[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

The original author currently don't work on this mod, so i wouldn't await anything soon.
Ofcouse it is an open project on Github and other can work on it too, but i wouldn't count on this.

Maybe at Rimworld 1.0 this mod get improved/finished. But currently you need to take it like it is.

Ink.

Question for anyone using this: is there a workaround or fix for being able to load colonists that are incapacitated/refugee/prisoner into the dropships? I have people at a previous battle that I need to get home, and a caravan isn't exactly a great option for my needs (unless someone knows of a vehicle mod for caravans that'll speed things up considerably and let me carry them home).

calantlar

Quote from: Ink. on June 16, 2018, 10:07:41 PM
Question for anyone using this: is there a workaround or fix for being able to load colonists that are incapacitated/refugee/prisoner into the dropships? I have people at a previous battle that I need to get home, and a caravan isn't exactly a great option for my needs (unless someone knows of a vehicle mod for caravans that'll speed things up considerably and let me carry them home).

There's a way but it's a bit messy.

1. Build a small room around the dropship with no roof. (might work with one aswell but i just remove it to be safe for immersions sake and well ... obvious reasons)

2. Build some beds for your injured or prisoners (If you've got both build a small room for one the prisoners inside the original one)

3. Load like normal.

Essentially there needs as few rooms between pawn and dropship as possible when loading to reduce the chance of it bugging out, additionally loading with only one pawn at a time can solve some problems if it comes to that (it's recommended anyways). I will say though from my personal experience once the loading problem occurs and the above doesn't work then i make a NEW save then load it to see if that works, sometimes it does, most of the time it doesn't. I've started making multiple saves when loading, 3 to be precise.

1. The first save I make is before I even give the order to load stuff, this is the most important one since it's the recovery save.
2. Second one I make if im performing a large loading procedure i tend to make one about half way through.
3. One once i'm finished, incase the mod bugs out during launch.

In general loading prisoners is a bit messy, you can use a mod like https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33631.0 to give temporary controll over prisoners (that can walk ofc) to manually transport them in a more expedient way though im not sure how stable the mod is nor if it's compatible with what you run but if it is it could be a nice workaround.

Ruisuki

i tried loading the cargo ship with a colonist and see how far I could go from base and saw that there wasnt a 'cancel load' option so i just didnt click a destination and clicked 'return ship' and saw that the ship left and came back to land on the same spot. Now after my colonist left the ship he is just 'wandering' and doesnt do any action unless I click him manually. Whats going on? does this effect go away?

AnotherFireFox

Is the mod author gone? Where can I get a permission to make a fork of it?

SpaceDorf

Discord or GitHub.
Personal message on the forums might work as well.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Ruisuki

An issue I have is when clicking on a ship nothing shows up at the bottom: load, launch, etc. I cant even click on anything in my colony. Only way to fix is by clicking on a colonist from another colony, then clicking back to the colony. If i create another ship I see the options on it but not my older ship. I left a ton of animals in the cargo bay, i think its been a quadrum since. b18

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at OHUShips.ShipTracker/<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<ShipsInFleet>b__0 (OHUShips.ShipBase) <0x00009>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<OHUShips.ShipBase>.FindAllStackBits (System.Predicate`1<OHUShips.ShipBase>) <0x000c7>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<OHUShips.ShipBase>.FindAll (System.Predicate`1<OHUShips.ShipBase>) <0x00042>
at OHUShips.ShipTracker.ShipsInFleet (int) <0x0006d>
at OHUShips.ShipBase/<GetGizmos>d__76.MoveNext () <0x00662>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>) <0x001b0>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.DrawInspectGizmos () <0x0003e>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility.ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane) <0x00062>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.ExtraOnGUI_Patch1 (object) <0x00013>
at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () <0x00065>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x000d7>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

Tocato

Quote from: Canute on June 02, 2018, 07:14:53 AM
phas made a patch you can find one page 37, that let the dropship land on the edge instead of center  at event maps.
But without that, yes, land before the map, and let one or all pawn's move to the map, later you can callin the dropship and select where it should land.
By 'land before the map' you mean use the 'touch down' option with the ship to generate a temporary map and then send someone to enter the real target location right? How do you get your colonists to leave the touched down map with anything other than the ship though? Is there a form caravan option somewhere?

Canute

Temp. map's should have a green area at the map borders, move a pawn to that and he leave the map and start a caravan.

Tocato

Oh nice! Ty I wasnt aware of that. One thing I want to note is that two of my people who boarded the ships were inspired just mins before leaving the base. They became that way after another colonist back home who still has it, and its supposed to last a week, so they should too. I dont know if the inspiration just disappears when you enter the overworld in vanilla and will reappear when i reenter my colony (a sort of stasis) or if the ships themselves clear the inspired status but just something I thought you should know

Canute

Just a reminder.
This mod is currently not further developed, the author put it on hold until he got more time.
So be aware there are many potential bug's and glitches. You basicly can use it but you shouldn't await that any feature is working correct.

Tocato

Its fine. Just letting him know so hes aware of a potential bug when he gets back to modding.

Smexy_Vampire

love this mod makes me think of the old x-com ufo deffence kinda wish to dive the old skyranger in

swatguy17

asierus24

Anyone having the problem of destroying friendly outposts when visiting/drop on edge them?  Maybe my colonists are riding a nuke lol
My mods:
[1.0/1.1] The Shin-Ra Company Mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47138.0
[1.1/1.2/1.3] Early Firearms Mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48939.msg460152#msg46
[1.1/1.2/1.3][SRTS Expanded]Aircraft & Bombs
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=52594.0