[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nord

Quote from: Constance68W on July 04, 2017, 01:32:14 PM
***BUG***

So, I've got my dropships placed at their landing pad...
I loaded in my save this morning to see that when I "select" the dropship.. None of the actions at the bottom of the screen come up?
WHAT HAPPENED?!

This also happens when you select the "set parking/landing zone" icon..

And I also can't deconstruct my dropships.. I had to get the DevConsole up and use the destroy tool, so at least I saved the ChemFuel..
Encountered this bug also. It is ship turret responsible of it. Dont know why.

SpaceDorf

So it would be best to just ignore the weapon slots completely ?

So take some turrets and fueled generators with you .. or drop them in by pod ..

or get some raiderpedes and go all Protoss on your enemies.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Constance68W

Weird... I haven't even messed with the turrets... :/

@SpaceDorf - I've been taking a pair of mortars and enough steel for sandbags, some medicine and packaged survival meals, dropping some sleeping spots in case we get wounded.. All hands on deck for my raids.

Cpt.Ohu

Alright, revised the parking position saving.

@Spacedorf
If you are absolutely concerned about your savegame, turrets may be a bit difficult atm.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Constance68W on July 05, 2017, 04:39:37 PM
Weird... I haven't even messed with the turrets... :/

@SpaceDorf - I've been taking a pair of mortars and enough steel for sandbags, some medicine and packaged survival meals, dropping some sleeping spots in case we get wounded.. All hands on deck for my raids.

Yeah :) Home away from Home.

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on July 05, 2017, 06:15:49 PM

@Spacedorf
If you are absolutely concerned about your savegame, turrets may be a bit difficult atm.

Thanks, it is not mainly out of concern, just good to know how to avoid trouble in general.

123nick

i get this error whenever the game autosaves: i have a dropship sitting around, built, with like, 7 chemfuel in the fuel tank, but thats about it. tis completely empty. any help?

also, can we have the ability to choose where a ship touches down in a map zone?

bolbies

When I load my game up I get these two errors:

Exception ticking OHUDropShip13732629: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at OHUShips.DropShipUtility.AllPawnsInShip (OHUShips.ShipBase ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at OHUShips.ShipBase.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.Game:<LoadGame>m__843()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
at System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (object,object) <0x00042>
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any<Verse.Thing> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Thing>,System.Func`2<Verse.Thing, bool>) <0x0001f>
at OHUShips.ShipBase.get_pilotPresent () <0x00090>
at OHUShips.ShipBase.get_ReadyForTakeoff () <0x00011>
at OHUShips.ShipBase/<GetGizmos>d__72.MoveNext () <0x000f5>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>) <0x001b8>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.DrawInspectGizmos () <0x0003e>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility.ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane) <0x00062>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.ExtraOnGUI () <0x00014>
at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () <0x00065>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x000d7>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

KLk

nice mod, i had some bugs, i can't attack enemy bases with the ship i have to touchdown in the next tile and then make a caravan, it's fine but annoying and the other bug is sometimes i can't use the ship or the game screen, optiones use the pals, and so on :(

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: 123nick on July 06, 2017, 05:22:39 AM
i have a dropship sitting around, built, with like, 7 chemfuel in the fuel tank, but thats about it. tis completely empty. any help?

also, can we have the ability to choose where a ship touches down in a map zone?

Did you download the latest version? The error seems to stem from a previous build.

Ship touchdown currently always drops in the center. I'll give you the same options as if you were targeting on the world map directly.

Quote from: bolbies on July 06, 2017, 10:48:07 AM
When I load my game up I get these two errors:

Which version are you using? Looks like the container of the ship, that's being referenced for getting pawns on board, is null. There was a big change to the container-code from RW a few weeks ago.

Quote from: KLk on July 06, 2017, 11:08:07 AM
nice mod, i had some bugs, i can't attack enemy bases with the ship i have to touchdown in the next tile and then make a caravan, it's fine but annoying and the other bug is sometimes i can't use the ship or the game screen, optiones use the pals, and so on :(

What do you mean by being unable to attack? In the current version, there are only assault options for enemy faction bases, with edge drop and center drop being selectable. If you want to attack friendly bases currently there's no option to attack once you've chosen to Visit them.

DooMJake

This looks promising. Is there a Steam Workshop version?

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: DooMJake on July 08, 2017, 05:03:12 AM
This looks promising. Is there a Steam Workshop version?

Not yet. There is still a lot of experimental stuff in here that needs to be addressed before I dare put this on the Workshop.

SpaceDorf

I got a ship bug without installing any turrets.

I made the mistake on landing on a crashed ship and my People on the Ship and the Ship itself vanished.
So I loaded a savegame which I thought should reverse the problem ..
Well. It did not.

After loading the ship was bugged .. clicking on it I got no ship menu and could only free the cursor by clicking on the menu button.

===== EDIT =====

I was able to load a previous game before the ship was finished and that removed the problem for now ..

bolbies

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 08, 2017, 07:39:38 PM
I got a ship bug without installing any turrets.

I made the mistake on landing on a crashed ship and my People on the Ship and the Ship itself vanished.
So I loaded a savegame which I thought should reverse the problem ..
Well. It did not.

After loading the ship was bugged .. clicking on it I got no ship menu and could only free the cursor by clicking on the menu button.

===== EDIT =====

I was able to load a previous game before the ship was finished and that removed the problem for now ..

Do you still have the error log? I just crashed onto another crashed ship, and it got destroyed without problems, pawns intact.

Quote from: bolbies on July 08, 2017, 10:27:49 PM

@Cpt.Ohu
I'm using version 1.33

Could you send me the savegame in PM? I'd like to take a look at the container.

sivrehn

Sorry to bother you, but I didn't find any reference to this...

I started with a ship, a Firefly to be precise. Was working okay until I got a Trade Fair request (I have the recon and Discovery mod as well). I loaded my ship with two guys and some supplies and trade goods and launched. Selected drop on edge, since those fairs are sometimes slightly hostile due to the many factions in them. Also, the visit faction base button looked odd(odd font, spelling errors). The ship goes there quickly and then I press touchdown. It tgen goes to the generating map screen and proceeds to stay there forever :lol:. Did I choose the wrong option or this a possible mod incompatibility?

Thanks in advance!