[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

CPT.OHU!!!!!!

WOW~~~~~~

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 25, 2017, 07:35:59 PM

Sadly he forgot all the animals he bought. The half dozen grizzlies, the breeding pair of Volt Goats,
and even my 2 Smurfettes ..

This seems to make him so sad that he wanders around without thinknodes

LMAO!!!  Next time ppl ask me what i'm doing, I can answer that "I'm just stoning without my thinknodes"

DarkShadowp

hey!

I got a situation were the panws envolved in loading the ship get in a permanent state of wandering.
I don't know why this happens but it only happens if i change the haulers number on the bottom of the loading screen to a specific number.

anyone got this situation?

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: DarkShadowp on April 26, 2017, 07:26:29 PM
hey!

I got a situation were the panws envolved in loading the ship get in a permanent state of wandering.
I don't know why this happens but it only happens if i change the haulers number on the bottom of the loading screen to a specific number.

This shouldn't happen with the latest version. There are several checks in there where the job to load the ship gets cancelled. I cannot reproduce that, even with 10 haulers and 0 passengers my pawns work normally. In that case, it's probably a mod conflict.

Quote from: Man_Jones on April 26, 2017, 05:56:47 PM
Has the download been updated yet?

Yes

DarkShadowp

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on April 27, 2017, 12:49:53 AM
hey!

This shouldn't happen with the latest version. There are several checks in there where the job to load the ship gets cancelled. I cannot reproduce that, even with 10 haulers and 0 passengers my pawns work normally. In that case, it's probably a mod conflict.

Installed the newer version of the mod but the problem is still there. After they fill up the ship with 0 passengers, everyone involved on the process starts wondering after and they won't eat or sleep or do anything unless i tell them to do.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on April 26, 2017, 05:51:10 PM

@ SpaceDorf:
What do you mean by performance boost?

Mountains are indeed not listed as passable yet because I'm still unsure what to do with those areas and how to handle stationary ships on the worldmap in general. I'll probably set it so they drain fuel until you either land them or they crash, and landing in high mountains isn't recommended as far as I know. This setting will probably stay in.

The Impassable Tiles where just a funny coincident with your mod, nothing to worry about.

Erika my local Cannibal/Doctor was strolling across the landing zone of my homebase, when the Dropship landed right on top of her, so she was inside the impassable 5x2 area of the ship.

The game grumbled a bit about it in the error log, than she made a jump to the left, and a little step to the right, and everything was okay again. ( got teleported out, by the engine )

The Performance boost I was talking about happened two weeks ago, when I was reporting ( whining ) that the Caveworld Flora mod was responsible for the game slowing down to a crawl between 18h and 6h ingame time. .. I just wanted to say I am off to bugger someone else :-D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DarkShadowp

Quote from: DarkShadowp on April 27, 2017, 09:51:13 AM
Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on April 27, 2017, 12:49:53 AM
hey!

Installed the newer version of the mod but the problem is still there. After they fill up the ship with 0 passengers, everyone involved on the process starts wondering after and they won't eat or sleep or do anything unless i tell them to do.

Update:

Tested for mod conflict but the problem continued to appear.

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at OHUShips.LoadShipCargoUtility.JobLoadShipCargo (Verse.Pawn p, OHUShips.ShipBase ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at OHUShips.JobGiver_LoadShipCargo.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:EndJobWith(JobCondition)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:CheckCurrentToilEndOrFail()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.<MoveOffTargetBlueprint>c__AnonStorey464:<>m__6CD()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

This only happened once. normally no error appears, just the endless wandering.
Couldn't find any solution even with all mods turned off

SpaceDorf

Quote from: jecrell on April 25, 2017, 11:11:57 AM
I'm not here to report any bugs or say anything other than.
You magnificent bastard, you did it.

That's the only thing left to say.

After the Loading was completed, Jedi Master Adiemus boarded the ship and his Apprentice Abe got back to making Dusters.

I flew to five different outposts, traded away four crates of cargo for some medicine, components and plaststeel. Also I bought 4 War Orphans, 3 Boomalopes and 6 Polar Bears and a Krayt Dragon Pearl.

Everybody arrived home safely, and Master Adiemus relaxed by planting some crops.
I released everything from the cargo bay and the bears and boomalopes instantly started mating,
while my minions and robots refueled the ship and stored the good I bought.

By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan , I cried true ( very manly ) tears of joy.

======== EDIT ========

I added my modlist again, so these 225 Mods seem to be compatible for now.
( No Promises, so keep a backup  )

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

KWPAllDay

I tried putting MAI robots in the ship and they are counted as cargo. When I try to take them out they disappear. Lol.

SpaceDorf

And I forgot to add my Wishlist :)

A Fuel Display on the Worldmap .. never knowing how far the Ship can fly is quite the Adventure.

And a question : the target I place when landing the ship in my base ? Which point of the ship will land there ?

Canute

Quote from: KWPAllDay on April 27, 2017, 04:51:18 PM
I tried putting MAI robots in the ship and they are counted as cargo. When I try to take them out they disappear. Lol.

Misc robots or MAI's ?

MAI's allways should be pawns and never cargo, they are just a different race.

Misc. robots, the bot's itself you shouldn't be able to add to them or a caravan. Only the minified base are able to get transported. Ofcouse you should call the robot back before or it don't find a place to recharge anymore and will explode at the end, and destroyed robot means the base get destroyed too.

dziwigor

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 27, 2017, 06:27:05 PM
And I forgot to add my Wishlist :)

A Fuel Display on the Worldmap .. never knowing how far the Ship can fly is quite the Adventure.

And a question : the target I place when landing the ship in my base ? Which point of the ship will land there ?

Unfortunatley ships seem to land in random spot near that target.
My experiment was: I built floor tile and repeatedly launched and landed, targeting that tile, and each time dropship was 1-3 tiles north  of that target, but each time target was "within lenght" of dropship, but randomly few tiles left or right. So, again, the answer seems to be "random" :(

Please, Cpt. OHU, change it to "N-E corner of dropship rectangle...

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: dziwigor on April 28, 2017, 05:56:15 AM
Please, Cpt. OHU, change it to "N-E corner of dropship rectangle...

It's not that simple because you may select a point where the ship shouldn't be able to land with the rest of the ship, like the rear end poking right into the mountain (which admittedly still can happen atm). Also: The same code works for launching multiple ships. The point you select is just the center around which the pilots look for a place to land. That's why on a single ship, the actual position varies.

I'll see what I can do about this, but can't make any promises.

Also: I now finally got the wander error. Fix will be up later today.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 27, 2017, 03:45:28 PM
Quote from: jecrell on April 25, 2017, 11:11:57 AM
I'm not here to report any bugs or say anything other than.
You magnificent bastard, you did it.

That's the only thing left to say.

After the Loading was completed, Jedi Master Adiemus boarded the ship and his Apprentice Abe got back to making Dusters.

I flew to five different outposts, traded away four crates of cargo for some medicine, components and plaststeel. Also I bought 4 War Orphans, 3 Boomalopes and 6 Polar Bears and a Krayt Dragon Pearl.

Everybody arrived home safely, and Master Adiemus relaxed by planting some crops.
I released everything from the cargo bay and the bears and boomalopes instantly started mating,
while my minions and robots refueled the ship and stored the good I bought.

By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan , I cried true ( very manly ) tears of joy.

======== EDIT ========

You are epic.

AngleWyrm

What/where is F_ColonyManager?
Google returned no hits.

current mod list attached

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

SpaceDorf

Quote from: AngleWyrm on April 28, 2017, 04:35:02 PM

What/where is F_ColonyManager?
Google returned no hits.

current mod list attached

I renamed Fluffies mods with a F in Front so I can find them next to each other in the mod menu :-D
They should be all in there, except for the Birds and the Bees and the Relations Tab.