Name in Game Multiple Times?

Started by zztong, April 21, 2017, 08:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zztong

It occurred to me that the "Name in Game" creative reward would make a cool tribute to a couple of friends of mine who are no longer living. I don't see a way to purchase this more than once. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place?

EDIT: Perhaps I should have mentioned I purchased the game, and my first use of "Name in Game" through Steam. Now I'd like to buy two more "Name in Game" rewards.

zztong

So is this question a real stumper, just so dumb that y'all are quietly laughing at me, folks are just really busy, or...?  :)

Haplo

I can't help you much with this, but you should try to send an email to our support at [email protected]
There they most likely can tell you more about the correct procedure for doing that.
Sorry for not being much of a help with this.  :-[

zztong

Thanks. I appreciate the referral.

milon

Busy & stumped. I didn't know the answer and was waiting to see what another mod was going to say. But I forgot to mark it as Unread, so it fell off my radar. I apologize for that.

zztong

I received a response from ludeonhelp. Here it is for reference:

> You'll need to purchase two more copies of the game with the Name in Game tier through our website,
> here: https://rimworldgame.com/
> You'll need to use different email addresses for each copy, as our Creative Rewards system
> does not allow one email address to have multiple rewards.

milon

Good to know, and thanks for the update!

Calahan

Thinking about this, and in theory there should be another (cheaper) way if you have friends who own the game, and who also haven't already got their name in the game (and ideally, never plan to).

As if you give these friends money to buy the name in game DLC from Steam, or you buy the DLC for them as a gift (if that's possible), then you can give these friends the details of the two names you want in the game for them to submit. So you personally will only be paying for however many "name in games" you want without the cost of having to buy multiple copies of the base game.

This is just a theory though, although I don't see why it wouldn't work myself. That is as long as you have friends who own the game, and are willing to forego the option of having their own name in the game. (if someone has the DRM-free version then they can register their game on Steam for free via this link https://ludeon.com/rimworld/getmygame/)

Tbh I'm wondering if that advice you got from Ludeon help isn't outdated. As that would have been the answer before the DLC launched on Steam, as pack upgrades were stopped after a certain point, so anyone wanting to get their name in the game had to buy a whole new pack at full price, even if they already owned the base game. But that's no longer the case now with the Steam release, as now you can upgrade again by buying the relevant DLC on Steam.

AngleWyrm

If you merely wish to see your characters in-game rather than have them distributed with the game Rimworld, then Rainbeau's Editable Backstories mod may be what you're looking for.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

zztong

Quote from: Calahan on May 03, 2017, 06:43:02 AM
Thinking about this, and in theory there should be another (cheaper) way if you have friends who own the game, and who also haven't already got their name in the game (and ideally, never plan to).

As if you give these friends money to buy the name in game DLC from Steam, or you buy the DLC for them as a gift (if that's possible), then you can give these friends the details of the two names you want in the game for them to submit. So you personally will only be paying for however many "name in games" you want without the cost of having to buy multiple copies of the base game.

This is just a theory though, although I don't see why it wouldn't work myself. That is as long as you have friends who own the game, and are willing to forego the option of having their own name in the game. (if someone has the DRM-free version then they can register their game on Steam for free via this link https://ludeon.com/rimworld/getmygame/)

Tbh I'm wondering if that advice you got from Ludeon help isn't outdated. As that would have been the answer before the DLC launched on Steam, as pack upgrades were stopped after a certain point, so anyone wanting to get their name in the game had to buy a whole new pack at full price, even if they already owned the base game. But that's no longer the case now with the Steam release, as now you can upgrade again by buying the relevant DLC on Steam.

Currently, I don't have the friend option. I'm the only person I know playing the game.

I'm logged into Steam right now, having already bought both RimWorld and the Name in Game option for my own name. The webpage is telling me the price of "Name in Game" is $44.99. That's the same if I followed the advice I had gotten from ludeonhelp.

I've already followed the first advice for my first friend's name, and I'm about to do it again for the second. It is pricey this way, but I guess I don't mind. These were really good friends. if at some point Ludeon wanted to make a change and trade my two unused licenses for 4 more names, that would be cool. Their records should show that I've not downloaded those extra copies. Either way, I'm happy.

zztong

Quote from: AngleWyrm on May 03, 2017, 10:32:57 AM
If you merely wish to see your characters in-game rather than have them distributed with the game Rimworld, then Rainbeau's Editable Backstories mod may be what you're looking for.

Thanks for the tip. I may use that for other purposes, but for these two friends I was thinking of the more permanent/distributed option.