[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLk

with two ships parked, if i return one, both disapears with no error D:

s44yuritch

About industrial planes: they have their own research (Flight and Airship patent) available at Industrial tech level, but completing those does not allow to build them. You still need the Shipbuilding basics research, which is further up the tree and requires multianalyzer.

SpaceDorf

Sorry .. thats my bad :)

Thanks for the Info.

Fixed.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

s44yuritch

Checked the differences between this new xml and the old one, and this part of the new looks suspicious (it is for the Airship, line 232):

<fuelFilter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Coal</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </fuelFilter>

In the old def this used to be chemfuel. Are you sure there is coal in unmodified game?

SpaceDorf

nope, there is not :)

I thought you were using the Industrial Revolution Mod, where both Vehicles originate from.

SpaceDorf

@Cpt.Ohu :

I have a request for the Mod .. could you increase the displayed length of the weapon port name so bigger names fit ?

And I am afraid I am going to have more requests in the future .. maybe some of them become pull requests :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

s44yuritch

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 14, 2017, 06:48:11 PM
I thought you were using the Industrial Revolution Mod, where both Vehicles originate from.

I'm using them with Dropships mod, but not the Industrial Revolution itself.

But that's not a problem, I merged only the parts I need into the XML (now that I see what they are).
Thank you for the quick fix :)

ptx

My first ship .....and it's stuck there. After launching the ship, it flew towards the edge of the base map, gone, and it just sits there on the world map. It's fully fueled, 1500 chemfuels. Visit friendly settlement, stuck. A drop at the edge, also stuck. I waited a minute, an hour, a day, and it's still stuck there.

Still  a great mod though, I think the aerial surprise attack is excellent. Build a base on the open field, and bam, death from above. Build a base into the mountain, infestation. In vanilla, open field is safer. With this mod, there are no safe place in the rimworld. I have lost 2 colonies, due to pirates dropping directly on top of my open field base. Now, my current mountain base can support an airplane....... and it's going nowhere. Just my luck.
Bottom most on the mod list, no result. Uppermost on my mod list (just below hugslibs etc), also no luck. Removing any caravan related mod, still stuck.
I guess it's traditional caravan for me then.

SpaceDorf

Lady Wolf

I noticed a graphical bug today, after your ship lands if you have it take off and then land again in the same square but different area it just took off from, (such as relanding the ship on the other side of your base to be closer to resources you wish to load before flying off,)

It will leave a second "ghost" graphic of the ship that will appear to land and park in the original position on the map. If you save and reload however the ghost will vanish, but still seems worth mentioning.

ptx

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 15, 2017, 05:58:56 AM
Can you upload your save game and modlist ?

I suppose I could do that, but I'm inclined to say no, due to my mod list contains that one single exiled mod which gives nymphomaniac pawn (better than smokeleaf). :D

My assumption for any mod is that the mod creator have tested their own mod multiple times before release. Bottom line, the mod works on their computer.
What the modder don't control is the interaction between mods in the end user's computer. Not yet anyway (well, except in mod packs and friendly patches).

So when a mod doesn't work like what I'm experiencing, I'll just chalk this one as Unity 32 bit quirkiness.
It's not the first time I've broken a game due to large number of mods. As a KSP player, unity 32 bit does weird things, and sometimes it makes a few mods don't work. It's like unity just decides to simply forgot those few mod, it still loads the mod graphics, but not the mod mechanics. When KSP switches to unity 64 bit, it becomes stable, friendly to large amount of mods. That's my experience anyway, using 6GB RAM and windows 8.1 64 bit. Others have said the 32 bit version is more stable, perhaps because they use smaller amount of mods.

My solution simply to select few mods as core, must have mods, and usually it will work again. Then add other less essential mods, one by one, until it broke again. :D

It's still an alpha game, so, if anything don't work, I certainly don't mind.
I wanted to start a new run anyway. In my current game, male pawn has a reproductive organ from Birds and Bees mod AND a dick from the exiled mod ....that mental image does not sit well in my head.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: ptx on September 16, 2017, 12:59:23 AM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 15, 2017, 05:58:56 AM
Can you upload your save game and modlist ?

It's still an alpha game, so, if anything don't work, I certainly don't mind.
I wanted to start a new run anyway. In my current game, male pawn has a reproductive organ from Birds and Bees mod AND a dick from the exiled mod ....that mental image does not sit well in my head.

Oh you mean THAT mod ..  ;D
I removed it because of the inherent weirdness .. but had no problems with the dropships when using it.
And having a few RimSlaves around is nearly as useful.

I hope you find the problem :)

Smellfungus

Have the issues with "Object reference not set" been fixed yet? And if not, any chance of a save fix? It seems that building a second dropship has broken OHU on my new save. Never flown it, no fleets used, but still it disappeared and my original had become orphaned. :(

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 14, 2017, 06:56:15 PM
@Cpt.Ohu :

I have a request for the Mod .. could you increase the displayed length of the weapon port name so bigger names fit ?

And I am afraid I am going to have more requests in the future .. maybe some of them become pull requests :)

Knock yourself out. If it's working I have nothing against pulls. Right now increasing the port name space isn't that high on my list of priorities though.

Quote from: ptx on September 15, 2017, 05:35:14 AM

My first ship .....and it's stuck there. After launching the ship, it flew towards the edge of the base map, gone, and it just sits there on the world map. It's fully fueled, 1500 chemfuels. Visit friendly settlement, stuck. A drop at the edge, also stuck. I waited a minute, an hour, a day, and it's still stuck there.

Still  a great mod though, I think the aerial surprise attack is excellent. Build a base on the open field, and bam, death from above. Build a base into the mountain, infestation. In vanilla, open field is safer. With this mod, there are no safe place in the rimworld. I have lost 2 colonies, due to pirates dropping directly on top of my open field base. Now, my current mountain base can support an airplane....... and it's going nowhere. Just my luck.
Bottom most on the mod list, no result. Uppermost on my mod list (just below hugslibs etc), also no luck. Removing any caravan related mod, still stuck.
I guess it's traditional caravan for me then.

Did any errors show up when you selected that ship? If it is the first and you just launched it, that's rather strange. Can you start from an earlier safe and repeat the same steps?

Quote from: Lady Wolf on September 15, 2017, 08:21:01 PM
I noticed a graphical bug today, after your ship lands if you have it take off and then land again in the same square but different area it just took off from, (such as relanding the ship on the other side of your base to be closer to resources you wish to load before flying off,)

It will leave a second "ghost" graphic of the ship that will appear to land and park in the original position on the map. If you save and reload however the ghost will vanish, but still seems worth mentioning.

Is this happening consistently? I can jump around my map as much as I like without any ships doublespawning.

Quote from: Smellfungus on September 17, 2017, 11:19:35 AM
Have the issues with "Object reference not set" been fixed yet? And if not, any chance of a save fix? It seems that building a second dropship has broken OHU on my new save. Never flown it, no fleets used, but still it disappeared and my original had become orphaned. :(

Not yet, mainly because I haven't been able to reproduce it 1:1 and am still looking for possible explanations.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on September 18, 2017, 05:47:30 PM
Knock yourself out. If it's working I have nothing against pulls. Right now increasing the port name space isn't that high on my list of priorities though.

Thanks. I will try my very best.
I just thought this might be nothing more than tweaking a few variables.