[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s44yuritch

Transport pods are still relevant, for combat drops at least. The ships are rather slow compared to pods, you can't reinforce a caravan or remote base in time with ships. Pods, however, can get there in time.

Plus the pods are way more fuel-efficient to move small amounts of cargo. If you need to get 100 components to a different base, with pods it will cost 80 steel, 1 components, and 150 fuel, but the ship can easily burn 500-1000 fuel on the way (not even counting the need to return afterwards).

Which is to say, the ships aren't as good when you don't have enough cargo to fill the whole ship.

Ruisuki

Oooo thank you I will be adding this to my current save then. This and Yes, Vehicles help in expanding the world. Tired of walking so much haha

Ruisuki

can you use the ships offensively in your own map or are they like more resilient turrets in that case? I ask because it mentions future plans are adding bombs so wondering if the former would be the case in that scenario. Or did you mean for it to then work like a mortar?

s44yuritch

(I'm not the mod author, just a mod user) the bombs don't work yet, only the turrets work. So you can use the ship as a reposition-able turret. Can be used offensively, too, but the ship isn't that resilient to damage (just a little harder to destroy than 1 block of a stone wall).

Ruisuki

Quote from: s44yuritch on March 02, 2018, 09:19:14 AM
(I'm not the mod author, just a mod user) the bombs don't work yet, only the turrets work. So you can use the ship as a reposition-able turret. Can be used offensively, too, but the ship isn't that resilient to damage (just a little harder to destroy than 1 block of a stone wall).
Hey thanks for the reply. Thats what im wondering, how is it used offensively? If the guns on the ship make it a turret, then Im assuming the future bombs addon will work like a mortar? I wont be able to fly a jet and mow raiders down from above pretty much lol

Drglord

Okay people still choose to put people into these ships when rescuing them since they seem to work as stasis pods... Anybody know a way to turn that off by editing something on the files?

Milante

Cpt.Ohu, I have created a mid-sized freighter that I'd like to submit to you to add to the mod, or keep as a separate addition to your mod. I've included a picture of it here, and I have thrown together the xml for it, but I was unclear from reading your description of immediately uploading the full package would be acceptable. Let me know, and I'll throw it up, or start a separate thread if you'd prefer.

Also, I haven't used forums in... probably over a decade, so please excuse my rusty etiquette and general lack of interface knowledge.

[attachment deleted due to age]

alcangle_neal

Firstly, this mod is amazing! Totally changed the way I play the game and opened up wonderful new opportunities for me, so a massive thank you for that! :D
Unfortunately though I am (pretty consistently) running into an issue when using the ships, it seems as though everytime I load the game I get a single use of a ship, then after it has returned home it refuses to fly anywhere else and just keeps telling me "Cannot Launch as Fleet. At least one ship doesn't have enough fuel to reach the target". This appears regardless of if the ship is in a fleet or not, and seemingly ignoring the fact that the ship has a full fuel load (1500). The only thing it lets me do is "Return ship", which is does perfectly well, but I can't do anything else until I reload the game :(

phas

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the "drop at the edge" thing or better let me chose were to land my ship. please.

SpiderPsycho

Hey I've been having some issues with the mod. Turrets seem to break the GUI and things, so I don't use them. https://git.io/vx0DY Here's the error logs that HugsLib produced. If you could check them out that'd be great. Ignore the other stuff, unless its interfering.

mangalores

It may be the same as the destroyed outpost bug reported a few pages back but at this stage it seems the mod cannot support the map missions?

I tried to rescue a wounded wanderer by flying there. It worked and cured the wanderer but I could only rescue him by leaving the map on foot, not via the dropship which was a pain.

I also tried to meet for peace talks but while a map was loaded the peace talk dialoge was not.

Hope this can be fixed in the future. I like the mod alot. Heck, a raid against me was pirates landing with two dropships to attack me. Though there may be some balancing in there concerning dismantling those for valuable resources.

Great work!

Canute

Yep, you can't load up a hostile or neutral into pod's,dropship or portal's.
You need to wait for him to stay up and join maybe your side, or for downed hostiles you need to capture them before, which require a room.

Drglord

Quote from: mangalores on March 26, 2018, 01:18:42 PM
It may be the same as the destroyed outpost bug reported a few pages back but at this stage it seems the mod cannot support the map missions?

I tried to rescue a wounded wanderer by flying there. It worked and cured the wanderer but I could only rescue him by leaving the map on foot, not via the dropship which was a pain.

I also tried to meet for peace talks but while a map was loaded the peace talk dialoge was not.

Hope this can be fixed in the future. I like the mod alot. Heck, a raid against me was pirates landing with two dropships to attack me. Though there may be some balancing in there concerning dismantling those for valuable resources.

Great work!

For the peace talks i have a workaround.
Fly to the spot of the talks.
Then select the ship-caravan on the map and right click (or it is left?) on the peace talks like you want to walk there with a caravan. And boom peace talks resolved.
For the rest of the missions - trade or such you could land a hex away and then walk to the outpost- city with mission... Best that can be done and really it would take less than a day.

TrEvIzE

It is possible to land somewhere else than in middle of the map?

Land in middle of an ennemy base is not really funny. That cost me some dropship...

phas

Quote from: TrEvIzE on March 28, 2018, 11:57:01 AM
It is possible to land somewhere else than in middle of the map?

Land in middle of an ennemy base is not really funny. That cost me some dropship...
I'm trying to patch the code to do that.