[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edixo

Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Edixo on May 10, 2017, 06:22:55 PM
Quote from: ChaosChronicler on May 10, 2017, 06:08:57 PM
Shipyard?
He added a new ship.

Also, great work Captain.
Okay I'm an idiot. Didn't think to scroll down after downloading 1.2 :P

AngleWyrm

Landing marker
How about some sort of landing marker to designate where ships returning to base will land?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Canute

You played to much Mars ! :-)
The spacecrafts lands near the beacon there.

Or like reuse pod, where incoming own pod's land on a free launcher.
You need to build a landing pad/floor for the ship, or it just randomly land somewhere at the map.

Cpt.Ohu

A parking position for a 'Return to base'  command is in planning.

s44yuritch

After some succesful flights of the two ships I have, I'm not able to use them anymore.

Here is what happens: I order the ship (either of the two) to be loaded, it is loaded, but no colonist ends up inside (no matter if colonists were selected as cargo or not). I then try to right click, Enter ship. The colonist goes to the ship, takes some time to 'enter', and then immediately walks away to do whatever other job he has.

Tried with different colonists, still the same result. In the end the ship has cargo on board, but no pilot, and so can't take off.

This just suddenly started midgame, with no mod change (unless something updated via steam workshop).

PS. Nevermind, figured it out. The ship seems to be overloaded with animals, their mass does not show in loading tab. When I manually dropped all the animals from cargo list, it started working. Some message would be good to show that the ship is overloaded, perhaps?

s44yuritch

Ok, now it's more interesting.

Loaded my ship with animals (yorkshire terriers), sold them all at nearest town. Then, when the ship returned to base, I found the animals are still listed as cargo. So I unloaded them, and now they are all 'wild' (with options to hunt or tame). They aren't listed as belonging to that town's faction.

asquirrel

Oh my god this looks . . . AWESOME!!!  Too bad you couldn't strafe the village before landing. :D

Grax

THere's a bug with assaulting outposts. Colonists load goods into ship and then wandering around refusing to anything.

Grax

erathia

Just posting to say that's an awesome mod, keep up the good work!
Aye aye captain!

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: s44yuritch on May 21, 2017, 09:29:49 AM
Ok, now it's more interesting.

Loaded my ship with animals (yorkshire terriers), sold them all at nearest town. Then, when the ship returned to base, I found the animals are still listed as cargo. So I unloaded them, and now they are all 'wild' (with options to hunt or tame). They aren't listed as belonging to that town's faction.

Weird, since they should disappear normally after trading. I'll take a look as soon as I can.

Quote from: Grax on May 26, 2017, 01:20:36 PM
And "running out of food" is annoying bug too.

What exactly do you mean by that?

Grax

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on May 27, 2017, 02:48:01 AM
Quote from: Grax on May 26, 2017, 01:20:36 PM
And "running out of food" is annoying bug too.
What exactly do you mean by that?
I'm assaulting a hostile outpost, killing there everyone, message says "outpost destroyed".
Then i'm ordering everybody to load goods into ship and while they're running around hauling goods the says somewhat "caravan run out of food" and "caravan reformed", closes local map and then shows world map with a figure of caravan. Ship, goods and people inside the ship already - all that lost.
It happens even when there are a lot of food on the map, and food in the stockpiles.
Seems that it happens when they're hauling goods to the ship, getting hungry and have no food on hands in inventory.

Olny making them settle after destroying outpost prevents such a tragedy.

Rocket_Raccoon

Any guess on an update for a17?
Since i guess a16 version will not work.

Cpt.Ohu

Unfortunately I'm quite busy at the moment. Just today I slowly started updating my mods, which due to their sice will take some time.