[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diedel

When i tried to get to the peace talks (Recon And Discovery) it said on landing that i can't settle here as a world object is already present.

Cpt.Ohu

Can you please tell me the exact steps you took for that to happen? Did you start from a landed ship (world map object) or from a map?

Quote from: Diedel on June 22, 2017, 11:06:05 AM
When i tried to get to the peace talks (Recon And Discovery) it said on landing that i can't settle here as a world object is already present.

Well, this check ensures that you cannot settle on an existing faction base. There aren't any checks in yet for other objects that may contain a map.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: shark510 on June 22, 2017, 10:00:23 AM
Also found bug, raiding village by drop at edge or center will duplicate ship (sometimes twice) making one ship to land at map edge and ghost one exactly at enemy base.

I recently saw the same thing while starting a new game with the Map Re-roll mod. When I re-rolled the starting map, I wound up with two dropships and a set of cloned colonists.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Nord

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on June 22, 2017, 01:26:34 PM
Can you please tell me the exact steps you took for that to happen? Did you start from a landed ship (world map object) or from a map?

Well, this check ensures that you cannot settle on an existing faction base. There aren't any checks in yet for other objects that may contain a map.
Can we humbly beg you about compatibility patch?

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 22, 2017, 05:04:25 PM
Quote from: shark510 on June 22, 2017, 10:00:23 AM
Also found bug, raiding village by drop at edge or center will duplicate ship (sometimes twice) making one ship to land at map edge and ghost one exactly at enemy base.

I recently saw the same thing while starting a new game with the Map Re-roll mod. When I re-rolled the starting map, I wound up with two dropships and a set of cloned colonists.

Where were the dropships before? On the same map, traveling on the world map and landing? I haven't yet managed to replicate this.

Did you start the map with the "Start with Ship" Scenario Part?

Quote from: Nord on June 23, 2017, 08:46:59 AM
Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on June 22, 2017, 01:26:34 PM

Can we humbly beg you about compatibility patch?

I can take a look, however I'm not sure it's feasible to put out a dozen compability patches for each possible mod that adds visitable world objects. When in doubt, land next to it, put up a guardian for the ship and walk over by foot.

Exoray

Not sure if its a bug or not but I only get attacked by dropships now, its annoying as they land center of map and destroy anything it lands on.
I no longer get raids/sieges from edge of map they always arrive by dropship. Only happens for human attackers, mechs still arrive from the edge of the map.

Cpt.Ohu

Might be I put increased the probability of them too much. I'll nerf the chances for it to happen.

shark510

Cpt.Ohu your mod are great! It brings that gameplay feature, that is only shortly touched in vanilla (i tired to build two side dropships, to raid vilage and then fastly return back)
Hope to see your main mod updated to! (wh40k forever) ;D )

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on June 23, 2017, 10:58:36 AM
Might be I put increased the probability of them too much. I'll nerf the chances for it to happen.
Probabilities are the same thing as how often you want something to happen.

The shortest example I can make:
13% chance = 13/100 chances;
frequency = 1/chances = 100/13 = 7.69 typical distance between occurrences.

Want something to happen about every 30 tries?
30/1 frequency = 1/30 chances = 3.33% chance
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

s44yuritch

Is there a way to rotate a ship 90 degrees after it's already built? I tried using the usual building rotation buttons when selecting a landing spot, and they don't seem to work.

TKTom

Quote from: s44yuritch on June 21, 2017, 05:18:04 AM
And another report. Last item to be loaded into the ship does not get loaded.

As in: I order to load 6 armchairs, 5 are loaded, 6th is left near the ship. The pawn carried it to the ship and then just dropped there.

Next try: ordered to load 1 shotgun. The pawn carried shotgun to the ship and dropped there (there were no other items for loading, so the shotgun was the first and last item)

(ships are very usable even now, those are just some minor glitches)

I wonder if this is the same bug reported in vanilla:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33947.0

May be worth checking if you can load normal drop pods in your game.

s44yuritch

Normal transport pods don't have this issue, everything is loaded.

Austintrollinski

will there be a patch to not let raiders use the drop ships

Wraithling

3 enemy drop ships entered into my base, I defeated the raiders, then proceeded to deconstruct all 3 ships.

No problem with first ship. But second and third ships left behind the ship texture.

Nord

Any way to remove landing sites which i dont need anymore? Looks like some of them expiring and some not.