs; "the selectiveness" and the pet menu "inversion" on my A14 savegame just in case it helps you improve your A15 version.
Contributions:
Melee Skill Rebalance

oreganor

"Inversion" problem report. Keeps happening (Pet menu state is "inverted" compared with Architect or Animal Tab... Animal Tab+Architect match the behaviour of Pets) on A14 with the "minimum" mod setup as follows (Top mod loaded 1st):

- Core (0.14.1249)
- CCL (0.14.3.1)
- CCL - Vanilla Tweaks (0.14.3.1)
- Petfollow (Built for 0.14.1249... The "A14" linked on OP)
- CCL - Mod Tweaks (0.14.3.1)

Tested on a completely clean reinstall with a "test colony" created using the Dev tools. No "selectiveness" detected... All animals involved (I used the same Biome and spawned the exact numbers of Labradors, Cougars, Bulls, Cows & Dromedaries) behaved properly as advertised by you once the training requirements were met.

Now I will try to incorporate mods on the above "test colony" until I manage to "trigger" the selectiveness and report back.
Contributions:
Melee Skill Rebalance

oreganor

"selectiveness" report. I added the FULL suite of mods in the same order to the "test colony" above and nothing broke... Everything worked properly (With the exception about "inversion" above)... All animals with the correct settings shown the extra options provided by your mod. I was altering their training state and trying all possible combinations into savegames with or without masters... I even killed some masters and respawned new animals and everything looked ok.

My savegame must have been "corrupted" by adding mods gradually to the same colony... So I don't think it's worth keep investigating this "selectiveness bug".
Contributions:
Melee Skill Rebalance

Serenity

"Inversion" problem report. Keeps happening (Pet menu state is "inverted" compared with Architect or Animal Tab
As said, I think this is merely bad UI design. It's a common enough issue. When you design or program something it makes sense to you and you don't realize how it looks to other people.

It's not even that bad once you've figured it out. But confusing the first few times you click through the menus.

BlueWinds

Just to clarify, here are some screenshots of what we're talking about. :)

Same animal, same settings. Notice how in the first screenshot, X / green / green means "follow / don't / don't", while in the second screenshot, green / X / X still means "follow / don't / don't" - even though the colors / symbols are reversed.

It's a wonderful mod, and would be even better with a tweak - the buttons when viewing an animal should follow the same convention as the rest of the rimworld gui - X means "do not / forbid / don't follow when".

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

nachtfalter

Essential mod in my setups! Thanks for doing Rimgods work!

extremeplayer_X

you can please make possible you control the pets like the colonists, example: Attack (...........) or
priorise transport (..........) or
eat (..........) or
Cancel task
etc.

Hatti

As it looks for now, the mod will be obsolete with A16 cause Tynan adapted it to base game  :-*

FadingFog

Quote from: Hatti on December 12, 2016, 05:28:02 PM
As it looks for now, the mod will be obsolete with A16 cause Tynan adapted it to base game  :-*
No, Tynan don't adapted it to base game ;( Update mod please?

Hatti

It is. In the animals tab you can set pets to follow/not follow their masters if they are drafted or on jobs (hunt)
The sad part is its enabled by default after training obedience. PetFollow had these options disabled by default

E_T

WIP

Hatti

There is no need to update this mod cause it's functionality has been integrated into to vanilla game

E_T

As far as I know, only two of the three (Hunt & Draft) are in the vanilla game, but not the 'while taming' option.
WIP

Oken

When pawns are taming, pets will follow them as long as they are allowed to follow while hunting.

E_T

WIP