question about rimworld texture masks.

Started by keylocke, April 21, 2017, 01:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

so i've started with my furniture mods using core art source as a guide, but then i saw that the art assets for RW13 and RW16 have these texture masks :

and i'm not sure what the masks are for and what are the rules for making these masks? (color and alpha scheme? i dunno wat do..)

RW13 and RW16 texture packs also don't have same folder structure as core art source, so i'm not sure what folders each new texture are supposed to go to.

modding sempais, please lend me your guidance.

Shinzy

Black - (0,0,0) Area will not be coloured
Red - (255,0,0) Used material colour will be added on this
Green - (0,255,0) The "secondary" colour will be applied in this area (I don't know much about this one except you can use it for the bedsheets to take the prisoner/medical colours)
Grayscale - (255,255,255 - 0,0,0) Same as red but depending on how light or dark the hue is the more vibrant the added colour will be

To add a mask on a thing, you need to give the graphic data of that def this shadertype
<shaderType>CutoutComplex</shaderType>

and then name the mask as whatever the original is named but add "m" at the end like so

I believe these won't work with weapons without modding the thingclass of it or whatever
or things with randomized textures like plants (Cause it treats the mask files as options for the random appearance)

And that is all I know about masks!
if you rob a bank and/or a store use one that'll cover your entire face and eyes, stockings won't do

Edit: also the textures go wherever you've specified

keylocke

wow shinzy, you should be writing rimworld modding tutorials. very informative.

thanks for the help.  ;D

minimurgle

I didn't even have the question of what those were for and it was super helpful. Thanks Shinzy
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.

mrofa

Green can be specified in XML using ColourTwo Tag
All i do is clutter all around.