[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man_Jones

Is there a chance an enemy faction might attack with one of these or is that not implemented yet?

Cpt.Ohu

Wendigo

Looking forward to giving this a spin.  I've been wanting some sort of proper vehicle option to speed up overmap travel for a while now, and the ability to form up multiple aircraft into fleets is excellent.  Do you have plans for additional aircraft, or variants of the standard unit in the basemod?  I'd also like to see more turret options, but that's lower priority.

SpaceDorf

Well a Ground to Air option should be a given as soon as Air to Ground is possible.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Wendigo on April 24, 2017, 02:24:37 PM
Do you have plans for additional aircraft, or variants of the standard unit in the basemod?

I kinda hope I've opened the floodgates for aircraft ideas, so people start making their own. The dropship is just there to show what can be done.

What kind of ship would you want to see?

faltonico

Can i manually edit my save file to include your mod?
Do maps delete themselves when every pawn is inside the ship? like in the base game with drop pods? it is dumb question but it worries me xD
Thank you for the new toy!

Wendigo

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on April 24, 2017, 05:03:31 PM
I kinda hope I've opened the floodgates for aircraft ideas, so people start making their own. The dropship is just there to show what can be done.

What kind of ship would you want to see?
Probably a larger cargo bay, or a longer-range one; I need to actually load up Rimworld and give it a spin before I can give constructive response, though.

Or at least open up the mod itself and see how complicated adding new aircraft is.  :P

EDIT: It looks like I'd only need to create an entry in Ships.xml, though I can't find where weight capacity is defined.  Would there need to be any additional .dll work, or is it just a matter of making an entry and (optionally) giving it different graphics?

Cpt.Ohu

It's just XML modding. You need to add your own thingefs, one for the actual ship and one for the leaving animation. The cargo capacity is defined in the Compproperties_Ship part, as well as passenger seats, fuel type and fuel capacity.

Minnigin

This is cool, I changed my gun to a charge rifle and made it OP as hell just to drop in and murder outposts with just the ship in secs flat lol good times

dziwigor

Question I have:
Where to these dropship land?
I mean when you return to "home base" "docking area" :)

Becouse first thing I thought was building Serenity-shaped dwelling and using Dropships as shuttles. Also is here anyone who is skilled enough to create shuttle graphics? :)

and one other thing: anyone knows if there is any addon that adds predefined structures in your colony?

bonmar14

Hi I have an error when I assign a ship to a fleet
this error pops up

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/IoM/Ships/OHUDropShipFleetIcon in any active mod or in base resources.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ContentFinder`1:Get(String, Boolean)
OHUShips.CompShip:get_fleetIconTexture()
OHUShips.ITab_Fleet:DrawFleetMember(Single&, Single, ShipBase)
OHUShips.ITab_Fleet:DrawFleetEntry(Single&, Single, KeyValuePair`2)
OHUShips.ITab_Fleet:FillTab()
Verse.<DoTabGUI>c__AnonStorey3C6:<>m__566()
Verse.ImmediateWindow:DoWindowContents(Rect)
HugsLib.GuiInject.<>c__DisplayClass1:<_WindowOnGUI>b__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Also the error just spams until i remove the ship from the fleet

jecrell

I'm not here to report any bugs or say anything other than.
You magnificent bastard, you did it.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Man_Jones

Ok so a question when it said harmony was used for detours does that mean harmony needs to be installed too? I ask because for some reason when my guys finished building it I essentially voided my resources.
Heres the log
[spoiler] Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at OHUShips.ShipBase.InitiateShipProperties () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at OHUShips.ShipBase.PostMake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.DesignateSingleCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignatorManager.ProcessInputEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleMapClicks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 [/spoiler]
Edit: it appears I cannot get spoilers to work.

Bunkier

I don't know how the heck you done that but that's just :oo

sidfu

Quote from: Man_Jones on April 25, 2017, 11:22:50 AM
Ok so a question when it said harmony was used for detours does that mean harmony needs to be installed too? I ask because for some reason when my guys finished building it I essentially voided my resources.
Heres the log
[spoiler] Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at OHUShips.ShipBase.InitiateShipProperties () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at OHUShips.ShipBase.PostMake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.DesignateSingleCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignatorManager.ProcessInputEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleMapClicks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 [/spoiler]
Edit: it appears I cannot get spoilers to work.

harmony is already included. any mod that uses harmony includes it witih it.

also. i work with the hardcore sk team. interesting mod ill do some xml modfications and give them to u as a hardcore sk patch. it will only be materals right now but once u get ships done ill help get them working with combat realsim and such.