[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: dziwigor on April 25, 2017, 06:41:25 AM
I mean when you return to "home base" "docking area" :)

If a map exists on the target tile, you can select the location you want the ship to target. Of course it's difficult to get the exact position, so there may be an offset by several cells, or an entirely different location in general it can't find a fitting place.

Quote from: bonmar14 on April 25, 2017, 08:30:07 AM
Hi I have an error when I assign a ship to a fleet
this error pops up

Was a small oversight left over from changing some texture paths. It is fixed now.

Quote from: Man_Jones on April 25, 2017, 11:22:50 AM
I ask because for some reason when my guys finished building it I essentially voided my resources.

Harmony gets installed with the mod. I'm unsure what caused that error, I'll look into it.

Quote from: jecrell on April 25, 2017, 11:11:57 AM
You magnificent bastard, you did it.

Thank you good sir. I reccon this mod just cries for a millenium falcon  ;)

dareddevil7

I had an issue where i went to a faction and bought a person, flew back to the colony and the person i bought wasnt on the ship.

sidfu

ok here we go

first when when leave a area u landed at i got this error
Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at World/WorldObjects/AircraftDropSpot in any active mod or in base resources.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ContentFinder`1:Get(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.WorldObjectDef:get_ExpandingIconTexture()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldObject:get_ExpandingIcon()
RimWorld.Planet.ExpandableWorldObjectsUtility:ExpandableWorldObjectsOnGUI()
RimWorld.WorldInterface:WorldInterfaceOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

second might want to add something to prevent leaving without anyone in your home area. for testing i only dropped with 1 person god mode the ship in and launched. if u do that then game thinks everyone dead if no one is left on your home map.

found another bug also if u hit 0 in the load menu when their items in then the item count will start shooting up. lucky it don't actually dup the items.

should add a note to only use on a new game. tested on both my existing colonies and both was null refff when triing to build it so needs a new game to use.

and like promised here are the files u can post for a patch on op for anyone using hardcore sk. it only modifies the material they made out of to bring them inline with HC materials and balance

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

SpaceDorf

And I just wanted to post my bug report ..

but when I need a new game, the report is void .. it's the same as sidfu got.
I added the OhU - Dropship to a running game, bought out a bulk trader for the ressources .. and than it just vanished into thin air ..

Exception in Tick (pawn=Teresa, job=FinishFrame A=Thing_OHUDropShip_Frame2113583, CurToil=2): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at OHUShips.ShipBase.InitiateShipProperties () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at OHUShips.ShipBase.PostMake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Frame.CompleteConstruction (Verse.Pawn worker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_ConstructFinishFrame+<MakeNewToils>c__IteratorE.<>m__36 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

==============EDIT I ======================

Good thing I reread the first post and the part about adding the tracker object.

I made a new game and copied the tracker object over, the ship is built, fueled and my pawns are loading all my surplus leather into the cargo bay.
Let's See what happens next.

==============EDIT II ======================
Mind Blown.
That was so frackin' awesome.

I flew over to another town, traded a bit and flew back.

Then Thing fell apart, two pawns of mine were no longer with my colony, one kept loading the ship like crazy, the other wandered around aimlessly ..
... maybe I botched the save-edit .. I saw the class ID's to late.

========================================
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Man_Jones

Actually one issue of mine maybe that I tried this on an existing world.

Ceanox

Got this error, Already been pointed out. But i really need some clarification to it. As I've been on my World for 6 years now And This mod literally brought a tear to my eye of how good it was. Basically when it's built the blueprint goes away, this comes up and nothing is built.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at OHUShips.ShipBase.InitiateShipProperties () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at OHUShips.ShipBase.PostMake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.DesignateSingleCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignatorManager.ProcessInputEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleMapClicks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

If anybody knows how i can make it work with an existing world please tell me.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 25, 2017, 01:35:42 PM
I had an issue where i went to a faction and bought a person, flew back to the colony and the person i bought wasnt on the ship.

Include animals to that report.
But I will check out the passenger seats on the shuttle first, could be a case of Works as Intended.

========== EDIT III ======================
the dirty, dirty savegame hack continues.
The class defining the World Object OHU Dropships need is as follows

<li Class="OHUShips.ShipTracker">
<def>ShipTracker</def>
<ID>XXX</ID>
<tile>113877</tile>
<faction>null</faction>
<PlayerFleetManager>
<keys />
<values />
</PlayerFleetManager>
<AllWorldShips />
</li>

Look for the line : " </worldObjects> " in your savegame.
It is the end of the World Objects definition ^^

Put the piece of code behind the last class definition.
Add one to the ID of the former last Class Definition and replace XXX with it.

So far it worked for me .. but I also write my bug reports and test results here .. so no guarantee
it works. Don't blame me, and certainly not the good Cpt.

And don't forget .. don't edit & play with the same file   ::)

Last .. I attach my modlist as textfile ... I finally caught up to Skyrim .. 223 and going ..

==========================================================

So .. after the  maiden flight of the OHU Dropship "Dark Cutlass"  ( now Loaded and Boarded as intended ) Master Adiemus returned with lots of plaststeel and components.
Sadly he forgot all the animals he bought. The half dozen grizzlies, the breeding pair of Volt Goats,
and even my 2 Smurfettes ..

This seems to make him so sad that he wanders around without thinknodes

Master Adiemus doing ThinkNode_Duty with no duty.
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

The other nine pawns, who helped loading the ship wander around the same way. Without error message.

For the game, they still seem to be on their way somewhere, because when I try to form a caravan only 4 pawns are available.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Fightera100

Would love to try out the mod on my existing save game but it seems that for other people it either errors and/or turns them into zombies lol

SpaceDorf

There might be a slight chance of mod incompability in my case ..

You don't know, if you don't try  ;D

Fightera100

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 26, 2017, 07:23:22 AM

Having almost 60 mods is probably a dead sentence since I don't know how much you have that change gameplay, but I'll try it soon

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Fightera100 on April 26, 2017, 07:47:05 AM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 26, 2017, 07:23:22 AM

Having almost 60 mods is probably a dead sentence since I don't know how much you have that change gameplay, but I'll try it soon

225 as of Today.
And I can't tell how many of those change Pawn or Caravan behaviour.
Those are the ones I would put my focus on.
Psychology, Relationship Extensions, Trade Spot, Caravan Spot, Hospitality.

Or start a new colony and devmode the ressources to see what happens with your list .. this will be my next step.

Cpt.Ohu

Note to self: Don't release a mod that might be popular and start a new job in the same week...

Uploaded a quick update that autmatically creates the shiptracker if it isn't present yet. That should fix the adding during play. I had the fix on the computer already and just forgot the final click to upload.

There seem to be problems with clearig the Lord that manages shiploading and the reloading of cargo into the ships after trading. I can look into it tonight.

Though I can say that pawn slots are indeed limited. I'll probably try and do a better system of differentiating between human passengers and animals, so animals get assigned to the cargo bay and don't stay behind.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on April 26, 2017, 12:21:22 PM
Note to self: Don't release a mod that might be popular and start a new job in the same week...

There seem to be problems with clearig the Lord that manages shiploading and the reloading of cargo into the ships after trading. I can look into it tonight.

Though I can say that pawn slots are indeed limited. I'll probably try and do a better system of differentiating between human passengers and animals, so animals get assigned to the cargo bay and don't stay behind.

I try to remember your note .. that really seems a bad Idea. Congratz on the Job, though.

If you are working on the problem, and there is a solution in sight, I will stop harassing your mod and wait till after the fix ..

I forgot .. Rikiki mentioned a performance boost on Caveworld Flora ..

===== EDIT =====

I also forgot .. There are some notifications about impassable Terrain and Teleporting Pawns when you land the ship on top of one .. I don't know whats the problem there ..

Cpt.Ohu

@sidfu:

Thank you for providing the files and error reports.

Traded pawns should now stay on the ships. Only humanlike pawns get listed as passengers. Mass calculations are still a bit off, so atm you can buy more stock than should fit into the ship. Enjoy it while it lasts ;)

I added a check for ships in orbit, so no gameover should pop up if all your pawns are traveling.

The texture-thing I can't explain from the base mod, since the paths are ok.

The bug about rising numbers during loading seems to occur after trading. I haven't yet gotten to the bottom of this unfortunately.

@ SpaceDorf:
What do you mean by performance boost?

Mountains are indeed not listed as passable yet because I'm still unsure what to do with those areas and how to handle stationary ships on the worldmap in general. I'll probably set it so they drain fuel until you either land them or they crash, and landing in high mountains isn't recommended as far as I know. This setting will probably stay in.

Man_Jones