.cs file help?

Started by Rimrue, April 22, 2017, 12:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimrue

I have learned enough about modding to get myself into trouble it seems. Lol

I am trying to create a new joy object based off the horshoe pin but can't find the .cs files I need to complete it. I've got all the xml files tweaked but when I try to build the new joy object in the game I get a bunch of errors.

Can anyone direct me to where I can find the .cs files? Or if they have them can they share them?

Thanks!

minimurgle

You may not need any cs. Show us the errors and code and I'm sure someone can help. Otherwise this should help you get into the c# dll modding https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3408.0
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.

Rimrue

I am not even close to being sufficient with coding to write something new. Lol That's why I was hoping someone could direct me to the files for the horseshoe game so I could simply modify them.

Here are the errors I get when I try to build the hoop for my hoop and arrows game:

Config error in HoopAndArrows: HoopAndArrows has null thingClass.
Config error in HoopAndArrows: HoopAndArrows has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps

Thanks!

Rimrue

Okay, I think I figured it out. It was a mod conflict. Not sure which one but hopefully I can resolve it.

Alistaire

Rimrue

I installed Microsoft Visual Studio, but couldn't get it to open the files. It just shows the version information. Is ILSpy easier to use?

BTW, I have basically zero experience with programing. I learned basic HTML years ago and that has been enough to figure out the XML files, but I can't seem to get my brain around how to even access the game's DLL files. I thought if I just installed the right program it would allow me to access them, but so far no luck.  :-\

Thanks!

Alistaire

Please follow the Decompiling source code guide, e.g please download ILSpy and continue the rest of the steps.