[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gianludiciassei

I have downloaded this mod and installed in an existing savegame, everything seemed ok but when i built the First ship and loaded It with 200 chemfuel i tried to send It to another colony that only takes 43 fuel to be reached but in the selector of the destination any tiles was signed like "out of range" like i had no fuel at all.
I have the more vanilla turrets mod and the Save our Ship mod too can someone tell me if there is any way to solve this bug (or if in Just missing something?)

Canute

How do you know it just need 43 chemfuel ?
Does your regular transport pod need that much fuel ? You can't compare them with the dropship, they need alot more fuel.

You just should spawn with the dev. tools alot of chemfuel, fuel up the dropship to 2000, i think that the max, and try it out then.

Commander Beanbag

Found a nasty hitching problem caused by this mod. Or most likely is; I have 120 mods and it can get confusing.

The work subtype to install/uninstall ship weapons, added as part of Construction task, causes a short but extremely frequent hitch, because it triggers every time a builder pawn looks for a new job to do.
To fix this, you can install Fluffy's work tab and unassign this work subtype, or completely delete it from your copy of the mod.

Jagerius

It would be really nice to include this super obvious bug with this mod, that if you land directly on item stash or quest area your ship will just disappear. I've just lost like half day in real time trying to save half of my colony stranded in some shithole because I coudn't go back that far on foot. One guy just slit his wrist and died to infections because they spent like a quadrum or two w/o nothing in 3x3 makeshift "house".

WraithCadmus

I'm struggling to launch my first dropship. I have a large amount of disparate items to load so it takes a while, so I assign a few haulers in the bottom-left of the UI. The problem is if they get interrupted by food, sleep, or taking penox they forget about loading the ship and return to normal. I could try again but I don't know if that's going to cause me more issues down the line, and for some cargo as it tracks stacks I don't know how much I already have easily.

I tried this with all my other mods disabled on a fresh map and I was able to replicate the issue, even with starter colonists who had nothing better to do but haul.

s44yuritch

This happens to me all the time: people forget about loading task. So I just re-order the ship to be loaded. Keep track of weight indicator in the load window, this includes already loaded items.

In my experience, this has more to do with how long the loading takes and not just the number of items. So, if the ship is very close to the stockpile, more items can be loaded before interruption.

Goldini50

Hey guys,
Im struggling with launching my Dropship.
If I click on "Launch" and select any target within range, the only thing what happen is that my ship is shown on the world map and stuck on the same tile like my colony is.
It just doesn't move.
Tried the following things to fix this issue:
- different mod load order ( beginning / end)
- new savegame
- different space ships

Im using the latest version of this mod.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Goldini50

Tested with 200 / 1000. As I checked it doesn't work I used Dev tools to set the fuel to max - unfortunately without success.

WraithCadmus

What's the 'correct' way to go to events with this mod? Is it to Touchdown or do you need to land a hex over and leave someone with the ship?

Canute

phas made a patch you can find one page 37, that let the dropship land on the edge instead of center  at event maps.
But without that, yes, land before the map, and let one or all pawn's move to the map, later you can callin the dropship and select where it should land.

WraithCadmus

Landing in the centre isn't the issue (hey it makes chain shottys more fun!), it was that I couldn't load in prisoners/loot, but krzychukoko on the RimWorld Discord pointed me towards needing items to be in stockpiles and/or home areas. I'll give that fork a try. Is it intentional that Touchdown creates a full-size map or is that something going weird with another mod?

WraithCadmus

Also I just wanted to say I love the mod and I'm amazed it works as well as it does given how ambitious it is as a concept. ;D

slayerlucas4

is there any chance of us getting a fix for the pawns thoughts getting messed up? i love your mod but it makes it a little irritating when pawns break after loading and just wonder around aimlessly >.>