[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullet

You can try delete IncidentDefs folder from Defs folder in the mod directory. It might be helps get rid of raiders on the ships

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: s44yuritch on June 24, 2017, 07:29:13 AM
Is there a way to rotate a ship 90 degrees after it's already built? I tried using the usual building rotation buttons when selecting a landing spot, and they don't seem to work.

There's no such option yet.

Quote from: Wraithling on June 26, 2017, 07:23:03 AM
3 enemy drop ships entered into my base, I defeated the raiders, then proceeded to deconstruct all 3 ships.

No problem with first ship. But second and third ships left behind the ship texture.

That may be linked to the error where ships get duplicated. I'm currently trying to fix this.

Quote from: Nord on June 26, 2017, 08:49:46 AM
Any way to remove landing sites which i dont need anymore? Looks like some of them expiring and some not.

I've introduced an option to forcefully remove the world object for the next patch.

Quote from: Austintrollinski on June 25, 2017, 07:57:43 PM
will there be a patch to not let raiders use the drop ships

Maybe I'll include an option in the mod settings.

Nord

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on June 26, 2017, 01:30:13 PM
Quote from: Nord on June 26, 2017, 08:49:46 AM
Any way to remove landing sites which i dont need anymore? Looks like some of them expiring and some not.

I've introduced an option to forcefully remove the world object for the next patch.
Ok, i got it - player must remove all buildings from dropsite, including snowman.:)

Constance68W

So, I'm having some issues with this mod and it's all ... on how to use it?

I've got 4 settlers tasked to be loaded (is that wrong?) and I've got say.. 250 steel, 25 meals, 250 wood, and a mortar and it's ammo.
I set MinHaulersRequired to 4, so everyone's loading, right?

One person seems to load it and the other three wander about doing nothing..
Then the game tells me that it's done, but only 1/2 or 3/4 of the cargo is loaded?

s44yuritch

How I do the loading:

1. Make sure your airfield (where the ship is) is close to the storage area. Ideally it's surrounded by storage areas and all items you want are in them, so there is no need to go across the base to fetch anything
2. Assign the cargo to be loaded, and some haulers (I don't see any advantage of assigning more than 1, only 1 will load anyway). Do not assign pawns to be loaded directly. Keep track of the cargo mass when doing that
3. When you see the message that loading is finished (usually the last item to be loaded is left on the ground at that moment), order pawns to 'enter ship' manually. Only order a pawn to do so after the previous pawn entered the ship, it seems you can't have more than one doing anithing with the ship at the same time. If the pawns don't enter (they walk to ship and just immediately jump out) this means the ship is overloaded, you might want to drop some passengers out (not sure if dropping cargo helps)

Mitz

i had a minor glitch which THREE OHU dropships landed right on top of my base - for a seige. i deleted the evidence but a lot of my base got wrecked.
sir, this has to be removed, i'm not joking. this is overpowered.
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

Cpt.Ohu

Currently some change in the reservation is preventing more than one pawn interacting. It's annoying, I know, and I'm on it.

As a general info: if you don't like aerial raids, delete the incident folder ins Defs. In the next update I'll out the spawn point a bit further away from your  Base center.

Constance68W

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on June 27, 2017, 12:15:22 PM
Currently some change in the reservation is preventing more than one pawn interacting. It's annoying, I know, and I'm on it.

As a general info: if you don't like aerial raids, delete the incident folder ins Defs. In the next update I'll out the spawn point a bit further away from your  Base center.
Quote from: s44yuritch on June 27, 2017, 05:35:16 AM
How I do the loading:

1. Make sure your airfield (where the ship is) is close to the storage area. Ideally it's surrounded by storage areas and all items you want are in them, so there is no need to go across the base to fetch anything
2. Assign the cargo to be loaded, and some haulers (I don't see any advantage of assigning more than 1, only 1 will load anyway). Do not assign pawns to be loaded directly. Keep track of the cargo mass when doing that
3. When you see the message that loading is finished (usually the last item to be loaded is left on the ground at that moment), order pawns to 'enter ship' manually. Only order a pawn to do so after the previous pawn entered the ship, it seems you can't have more than one doing anithing with the ship at the same time. If the pawns don't enter (they walk to ship and just immediately jump out) this means the ship is overloaded, you might want to drop some passengers out (not sure if dropping cargo helps)

@Cpt.Ohu - That's awesome news, I'm looking forward to an update!
This is EXACTLY what I was looking/hoping for with RimWorld..

@s44yuritch - Appreciate it, I'd been testing a little more today and your post cleared it up for me even more.

Much appreciated everyone!  8)

shaggy08251993

I replaced the dropship texture with the Pelican dropship from Halo. It is pretty sweet :}

Warforyou

Quote from: Mitz on June 27, 2017, 09:43:53 AM
i had a minor glitch which THREE OHU dropships landed right on top of my base - for a seige. i deleted the evidence but a lot of my base got wrecked.

Losing is fun!

Halcyel

Hello, first thing thank you very much for this amazing mod.
Second, I'm having an issue when i go to Enemy Outpost and The Crashed Site, the game say "command settlefail" and other thing, when I raid 1 outpost and give the order attack outpost the ship totally dissapear xD, I dont know if is a bug or an issue with the other mods I have.

Cpt.Ohu

Well, Outposts are new world objects of A17. I just barely managed to get this playable for A17, I haven't accounted for new features yet. The next build will account for most world objects that have a map.

Quote from: Warforyou on June 27, 2017, 07:26:41 PM

Losing is fun!

Maybe I should include AA turrets...

s44yuritch

Another thing about pirate raid with dropships: when it happens, the message doesn't have any indication as to where they are landing. This is an issue when you have more than one base - with as little time to react as this gives, you don't even know which base is being raided!

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on June 28, 2017, 01:36:10 AM
Well, Outposts are new world objects of A17. I just barely managed to get this playable for A17, I haven't accounted for new features yet. The next build will account for most world objects that have a map.

Quote from: Warforyou on June 27, 2017, 07:26:41 PM

Losing is fun!

Maybe I should include AA turrets...

Told you ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DoReVo

Whenever i used the ship to go to any "event" on the world map such as the faulty generator that causes tremor, or bandit outpost that was spawned by mission, the ship dissappear when I load the map.