[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLk

Quote from: TastyCookies on August 03, 2017, 12:55:03 PM
I've tried out your mod and it's awesome but there are some quirks I'd like to share. I had no errors generate on my log when these events occurred.

1. Apparently you cannot load certain items such as Medicine. I set the ship to load 20 medicine and set the min. hauler at 1 and when one of the colonists brought the medicine to the ship, they just drop the medicine next to it and the message said that the loading was completed even though there is nothing in the ship. A similar case happened with loading mortars only this time I set it to load 4 but only 3 were loaded in and the last one was dropped next to the ship.

1.5 Along with above comes with canceling the priority of hauling items to the ship. If I click on it once, it doesn't work and the colonists ends up having a bad mood because I am unable to cancel their current task. However, if I click on it multiple times, then it ends up cancelling. This happened while I had 1 colonist loading 1000 chemfuel to the ship.
2. I don't know if this has something to do with the mod but I feel it's worth mentioning. If I were to send a drop ship to a settlement or outpost and use the touchdown option, the map generation is much smaller than if I were to use an alternative method of transportation such as transport pods. The same thing occurs when just loading a random hex on the world map. Using touchdown would just generate a small map versus using a mod such as set up camp would generate a bigger one. 

Other than the above, this is an innovative mod and I love it!
press f or load and unload them in the aircraft

SpaceDorf

@ Cpt. Ohu.

I found another small thing with the dropships :)
Apparently I can't load incapacitated pawns.
So no MedEvac for me :(
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

TastyCookies

Thanks for the latest patch Cpt.Ohu, it fixed the last item loading bug and the cargo loading menu is no longer lagging.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 08, 2017, 07:21:26 AM
@ Cpt. Ohu.

I found another small thing with the dropships :)
Apparently I can't load incapacitated pawns.
So no MedEvac for me :(

Yeah, I didn't patch rescue to consider Ships yet.

Quote from: TastyCookies on August 09, 2017, 10:38:32 AM
Thanks for the latest patch Cpt.Ohu, it fixed the last item loading bug and the cargo loading menu is no longer lagging.

Good to hear!

SpaceDorf

@Cpt. Ohu have you seen this mod, he worked some magic to make the loading of pods better.

Billies Improved Load Transport Pods[URL]

Constance68W

I was actually about to post a link to that, knowing that's one of my major (if only?) issues with this mod..

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Constance68W on August 10, 2017, 06:16:57 PM
I was actually about to post a link to that, knowing that's one of my major (if only?) issues with this mod..
to slow dude  ;)

Cpt.Ohu

This was actually possible with ships before. There was a fundamental change in the way containers are coded, after which I had to do a lot of rewrites and somehow the multiple pawn loading didn't work anymore.

With the newest patch, this should work again. I my tests 3 haulers simultaneously loaded my cargo.

Canute

Why not divide the ship cargo into multiple container cargos.
Like at launchpod you can select multiple pod/launcher for a bigger launch start.
Give the ship a 4 container cargo, which auto. select all on a load command. Maybe that helps at the loading.

Cpt.Ohu

If anything that would complicate the code even more. Currently I just tell all Pawns to load the ship, and up to 10 Pawns can have  a go at it.

Multiple loading worked before, that's how cargo loading was implemented, so I don't see how this split would help.

SpaceDorf

If it works right now, I think we should calm down on the suggestions :)

And there is always fleet management left...

Cpt.Ohu

Yep, that's gonna be another difficult matter.

So, how should fleets be controlled?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 11, 2017, 12:49:32 PM
So, how should fleets be controlled?

at first there is the matter of loading cargo to a fleet ..  ;D ;D

else I don't know yet .. what can they do allready ?

Constance68W

Fleet control should be an extension of singular control, really.
Simple yet effective!

Rustic Fox

Add the ability to select the location you want to land you ship when touching down at non home locations
I am a mod creator that creates my own custom mods but also believes in keeping alive older interesting mods.

My Mods: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=50497