[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragnov

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on June 16, 2017, 12:26:02 PM
Well, bad news. The changes to essential elements in the core assembly require extensive rewriting of my own code. So, release of an A17 version will have to wait.
Terrible news indeed, because this mod is absolute kick ass! Now my Enclave-styled slaver colony can't take shape in A17 D:

Hope you will work on it!

Plasmatic

Quote from: Dragnov on June 18, 2017, 09:46:40 AM
Well, bad news. The changes to essential elements in the core assembly require extensive rewriting of my own code. So, release of an A17 version will have to wait.
Terrible news indeed, because this mod is absolute kick ass! Now my Enclave-styled slaver colony can't take shape in A17 D:

Hope you will work on it!

I've been using a couple mods that extend the range of the drop pod launcher a great deal, but I still have to travel back on food, so I would Really like this mod so I can fly back in style!

Umbreon117

Shaggy Warg dung in Lavish meals!!! I so badly want this...CURSE YOU, CURSE YOU WITH A MILLION STACK SIZED ROTTEN RAT CURSE A17! YOU MAY BE AN AWESOME UPDATE, BUT YOU RUINED EVERYTHING IN LIFE!!!
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

chinskidrwal

Cpt.Ohu

Update

I've put up an initial release for A17. There may still be some bugs in there, but they'll be ironed out in time. Have fun dominating the RW airspace once again.

bullet

I didn't even expect it to happen so soon!  :o Thank you kind person!

Bozzarr

The ship sometimes fails to unload passengers. Even worse. IT eats them.
They dissapear from the cargo/passenger list completely.  I am not a coder but I think it might be caused by ship not breaking apart on landing like cargo pods do. If it would treat people as items, the problem might be solved. It only occurs when entering a new area. During touchdown and landing on previously unvisited hex.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Bozzarr on June 20, 2017, 03:18:42 AM
The ship sometimes fails to unload passengers. Even worse. IT eats them.
They dissapear from the cargo/passenger list completely.  I am not a coder but I think it might be caused by ship not breaking apart on landing like cargo pods do. If it would treat people as items, the problem might be solved. It only occurs when entering a new area. During touchdown and landing on previously unvisited hex.

Naaaaah you must be mistaken .. that's just Warhammer 40k Lore .. travelling through the Warp does this sometimes ..  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

s44yuritch

Ok, a bug report.

I got raided by pirates arriving in 3 dropships (directly in my base, smashing walls and furniture). I defeated them and claimed the ships. However, the ships still contain some pirates, as if not everyone got out. I can force them out of (now) my ships, of course, but that seems odd.

Cpt.Ohu

Looks like both bugs are connected. All pawns should disembark normally now, even on new tiles.

s44yuritch

Another bug report: it's not possible to assault a faction outpost with the ships. I mean the outposts from allied faction quests, not faction bases.

When you direct the ship to outpost tile, there is no menu with 'drop at middle / drop at edge', etc., and it just behaves like that was an empty tile. You can't settle of course because there are enemies there.
It's possible to assault these using transport pods, but not dropships.

s44yuritch

And another report. Last item to be loaded into the ship does not get loaded.

As in: I order to load 6 armchairs, 5 are loaded, 6th is left near the ship. The pawn carried it to the ship and then just dropped there.

Next try: ordered to load 1 shotgun. The pawn carried shotgun to the ship and dropped there (there were no other items for loading, so the shotgun was the first and last item)

(ships are very usable even now, those are just some minor glitches)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: s44yuritch on June 20, 2017, 06:11:38 PM
Another bug report: it's not possible to assault a faction outpost with the ships. I mean the outposts from allied faction quests, not faction bases.

When you direct the ship to outpost tile, there is no menu with 'drop at middle / drop at edge', etc., and it just behaves like that was an empty tile. You can't settle of course because there are enemies there.
It's possible to assault these using transport pods, but not dropships.

This is more the case of a new feature not being included yet.
Cpt. Ohu updated the mod from A16 where the Faction Quests where not in the game yet.
I think he has to account for those special occasion maps first before the dropship can get the drop on them :)

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Cpt.Ohu

Indeed. The current update was just about making the mod playable again. The quest map is a new object that my dropships don't recognise at the moment. Shouldn't be too difficult to fix though.

The stuff about loading is more tricky I fear. I'll look into it.

shark510

Also found bug, raiding village by drop at edge or center will dublicate ship (sometimes twice) making one sheep to land at map edge and ghost one exactly at enemy base. Also this kind of assault makes inposible to leave map. Load into ship displays empty window and after 24 hours setlement disapears with pawns and all what was on map  :-\